BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Modifying regimens to retain length.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Luffy Wig

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 6:10pm
I'm going to try washing less often and I will buy a fake bun to wear on top of my own. I will baggy my ends instead of gheing since I will be washing less.
Doing this along with 20,000 mg biotin daily and monistat on my scalp I better reach my goal!
Sponsored Links

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 9:43pm
I'm retaining length well, but my hair is growing all in the crown...it is taking forever to grow down in length. 
I protective style and only use heat like 2x per year. I do big twists and braids using my own hair. I was doing box braids with my own hair, but I got lazy and I would be rough at take down. I wash my hair 2x per week due to scalp issues. 
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 4:53pm
For two years now, I have incorporated heat into my Fall/Winter Reggie to combat ssk's(which were the bane of my existence whilst curly). I was retaining with them, but they were annoying. Initially, I was still having them bc I wasn't moisturizing straight Cleo right. Once I got that under control, they went away whilst straight. I have less of them curly now, but I may never be rid of them bc Cleo shrinks like no other.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 1:14pm
It is an ongoing process, very frustrating at times . But I keep looking for the 'Holy Grail' to retain my hair.   
luvurself View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvurself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:01pm
Twists Twists and more Twist! Real and with extentions- Apply Castor Oil directly to scalp and moisture to hair via butters. Use curly puddings when needed not gels. When I get tired of twist I flat twist put a wig on :)
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 3:29pm
Bunning this year has been serving me okay, I read all information i could find and have not lost any edges or anything. Most of hair journey can actively remember has been in twist styles.

Since i get a lot of ssk's and splits I tend to get scissor happy to easily, but with less combs and leaving my hair alone (that means like 2 weeks without washing for me, with light spritz and oil)now I see growth.
eternalhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eternalhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 8:43am
I know all too well what you are talking about. This lady does a good job of stretching her hair after washing. Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TlbcO-WR8Rw
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 11:35am
I'm gonna stop using combs again, I was retaining length when I finger detangled. I went back to the comb when I couldn't find the old formula of Tresemme naturals. None of the conditioners I bought to try and replace t had slip so it was either take forever to finger detangle or start using a comb.
AriesBabe09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AriesBabe09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 12:57pm
My hair retained the most length during the summer when I did wash n go's washing twice per week, didn't use combs only finger detangled. My modified regimen during the winter at first was trying to continue to do wash n go's which didn't really work. So, I started doing braid outs...now I'm doing roller sets. I'm not sure if my hair is still maintaining the length it did when I was washing twice per week, BUT I have noticed less shedding.
AriesBabe09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AriesBabe09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Journey94 Journey94 wrote:

I'm gonna stop using combs again, I was retaining length when I finger detangled. I went back to the comb when I couldn't find the old formula of Tresemme naturals. None of the conditioners I bought to try and replace t had slip so it was either take forever to finger detangle or start using a comb.

Tresseme changing the formula has f'd up my entire curly routine and detangling is not as pleasant as it was before. I haven't found anything comparable to Tressems Naturals old formulas AS YET, its been a bout 4 months now.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Nor-ahs Unique Blends
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic