Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Moisture or Protein Based? Pics Included

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
sweetie.0218 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetie.0218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moisture or Protein Based? Pics Included
    Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 3:50pm
Hey Everyone,

I was trying to post this topic in the "Natural" thread but for some odd reason it wont let me :(
Anyways, I have been natural for my whole life and I just wanted to know if anyone knows about the "Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Cream" has anyone tried this product and is it a moisture based product or protein based? 
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetie.0218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 3:52pm
Pic of my hair:          file:///C:/Users/OWNER/Pictures/My%20Natural%20Hair.jpg
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 3:59pm
Can you post ingredients?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetie.0218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 4:02pm
Water , Cyclopentasiloxane , Dimethicone , Behenyl Alcohol , Glycerin , Ethylhexyl Isononanoate , Polyquaternium 37 , Cetrimonium Chloride , Behentrimonium Chloride , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate , Cyclohexasiloxane , Meadowfoam Seed Oillimnanthes alba , Olive Fruit Oilolea europaea , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oilprunus amygdalis dulcis , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane , PPG 1 Trideceth 6 , Phenyltrimethicone , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Sodium Hydroxide , Fragrance
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2013 at 1:14am
It's moisture based. If ur looking 4 something with protein, one of the first 5 ingredients should be protein.
ClassicBeautee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBeautee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 9:29pm
It's moisture based. It does have a cone pretty high up in the list but I think it may be one that's water soluble.
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 1:45pm
I try to stay away from a lot of products that have too many parabens and silicones. Personally, the more natural ingredients and fewer silicones and parabens, the more likely I'm going to be to try it. Silicones WILL slowly cause damage over time, even though they temporarily smooth the hair. I think that is why using too many products will give people very disappointing results, and why people who go more natural seem to have the best hair. My mom's hair has gotten VERY dry and frizzy over the years, and I think it's a mixture of over-heating and using a lot of product.

Water is the first ingredient, so of course it is moisture-based. I'm not too knowledgeable on most of those types of ingredients, but usually something for protein will have natural proteins and keratin in it. I need both, but mostly moisture, so I always look for something that contains protein but is marketed as a moisture product. That way I get the right amount of what I need.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic