Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Products > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Mizani Butter Blend vs Sensitive Scalp

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Jamillah81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamillah81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mizani Butter Blend vs Sensitive Scalp
    Posted: Jul 10 2010 at 3:17pm
I've been using ORS no-lye for a year and at first I loved it but now I think it was one of the worst things I could have done to my hair.

Before this I was using just the Mizani lye perm, but had trouble finding it locally so I switched to the ORS box perm because it's in every store around here.

Now I see the error in my ways and want to switch back to lye perms. I intend to go back with Mizani (and just order it online), but I want to try Butter Blend this time.

When I search online, I see one type that's a kit and says "sensitive scalp" and another thats just the relaxer that doesn't say sensitive scalp.

Aren't all of the kits no-lye? I would like to have a sensitive scalp formula but not if it's no lye.

Help!
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamillah81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2010 at 3:26pm
Ok, so I went to the Mizani-Usa website and found that the sensitive scalp one is no-lye. I guess that answers my question. Has anyone tried both?
QuietQueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuietQueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 7:37pm
I've been eyeing Mizani for a while. Hopefully someone responds.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamillah81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2010 at 5:33pm
I ended up ordering the lye one, its not sensitive scalp. It hasnt come in yet. I used to use the regular Mizani and loved it so hopefully this won't disappoint.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamillah81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2010 at 12:32pm
This came in the mail today. I'll let you know how it turns out.
DarkEyes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2010 at 12:40pm
I've been using Mizani Butter Blends for almost 2 years, about a year ago I started using it to texlax.  I used medium/normal at first, but now I use the fine/color treated formula since I'm not trying to get straight hair. 

I've never had any irritation to my scalp but I make sure to base it really well and don't manipulate it at least a day prior.

Britt206 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Britt206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2010 at 8:49am
I love the butter blends no-lye... it straightens well, I never have any issues w/ dryness and most importantly, it doesn't burn at all. This last relaxer I used the butter blends lye and  it didn't process my hair evenly, my hair was underprocessed after a few washings. However, some people like that, so if that's for you, then you'd not want to go w/ the lye b/c the lye straightens well.
jineat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jineat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2010 at 5:26am
When I was relaxed my stylist used Mizani and I loved it (fine for fine to medium and colored textured hair) and when I texturized I used it. I love Mizani, it's one of the few relaxers where I never had breakage problems. I may use it on myself in the future.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic