Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - missing girls found veryclose to home after 10 yrs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

missing girls found veryclose to home after 10 yrs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 44>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 11:11pm
I'm blown away at this story.
The daughter slashed the throat of her own child and then attempted suicide???
Dad and uncles kidnapping and keeping sex slaves.
Spousal and child abuse?? I'm wondering if there was sexual abuse also?

This is so much more than dysfunctional, they're fckd up.

I really hope those 3 girls/ladies can rejoin society with little to no complications. 
Sponsored Links

Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 11:40pm
I'm still can't process the fact that this bastard attended vigils of the missing girls, consoled the mother of one of the victims AND played guitar and the vigils with Dejesus's uncle....

Really???

What...The...Actual...FUUUCC!!! ConfusedAngryCryDead

I hope they tear is ass up in prison......literally & figuratively!

You can't trust NO ONE these days Cry

Edited by Az~Maverick - May 08 2013 at 11:52pm
Omni Harmony View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omni Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 6:18am

'Best of friends': Neighbors describe close bond between victim, Castro's daughter

NBC News

Classmates and best friends, from left, Kayla Rogers, Gina DeJesus and Arlene Castro, who were classmates at Wilbur Wright Middle School in 2004.

By Matthew DeLuca, Staff Writer, NBC News

The three girls were "like Three Musketeers" in sixth grade. Now, the father of one of them, Ariel Castro, has been charged with kidnapping one of the other "musketeers" and holding her captive for a decade with two other women, and raping all three, in a westside Cleveland home. The women were rescued on Monday.

Friends Kayla Rogers, Arlene Castro and Georgina "Gina" DeJesus attended Wilbur Wright Middle School in Cleveland together. In their sixth-grade yearbook they are pictured pages apart, with the smiles of young teenagers.

John Makely / NBC News

Leonard Allmon looks on Wednesday, May 8, 2013, as his daughter Kayla Rogers flips through the pages of her Wilbur Wright Middle School yearbook to show photos of her best friends Arlene Castro and Gina DeJesus.

"They were the best of the best of the best of friends," said Lupe Collins, whose daughter Jackie, 22, was also friends with the girls. She called Arlene "Ariana."

Kayla met Gina in elementary school, and they both met Arlene in middle school. The girls realized they all hung out in the same neighborhood around the DeJesus home on West 71st Street. That home was ringed by squad cars and police tape on Wednesday afternoon as family members and close friends gathered. Dozens of balloons decorated the house's front porch, and a banner on the side of the house proclaimed: "Welcome Home Gina!" as the kidnap victim returned to the world she'd left behind nearly 10 years ago.

Arlene Castro and Gina DeJesus were "pretty close," said Lupe's daughter, the girls' friend Jackie Collins, 22. They spent most of their time together doing "normal middle-school things," she said.

Yet much about why DeJesus, who along with two other women -- Amanda Berry and Michelle Knight -- might have been targeted to be kidnapped and held in a house on Seymour Avenue remained unclear two days after their escape.

John Makely / NBC News

Gina DeJesus in a yearbook photo on which her friend Kayla Rogers wrote "I love you" after Gina went missing.

Arlene Castro was interviewed for an "America's Most Wanted" video in 2005 in which she said she called her mom to say she had been invited to the DeJesus house on the afternoon the girl disappeared. Castro's mother -- separated from Ariel Castro and living her Arlene elsewhere -- said she could not go. The video also mentions the disappearance of Amanda Berry, who vanished only blocks away.

"And so I told her I couldn't, and she said, 'Well, OK, I'll talk to you later,'" Castro says in the video. DeJesus wasn't heard from again for 10 years.

Going to DeJesus' house after school would not have been unusual, their friend and  fellow "musketeer" Kayla Rogers, 22, told NBC News. She had spent plenty of time hanging out in the neighborhood with the two other girls. Rogers' father, Leonard Allmon, remembers the girls as happy-go-lucky teens -- and said that the tragedy struck so close to his daughter still chills him.

"Gina loved to dance. She was over here dancing and listening to music, just having a good time," Allmon, 45, said. "It could have been my daughter. It could have been my daughter because they all used to walk home together."

"We used to hang out on Gina's porch," Rogers said. "We had a couple sleepovers."

The girls did what most kids in the neighborhood did, Rogers said. They hung out around each others' houses and at school. They listened to Spanish music and rap and practiced their dance moves.

The three would "listen to music, talk on the phone, talk about boys," Rogers said. "We were gossips. Gossip girls."

"I remember going to Wilbur Wright and the girls running up the hallways like girls do," said Collins, mother of Gina's friend Jackie. "You know how they hang out, push boys and run."

The DeJesus and Castro families have known each other for years, according to Gina DeJesus' great uncle Noel Ruiz Sr. On Tuesday, he sipped a Corona in a corner store owned by Julio Castro, Ariel Castro's uncle, only about half a block from where the three girls, including DeJesus, were held.

"We used to throw parties here," Ruiz said of Castro's store, where he said he's been coming for decades.

Members of the Castro and DeJesus families also mixed at a 14th birthday party for Gina DeJesus shortly before she disappeared in 2004, Kayla Rogers said. Members of DeJesus' large extended family were there, she said, as well as Arlene Castro.

Rogers said she never saw much of her friend Arlene's father except at his job as a school bus driver.

"He was my bus driver, also," Rogers said. "He'd wink at me and … ugh."

Rogers said she used to call Arlene "Rosie," for her rosy cheeks. They fell out of touch after DeJesus disappeared, she said, and she has not heard from Arlene in nearly 10 years.

She also said she has not seen DeJesus since she was rescued by police Monday night. The image in her mind of the girl is 10 years out of date at this point. "She would always wear her hair curly. She would swoop it over and wear it in a ponytail," Rogers said.

Looking at DeJesus' photo in the yearbook, the young teen beaming and wearing her eyeglasses, Rogers wished away the years.

"I hope she looks exactly the same," Rogers said. "I hope she does."

Guidette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guidette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 6:24am
I want to stay away from this  case bc it just keeps on getting worstCry
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omni Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 6:27am

Chilling details of Ariel Castro's letter revealed; He starved, punched Knight until she miscarried (updated reports)

Castro.jpgAriel Castro, a 52-year-old former school bus driver suspected of keeping three women captive inside his house for a decade, was charged Wednesday with four counts of kidnapping - covering the captives and the daughter born to one of them - and three counts of rape, against all three women. (AP Photo/Cleveland Police Department)
 Police officials have found a letter written by Ariel Castro inside the Cleveland home where three women were held captive for years before escaping Monday, according to FOX 8 of Cleveland.

According to the report, officials also confiscated ropes and chains that were in the house.

Castro has been charged with four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape after Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight were found alive, apparently kidnapped and held for years as prisoners.

According to an initial incident report obtained by CNNKnight said that when Castro found out she was pregnant, "Ariel would make her abort the baby," the document states.

Knight "stated that he starved her for at least 2 weeks, then he repeatedly punched her in the stomach until she miscarried," the initial police report states.

However, Castro felt differently when Berry was pregnant.

Authorities told Cleveland.com that Berry's 6-year-old daughter was born in a small inflatable swimming pool during the women's captivity.

When Berry went into labor, according to interviews with the women, Castro grabbed Knight and told her to deliver the child. The information was corroborated in a police report seen by CNN.

Castro allegedly told Knight that if the baby dies, he would kill her, according to a police report.

Scott Taylor of 19 Actions News of Cleveland tweeted Wednesday night that he has received a copy of the letter, which he said was written in 2004.

"I just got a copy of a letter written by Ariel Castro in 2004," Taylor tweeted "Cops found it in his house. He says 'I am a sexual predator. I need help.'" 

