Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Missing in New Orleans: Terrilynn Monette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 3:43pm
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/06/terrilyn_monettes_car_has_been.html#incart_big-photo
Sponsored Links

oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 3:48pm
Car in Bayou

Terrilyn Monette's car has been found with her body inside, Rep. Austin Badon says

The car of missing teacher Terrilyn Monette has been found in Bayou St. John, near the corner of Harrison Avenue and Wisner Boulevard, state Rep. Austin Badon confirmed Saturday. Monette's body was believed to be in the car, Badon said.

A Slidell Police Department officer who volunteered to dive in the water and search for the car located it shortly before noon on Saturday. The car -- matching the license plate, make, model and color of Monette's -- was pulled from the water around 3:25 p.m.

The discovery came more than three months since Monette disappeared after leaving a Lakeview bar early March 2. For weeks, large groups of volunteers turned out to search for the 26-year-old woman, whose disappearance was covered in national media. New Orleans police led search efforts and reviewed hundreds of hours of surveillance footage to investigate her disappearance. More than 17 cars were pulled from nearby water bodies.

Monette's family has been flying back and forth from her native California to continue to look for her. Monette's mother, Toni Enclade, was sobbing when she was reached by telephone on Saturday as her daughter's car was pulled from the bayou.

"I don't understand why it took them so long to find her car," Enclade said between tears. "This is supposedly one of the first places they would have checked. I'm just overwhelmed. It doesn't make sense."

Sobbing, she politely excused herself and hung up.

Badon has been spearheading car retrieval and other efforts for the last few months.

"It's a really sad moment," he said. I've gotten to know the family extremely well. I'm heartbroken for them. There's some sense of closure for them and I'm glad, though it wasn't the outcome i had hoped for."

The diver who found the car is Slidell police officer Mark Michaud, said Slidell police spokesman Daniel Seuzeneau.

Badon said authorities will perform routine toxicology tests and investigate whether any foul play was involved.

Monette was last seen leaving Parlay's Dream Lounge in the 800 block of Harrison Avenue about 5 a.m. on March 2. The second-grade teacher at Woodland West Elementary School in Harvey would have had to cross the bayou to return to her home.

A tow truck arrived at the scene about 1:55 p.m. The Orleans Parish Coroner's office has been notified of the situation.

When three women who had been missing for a decade were discovered in Cleveland last month alive, Enclade told The Huffington Post she was thinking of her daughter.

"The news that those girls were found so close to where they came up missing leads me to believe that there's a possible chance she's still in New Orleans," Enclade said, according to the report. "All this is doing is giving me hope that she's still out there somewhere."

Stay with NOLA.com as more details emerge.

Edited by oh_so_moody - Jun 08 2013 at 3:49pm
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 3:52pm
sad
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 3:55pm
They found 17 cars? Sheesh. 
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 3:58pm
Less than a mile from where she went missing? And it was the 1st place police looked for her at?

I feel so bad for her family.Cry
harley_quinn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote harley_quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 8:32pm
Cry I couldn't imagine myself in the mother's shoes. The investigators should really be ashamed.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 8:46pm
I just want to know how search teams searched that canal multiple times and missed her car knowing it was one of the closest bodies of water to where she went missing.Thumbs Down
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I just want to know how search teams searched that canal multiple times and missed her car knowing it was one of the closest bodies of water to where she went missing.Thumbs Down

maybe it was moved there after they searched
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 9:03pm
this is so terribly sad ... I hope there is still enough evidence to piece together what happened to her and how

Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 9:19pm
Awwww. This is soo tragic. But I'm happy her family has now received closure. I think she may have been drinking at the bar , then fallen asleep at the wheel while driving. The so called "friends" & the man that was last seen with her should feel like sh*t. I really think this could have been prevented if her associates had intervened to prevent her from driving home that night, she would probably still be here. May she rest in Peace. Cry 

Edited by Majesty02 - Jun 08 2013 at 9:27pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System