Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Moisturize and seal for Texterized/Relaxed hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Moisturize and seal for Texterized/Relaxed hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
IKnoULuvNiesha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IKnoULuvNiesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moisturize and seal for Texterized/Relaxed hair?
    Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 2:07am
I just want to know what products others are using for daily moisturizing and sealing on their hair. My hair is a little more texterized and not fully relaxed or maybe texlaxed ( not sure if that's the term I am :s) right now I'm trying Africa's Best organics moisturizing and growth lotion and I find it watery than what I'm used to but so far it seems ok. and I seal with Hollywood Beauty's castor oil. I used to use virgin olive oil when I was natural to seal but like I said I'm doing a trial and error situation on products. Also can you state whetheryou are texterized or relaxed and the products for moisturizing and sealing. Thanks
Sponsored Links

TiredofMyBob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiredofMyBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 1:35pm
I'm relaxed with some left over color from old highlights. I've been wearing braid outs and using no heat since I got my weave taken down in mid May. My last relaxer was in late May.

That's probably more information than you needed but just so you have background, there you go lol.

When my hair is straight, I use light spray moisturizers. I had been using Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus moisture mist. But I've switched to Bobo's Leave-in Conditioner spray (got tired of the coconut smell).

When my hair is more curly I use Cantu Shea Butter leave-in conditioning cream at night. I'll spray Bobo's on when I undo my braids for the day if I feel that my hair needs some moisturizing. I think it's working well.

I personally no longer seal because I can't find a light enough oil that won't weigh my hair down. The right side of my hair is always oily looking after a while (moisturizer, oil or none at all) so I'm still struggling with that. But my hair has softness and isn't dry like it used to be before I started my hair journey last summer.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic