BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Mom Suffocates Toddler- Reaches Breaking Point

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:18am
Really so sad.
And yes everyone truly underestimates the postpartum depression. ALSO the effect of birth control on new mothers and just women in general.

They just think women are supposed to be so strong.

Sponsored Links

NuAttitude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:18am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

maybe she suffered from PPD
Yea, I was thinking that too.  Sad though, RIP Kiam.  Maybe there should be counseling, in addition to pre and post natal care, for all pregnant mothers.  I wonder if that would help decrease these infant murders.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:19am
People need to take ppd more seriously....smh
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:21am
I hope they do a real thorough investigation of her mental state, see if she was on birth control...
SMH I had bad thoughts while on that Mirena I knew I had to get it out

Some people cant realize something is causing them side effects or just think they can deal on their own though
NuAttitude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Bekah Bekah wrote:

I feel for her and the baby who lost his life.. I dealt with PPD.. and well as depression.
Hey Bekah, I feel ya.  I went through it too.  Luckily my mom saw the changes in me.  She took care of my child for 2 weeks and I took a vacation.  It's the hormones all out of whackWacko and the stresses and anxiety of becoming a mother, I believe that causes it.
Butta Cookie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Butta Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:25am
I don't think she deserves a trial. Put her down right now!
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:26am
I too dealt with ppd, I still deal with depression. it's important to talk about it and get help. it's important to have supportive people around. Family and friends who can give you a break at times. It's even worse to have ppd as a single mom because nobody is there to support you, nobody is there so you can sleep, you don't get any time to yourself. like her, even a shower, you can't get that. it does become frustrating and lonely, you can't always soothe your child and have to rock your child all night. it's sad, but always get help and always speak up if you don't feel like you can handle things. I just wish this mother left the baby at a police station, a hospital, or a church instead. her mind must have been out of control, it seems she regretted it.
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:26am
very sad..
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:29am
Very sad. I remember feeling like a zombie right after the birth of my son. I hope she gets help. RIP to that beautiful baby.
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:35am
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

Postpartum depression is real, it scares the sh*t outta me (as someone who has bouts of depression)

Yes it is scary as hell.  I went through it badly with my second daughter.  It was made worse by the fact that my husband and I split while I was pregnant with her.  Thinking about where my head was at during that time makes me scared.  I was totally lost and ended up somewhere for a while, away from my kids, getting help.  

I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it.  RIP to that poor baby.  

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic