Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mitt Romney Set To Pick Paul Ryan As Running Mate
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedMitt Romney Set To Pick Paul Ryan As Running Mate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2012 at 11:03pm
Romney's unemployed ass...does he count on the unemployment rate? lol...i wonder
Sponsored Links

**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2012 at 11:37pm
Political journalism is soooo dense, but it's so interesting.
I wonder if my school has a class on this. 

Please continue, ladies. 
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2012 at 12:06am
As was previously written, the Ryan Plan for medicare would be privatized.  Governments would give those who qualify to receive medicare a certain amount of money to buy their own health care insurance from an approved list.  He claims this will shrink the deficit.  Those who are 55 and over would be able to keep their medicare plan the way it is.

My criticisms of the plan are the following:
- Since Medicare is such a small percentage of the total US budget, how, exactly, will this plan help us to cut the deficit in any significant way?  It's like paying $1.25 every month for a $45,000 loan that is accruing interest.
- Once a plan has been established into practice, it can always be changed.  Whatever government is in office can decide to scrap the current medicare plan in its entirety whenever they want, for whatever reason.  Proposed bills and plans are never signed into law the way they are proposed.
- Ryan claims that there is choice.  Where the hell is the choice when the government gives you an approved list of health care plans you can choose?  It's basically the same program with the illusion of choice.
- Medicare recipients are given subsidies to purchase plans.  Okay, so how much is the subsidy?  What if I need the health care coverage for a particular set of ailments, but the money the government gives me doesn't cover it?  I'll be totally fukked then.
- The problem of PRIVATIZED INSURANCE IS STILL THERE.  Because the insurance companies get to be creative with the regulations placed on them by the government and because you still have some companies that have non-medical employees make medical decisions based on cost, you have a huge risk of getting fukked over--and you'll be fukked over across state lines if the Republicans have their way of "free choice insurance."  They can raise their premiums--and they will--the second the government requires the insurance companies to make sure American citizens are cared for.

Bottom line, this plan doesn't help Americans at all.  What it does is put money into the pockets of private corporations.  It seems as though, since the government is giving citizens a stipend for private insurance, they are just funneling tax payer money into the pockets of the rich--basically more legalized stealing from American people.

I say fukk all this bullshyt and just make a national health insurance system.  All of these private health insurance companies can either switch it up to offer better coverage than what the government could give it's citizens or they can offer supplemental insurance. 

America really can't afford any more hair-brained Republican ideas for fixing the economy.

Edited by TokyoRose - Aug 13 2012 at 12:28am
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2012 at 12:14am
"He claims this will shrink the deficit.  Those who are 55 and over would be able to keep their medicare plan the way it is."

why are the over 55 so special that they get to keep the good old medicare?
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2012 at 12:18am
I hate how " the deficit" is the new political buzzword .
Lol, the conservatives really know how to hype ish up.
Dick Cheney , while Bush was in office laughed when the growing deficit was mentioned.
He explicitly said " Deficits don't matter"

Now thats the conservatives new fave word.

Lol I agree that it should be controlled but it shouldnt be a focus.
A well balanced economy will take care of the deficit. It doesn't needs it's own agenda.
And if they really want to be real raising taxes for all is the ony way to get it down fast.
But then that just causes other issues....

Edited by jonesable - Aug 13 2012 at 12:19am
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2012 at 12:23am
Ryan had to submit several years of tax returns to the Romney camp.
Might as well submit them to us to get this game over with.
It's not like it will matter either way..
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2012 at 12:25am
They both have this vision of running the country like a business.
I hate that they think they are so clever.
A country is not a business and it would be foolish to run it like such.

I'm looking at you crazy ass Nikki Haley.

Edited by jonesable - Aug 13 2012 at 12:26am
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2012 at 12:27am
i operate my household on a deficit just like the gov't.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2012 at 12:34am
Lol a good portion the growing deficit will be because of the Bush era tax cuts, the Iraq and Afghanistan, and the recession that the prior administration and congress was largely responsible for.
I can't blame it all on the Bush administration there were warnings about the deficit during the Clintion Administration but then people couldn't gaf.

The deficit is gonna grow over the next couple of years no matter what either party does.
Plus the things we could do to retard the deficit after that neither party would bc then it's a public relations issue..

We' ll be ok once the economy starts its normal cycle ....until the next inevitable recession.

The government is wasteful...the end.

Edited by jonesable - Aug 13 2012 at 12:41am
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2012 at 12:44am
Actually, the growing deficit started with Reagan.  We had a thriving economy and really, for no reason at all, Reagan thought it would be a good idea to start spending like a madman. 

The only thing is, as our problems continue to grow, it appears that the American people are getting dumber and dumber.  Politicians don't even have to lie anymore--they outright tell us they don't give a shyt and we still throw our money at them and at the raises of CEOs of mega-corporations.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic