Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Mixed hair breakage from texturizing ?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
maxiquaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxiquaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mixed hair breakage from texturizing ?
    Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 1:01am
(I know this might be the wrong place for this post, but when I tried to post it in the Hair Breakage forum, I got an error message saying "Access Denied". If it's incorrect, would an admin be kind enough to move it? Thanks) 

I have mixed hair (black, Guyanese, Cherokee native, Italian) and it has always been extremely thick and strong. I think it's somewhere between a 3 and 3c as far as curl type, depending on which part of my hair you look at and is currently grown to the middle of my back. I've been texturizing my hair with a Rusk product for the past 2 years or so with no issues. I usually only have it done once or twice a year. Beginning in May of this year, I noticed that right at the back area of the top of my head, my scalp felt very tender to the touch and my hair was weakening. When I combed my hair in the shower, more and more hair was coming out which made me nervous.

My usual routine is that I wash my hair about once a week and braid it before going to bed. I braided my hair, but when I woke up, the tightness of the braids had caused a bunch of the little hairs to snap. This wasn't such a big deal at first, but even after I stopped braiding my hair or even putting it up in any kind of tight style, it has continued to break off throughout the summer. Now I have a pretty sizable area of my head that is all broken off. I have stopped texturizing my hair (the last time it was done was December) and there is about 2 inches of new, natural growth happening. I've noticed that the breaking seems to happen right where the texturized hair and the natural hair meet, leaving about 2 inches of hair that stick out at odd angles. I am a 19 year old working college student, so I don't know how much of this could be stress related.

Here's a picture of what it looks like with wet hair: 

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x289/WHEEE4/Photoon8-17-13at128AM.jpg

I usually don't shampoo my hair, but when I do I use Pantene. I condition with Mixed Chicks deep conditioner or their leave in. My hair tends to be on the drier side, but apart from this breaking, my hair seems very healthy with no other issues. I don't use anything to style it besides grapeseed oil, almond oil, or sometimes shea butter. I'm starting to stress about this, which isn't good. Can anyone give any advice? Thank you! Sorry for the long post. 
Sponsored Links

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style