FOX 8 in Cleveland reports sources said when Castro would have guests, he would put the women in the attic, tie them up and tape their mouths, then play loud music.

The women, according to the sources, were also allegedly beaten and forced to have sex. The same sources said Berry delivered her baby inside the house.

“All I can say to Gina, to Amanda, to Michelle is on behalf of the Castro family, we are so sorry for everything you went through,” Maria Castro, a cousin of Ariel, said, according to FOX 8. “We’re sorry for everything you suffered. I am a mom and I can’t even imagine.”

Complete coverage from our affiliate Cleveland.com is here.

1. Castro writes he was surprised how young Gina Dejesus really is cause he thought she was a lot older.

• Castro writes about wanting to kill himself and "give all the money I saved to my victims."

• Castro continues "I don't know why I kept looking for another. I already had 2 in my possession."

• Castro writes "They are here against their will because they made a mistake of getting in a car with a total stranger."

• I just got a copy of a letter written by Ariel Castro in 2004. Cops found it in his house. He says "I am a sexual predator. I need help"

• @CityGalSports He was a day late with his exclusive Ramsey interview yesterday and today a day late with Hispanic Hero.

• @ClevlndsCapo21 that story was all over Twitter last night. I like to do original stories.

VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Omni Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 6:35am
    Guidette, what's worse is our beloved heroCry  Why Charles why!?!?! I was rooting for you, WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU!Cry  I wonder if McDonalds will pull back whatever they were going to "keep in touch" aboutOuch

Amanda Berry’s hero Charles Ramsey jailed for domestic violence, twice

Charles Ramsey, another imperfect hero, to put it lightly. TheSmoking Gun has found that Charles Ramsey, the man who saved kidnap victim Amanda Berry, and two other women – all who were held for ten years, and sexually abused by their captors – has three domestic violence convictions that resulted in two separate prison terms.

Smoking gun has Ramsey’s mugshot as well.

Having said that, one hopes this is a sign that the man has changed and is now doing “good” in the very area he fell short before. As I said, one hopes.

Charles Ramsey famously saved Amanda Berry when heard the woman screaming bloody murder from the house next door, and, with the help of a friend, kicked her door in, permitting Berry to escape.  He then called 911,in a colorful phone call, to alert the police that the other women who were still being held captive needed help as well.

Smoking Gun reports the first domestic violence charge came in 1997. Ramsey was convicted, and while awaiting sentencing was arrested again for domestic violence in 1998. He got six months jail time.

He also seemed to skip court a lot, including violating probation, which repeatedly got him into trouble.

He got arrested for domestic violence again in 2003 – the same year Amanda Berry et. al. were kidnapped. Charles Ramsey was sentenced to eight months of prison for that crime.

charles-ramsey-domestic-violence-police-report

Snippet of Charles Ramsey police report, via the Smoking Gun

The Smoking Gun also found what they say are photos of Ramsey at a younger age posted by his now-ex wife.   She reportedly wanted to show that Ramsey didn’t always look like he does today.

In other Amanda Berry news, her sister spoke today in a short but emotional appearance – but basically asked for privacy for the family.

VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Omni Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 6:37am
    laceyfront View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 7:21am
    Well thank God for the hispanic men who saved them! Charles needs to get his life, at least he didn't take the reward money. But maybe thats because he knew the hispanic men would show themselves for that mula, illegals or not.
    bunzaveli View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 7:21am
    they trying to catch charles riding dirty, white america cant have a perfect black hero.

the daughter that was best friends with one of the victims, and the daughter who slit her childs throat is 2 different peoeple right ? i wonder if the best friend knew about what was going on in that house
    bunzaveli View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 7:28am
    how come nobody from knights family has come forwarded ? i hope she aint all alone in that hospital Disapprove
    Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
    House of CB London
    Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
    The Elite Hair Care Sorority
    Electric Cherry Hair
    Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
    Human Hair Wigs
    Wefting Training
    FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
    Dependable Quality Hair
    Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 44>