Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Molasses Conditioning Treatment Stopped B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 83>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
SassyShani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SassyShani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Molasses Conditioning Treatment Stopped B
    Posted: Jul 11 2006 at 11:13pm
I heard that blackstrap molasses as so much nutritional value in it so I tried it and it stopped the breakage immediately. This lady who braided my hair once is from Jamaica and told me how they would apply molasses to their hair and let it sit all day, then wash out and it helped their hair in numerous ways. Well, I tried it and mixed it w/my African Pride Mayo conditioner along w/a few drops of my Alter Ego and few drops of pure rosemary and let it sit on my hair for over an hour. I washed it out and it was so soft and amazing. I also applied a moisturizing conditioner (I'm sure I didn't have to but did anyway) henna conditioning shampoo, then rolled my hair up w/flexirods. The next morning my hair came out so awesome! I love this mixture.

I seen results from the molasses mixture immediately so i suggest anyone with weak damage hair should at least give it a try. If you don't have all the products i did then at least mix it w/an egg and/or an essential oil of choice

I also take blackstrap molasses pills w/iron too but there is a lot of benefits from it if you ladies want to try.
Sponsored Links

melody4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melody4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2006 at 11:21pm

so did you just go to the store and buy some molasses?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SassyShani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2006 at 7:05am
Originally posted by melody4u melody4u wrote:

so did you just go to the store and buy some molasses?

Yes, I bought the unrefined kind. It smelled so bad until i mixed the other stuff w/it. Also, it works like Honey but better. It worked wonders for my hair and I think I am going to do this on a monthly or 2wk basis
Charmtreese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charmtreese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2006 at 9:22am
Sassy-I used Blackstrap molasses in my pre-poo along with honey and evoo. I remembered that some ladies had posted about it in the past, when I did a search I saw that it was you.  It worked great! I followed it up with a moisturizing conditioner as well.  I also put a little blackstrap in my homemade moisturizing spritz. 

Where do you get the molasses iron supplements from, currently I'm just taking regular iron supplements.
melody4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melody4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2006 at 9:58am
charm..what do use in your homemade moisturizer??
Charmtreese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charmtreese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2006 at 11:31am
Melody4u- 

I normally use:  distilled water, glyercin, honey, and EO's (lavender, rosemary and ylang ylang) some times I switch up the EO's. This last time I put a little Blackstrap in there! 
DayJaVoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayJaVoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2006 at 12:06pm
Why is it that the funkiest stuff works the best for our hair?

I'm going to try it as a pre-poo today. Good thing we have some lying around. Molasses makes the best bake beans.

Edited by DayJaVoo - Jul 12 2006 at 12:07pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SassyShani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2006 at 5:19pm
^^You never liked about that lol^^  I also love molasses old fashion cookies too.

Charm, I bought them off of Ebay. It was blackstrap Molasses w/iron by Swanson Health products. I'm trying to take them on a regular basis along w/my flaxseed oil pills lol.

This mix worked wonders for my hair. The fact that it is 3x days post of when i did it and my hair is still strong and soft
Ms. highlight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms. highlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2006 at 5:23pm
Ok I'm trying it right now as I write i mixed it with evoo,cocnut,castor,africa best herbal, and honey on top of my keracare humecto...wash it out later tonight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SassyShani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2006 at 6:32pm
Make sure you update after too! i'm getting excited too
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 83>