Perfect Hair Collection

moisturizing before flat ironing

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: moisturizing before flat ironing
    Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 6:41pm
Question:

I'm going to the salon to get my hair flat ironed on Friday. I've read that the hair must be shampooed clean and deep conditioned before the process. What I'm not sure of is if I can moisturize and if I should skip the sealing before going to the salon or not.

I remember reading that using oil might bake the hair in and also to avoid too much product if I want the hair to come out straight and bouncy. But if I don't moisturize at all, I figure my hair would be super dry? So can I moisturize at least a little? I need to look "presentable" (not by my standards) on Saturday. I've only flat ironed twice while natural and the last time was a disaster (heat damage)

Thanks

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Mar 12 2014 at 6:55pm
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 7:07pm
I know what to do after the flat iron (no water-based moisturizer, only light oil) but I don't know if my moisturizing products before the flat ironing will impact the results.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 4:48pm
When i flat iron i get moisture from my conditioner. You can moisturize and seal lighlty.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by rell85 rell85 wrote:

When i flat iron i get moisture from my conditioner. You can moisturize and seal lighlty.

Thanks for answering. I moisturized and sealed lightly and then had my stylist do it. My problem is it works a little too well! She got it smooth after one pass but it was to smooth for me. The thing is, although my hair is long, it's become very fine for some reason. Only noticed this after flat ironing. I guess I got to keep my hair a little dirtier before flat ironing so that it doesn't press too smooth...
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:29am
That's good you had nice results. I find my hair only bulky/thick when it's not 100% straight.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic