Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Growth Archives > Hair Growth Archives 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedMN CAUSING SCALP TO ITCH BADLY???

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Jaya View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: MN CAUSING SCALP TO ITCH BADLY???
    Posted: Apr 09 2007 at 10:08am
Hey....
I wanted to know has anybody experienced any itchy scalp while using MN.  My scalp itches terribly...it's unbearable....I've been using MN for about 3 weeks now, mxing it with my Doo Gro oil.  This week my scalp has been itching off the chain....  I'm using it 3x's a week, & I believe I do see a difference b/c my new growth feels like wool.....  Is it possible that I am using too much... at one time?  I apply it like I'm oiling my scalp, just parting it in many many sections....  Is there a rule of thumb about washing your hair while using that product?  I wash my hair normally every 2 weeks...

Sponsored Links

talkalotgirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2007 at 10:16am

you probably need to wash it more frequently if you are uncomfortable

sikora View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2007 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Jaya Jaya wrote:

Hey....
I wanted to know has anybody experienced any itchy scalp while using MN.  My scalp itches terribly...it's unbearable....I've been using MN for about 3 weeks now, mxing it with my Doo Gro oil.  This week my scalp has been itching off the chain....  I'm using it 3x's a week, & I believe I do see a difference b/c my new growth feels like wool.....  Is it possible that I am using too much... at one time?  I apply it like I'm oiling my scalp, just parting it in many many sections....  Is there a rule of thumb about washing your hair while using that product?  I wash my hair normally every 2 weeks...

This is what happened to me when I tried using MN.  The scalp stimulation was too much for me, so I never used it continuously
chadae View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2007 at 1:59pm
Ive heard ppl say when your hair itches like that it means that its growing..well at least my mother says that.

But when I use MN I wash my hair like every week. I have not had it itch that much though...try washing every week and see if that helps. What kind of doo gro oil areyou using?
tasha29 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 9:32pm
are you moisterizing after and continue to baggie
Nichole23 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 9:39pm
Im not big on all this growth aides, so my opinion might go right out the window here.  But from reading your post, it sounds like this is not something you should be usingOur bodies have ways to let us know when its not comfortable with something (when its irritated) and I think you have that sign now.  This may be a sign to say stop!  or maybe you can take it as a sign to use less, use less often, wash more (with this product) or find an alternative.  But whatever you do, please listen to your body when its talking to you...and right now it is talking loud.

We all want to grow our hair healthy and long but dont risk your health in the process or your hair!

Good Luck.
I hope you listen to your body!
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 10:55pm
You need to wash your hair at least once per week, while using your MN mixture.  It will create a build-up on the scalp, and that will cause crazy itching.  I would also advise you, to also use a clarifying shampoo, once per month.  I have seen patients with allergic reaction to Miconazole Nitrate, which is MN.  An allergic reaction to MN, is typically burning and irritation.  You would have shown a reaction earlier than now, generally after the first or second use.  I think that you will feel better, after you wash your hair. 
tasha29 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 7:10am
actually I agree with nocole21  everything is not for everyone.   some people breakout from using MTG but I  don't. and some get headaches from MN and some say they don't.. so you may want to try another route at growing your hair.
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 7:47am
[QUOTE=Claudie]You need to wash your hair at least once per week, while using your MN mixture.  It will create a build-up on the scalp, and that will cause crazy itching.  I would also advise you, to also use a clarifying shampoo, once per month.  I have seen patients with allergic reaction to Miconazole Nitrate, which is MN.  An allergic reaction to MN, is typically burning and irritation.  You would have shown a reaction earlier than now, generally after the first or second use.  However, anything is possible, with an allergic reaction to anything. I agree that not everything works for everyone.  I checked further, you might want to eliminate the MN, and see what happens.  If that is of no help, then you might want to eliminate DooGro.  You could be allergic to the sulphur in the product.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic