Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

MIXED length hair? Why do woman do this?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MIXED length hair? Why do woman do this?
    Posted: May 10 2013 at 3:35pm
I'm on aliexpress and I see 3 pcs for 16" and 3 pcs for 14" 16" 18" are the same price.

I am looking at straight hair so what is the benefit to getting mixed length? I notice many woman on Youtube do this. Would it look right if I was going for an ombre look?

ALSO! I want to make my own wig but attach a lace frontal to the front so that I can do half up do styles and stuff without having to flat iron my own hair. Do you think that would look right? I figure I'd make the wig out of a dome cap and attach the frontal to the front of the dome cap. I haven't seen any Youtube tuts on this. What should I do if that's not the way to go? 
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 3:37pm
Also what are 3 pcs? Like 3 packs of hair? 

What are bundles?
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 3:48pm
Mixed length give a sort of layering affect so you don't have to buy three packs of 16 inches and end up cutting the top piece down to 12 to get the layering affect.

pcs=bundles in Chinese vendor lingo.
iyawo814 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyawo814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Mixed length give a sort of layering affect so you don't have to buy three packs of 16 inches and end up cutting the top piece down to 12 to get the layering affect.

pcs=bundles in Chinese vendor lingo.
^^^ YES.

I get mixed lengths when I purchase hair cause there is no need to pay for length that I am going to end up cutting off.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 5:10pm
I want to make my own wig but attach a lace frontal to the front so that I can do half up do styles and stuff without having to flat iron my own hair. Do you think that would look right? I figure I'd make the wig out of a dome cap and attach the frontal to the front of the dome cap. I haven't seen any Youtube tuts on this. What should I do if that's not the way to go? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 5:45pm
BUMP
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by peaceloveandcurls peaceloveandcurls wrote:

Also what are 3 pcs? Like 3 packs of hair? 

What are bundles?
Bundles are from 3.5 ounces to 4 ounces of hair (its like a pack of hair). If you are looking for a layered effect its best to buy 12...14..16...
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by peaceloveandcurls peaceloveandcurls wrote:

I want to make my own wig but attach a lace frontal to the front so that I can do half up do styles and stuff without having to flat iron my own hair. Do you think that would look right? I figure I'd make the wig out of a dome cap and attach the frontal to the front of the dome cap. I haven't seen any Youtube tuts on this. What should I do if that's not the way to go? 
 Post this in the Lacefront forum ...someone will have the answer for you...GOOD LUCK

Edited by Brjasuga51 - May 10 2013 at 7:37pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply