Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - missing girls found veryclose to home after 10 yrs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

missing girls found veryclose to home after 10 yrs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 44>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 8:48am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I didn't follow the details of this story but now they're pulling up Charles' past domestic abuse arrests. They just can't let the black man hero story stand on its own...

Charles Ramsey Criminal Record: Cleveland Hero Has Domestic Violence History

Charles Ramsey, the Cleveland man who has been hailed as a hero for his role in helping to free three women from the house where police say they were held, has a criminal record that includes a history of domestic violence, the Smoking Gun reports.

As praise for Ramsey's actions continue to surface from media outlets, it remains to be seen how his past will affect the public's perceptions of his character.

Citing court documents, the Smoking Gun reports that Ramsey was charged with domestic violence in 1997 and pleaded no contest. In 1998, while Ramsey was awaiting sentencing, police arrested him again for domestic violence, the outlet notes. Ramsey had failed to appear in court for a hearing tied to the first case -- an action that led to prison time.

Ramsey served six months in prison, only to get arrested again in 2003 for domestic violence. He was then indicted on felony charges for "domestic violence with prior conviction," according to the Smoking Gun.

Visit the Smoking Gun for more details and the court documents.

The media has praised Ramsey in recent days in part because he said he thought kidnapping victim Amanda Berry, whom he heard screaming from a neighbor's house, was a victim of domestic violence when he went to help her. However, that fact -- coupled with Ramsey's remarks about how he had been raised to help women in distress -- now seems to stand in contrast to his past behavior.

Ramsey's candid account of the events leading up to Berry's rescue went viral earlier this week, thanks to his colorful language and multiple references to eating McDonald's.

Ramsey has denied that his actions were heroic and told CNN's Anderson Cooper that he did what any human would do. Any reward money, Ramsey told Cooper, should be returned to the victims.

The Washington Post's Jonathan Capehart updated a flattering article about Ramsey to reflect the new information, but he said it did nothing to change his mind about the man's status as a hero.

Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 9:44am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COXzZqLcEzU

"When they keep saying 'I'm a hero'...let me tell you something. I'm American, and I'm a human being. I'm just like you, I work for a living. There was a woman in distress. So why turn your back on that? My father would have wooped the hell out of me if he had found out I cowered out."

Cry

he also said this during that same interview...

"see, you tough in these bars and you beat a woman but you won't help one out?...and you're a man, huh? no, i'm the definition of a man bro."

honestly, my spidey senses were activated when i heard him say that.  he is clearly talking about himself in the 3rd person...  and now that we know about his former domestic violence cases the statement makes sense....well except for the i'm the definition of a man stuff.

obviously, he has some flaws.  but he doesn't appear to be trying to hide his flaws and seems to tell it all if you really listen to what he is saying...
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 9:48am
What the F*CK does his past transgressions have to do with the fact that he helped saved those girls??? ErmmErmmErmmErmmErmm

They ALWAYS do this with Black people who start to gain a popularity through their good works! They did this with Gabby Douglas, they did this with the radio voice homeless man and now they're doing this sh*t to Ramsey

I am SO TIRED of this f*cking SH*T I SWEAR I can not. F the media
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 9:54am

it has nothing to do with it, imo.  but you know how they do...

cvzx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote cvzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 9:58am
Charles and his neighbors are real people , with real flaws and real regrets. Plainly put he's human just like you and me.
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 10:04am

They're coming up with dirt on Charles...
This really burns me. Why? He could have seen that yt girl, and kept it moving. This is why people usually don't help others. Fukk being a good samaritan.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 10:04am
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

They're coming up with dirt on Charles...
This really burns me. Why? He could have seen that yt girl, and kept it moving. This is why people usually don't help others. Fukk being a good samaritan.

I had a gut feeling that they were gonna do this if they found so much as an unpaid parking ticket. It's the media's M.O.
Omni Harmony View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omni Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 10:11am
what did gabby douglas do?
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 10:26am
Gabby Douglas didn't do SH*T and that's my point

They tried so hard to make her look bad by focusing all the attention on the people who were slamming her hair and her broken relationship with her absent father. Out of pure habit, the media has to focus on negativity when it comes to Black people
BonitaApplebaum View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote BonitaApplebaum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 10:32am
Of course the media was going to look into his past God forbids we praise a Black man for doing something right! damn let the man get his 15min...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 44>
  Share Topic