Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - missing girls found veryclose to home after 10 yrs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic Closedmissing girls found veryclose to home after 10 yrs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 44>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 10:33am
lmao they did the same thing with the bum they found on the side of the highway with the tv voice. first they love you, then they hate you, then they love you again.
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 10:35am
It was just a matter of time.

White people can't stand that a black man found those girls.

He was right though when he said a white girl running to hug a black man, there's something clearly wring
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:00am
especially with his past, he could have left her

seems to me that he has reflected on his actions enough to have changed

if he had a domestic violence incident yesterday, maybe I'd change my mind but

in the moment, he did right, when many would not or could not ... the girls are grateful, so many other people are grateful, I'm grateful
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:09am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

It was just a matter of time.

White people can't stand that a black man found those girls.

He was right though when he said a white girl running to hug a black man, there's something clearly wring

yep. they dont want us to have anything.
If i were him, i would come out and speak up. Say yes, i effed up in the past and i paid my dues....now wtf does THAT have to do with me saving those white girls?
I hope he says something.

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:10am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

especially with his past, he could have left her

seems to me that he has reflected on his actions enough to have changed

if he had a domestic violence incident yesterday, maybe I'd change my mind but

in the moment, he did right, when many would not or could not ... the girls are grateful, so many other people are grateful, I'm grateful

but change your mind to what? --- im so confused....lets say he beat somebody last week, and he saved those women yesterday....what would that have meant? that his good deed should not be acknowledged? - just wondering

Omni Harmony View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:25am

In hindsight, maybe Charles Ramsey was trying to tell us something when he insisted to Anderson Cooper Tuesday night that he’s not a hero. “No, no, no. Bro, I’m a Christian, an American. I’m just like you,” he told the news anchor.

Maybe he knew the whole hero story line would come with an unhappy ending: Now we’ve learned, via the Smoking Gun, that Ramsey was charged with and served time for multiple domestic violence counts. He was also convicted and imprisoned on drug charges and receiving stolen property.

All of that is awful, particularly for his ex-wife and daughter. But it doesn’t change the fact that Ramsey was a hero when he helped Amanda Berry escape Monday night. It may make him even more admirable, if he had an inkling that his sudden fame might expose his troubled past.

Writing my piece about Cleveland’s lost girls, I watched Ramsey’s interview with Cooper twice just before the news about his past convictions broke. Even without that information, I found the encounter a little strange. For one thing, Ramsey insisted on saying Ariel Castro was “cool,” and not a “freak of nature.” He seemed to be reminding us that even monsters can appear decent, and even decent people can do bad things.

Many observers have already noted that it was remarkable for Ramsey to intervene even though he said he thought it was a domestic violence dispute, when so many people look away and do nothing. Maybe his own experience played a role in his response; maybe there was some hope for redemption. But at any rate, the fact that a convicted abuser intervened to stop abuse is a good thing, not a scandal.

There’s also some evidence that he’s turned his life around. His boss at the restaurant where he’s a dishwasher called him a “hero” and told local reporters: “What you see in the video is what you get with Chuck. He’s calm in the face of crazy and hectic things going on. He always steps up to do anything you ask. He’ll come out with us on catering events. He never says no. He always jumps on it.”

To dismiss the character Ramsey showed in rescuing Berry is to suggest that nobody who’s ever done something bad should try to do something good, because the bad will always matter more. It would be a shame if Ramsey’s exposure, and the cackling about his past from some quarters, served to discourage other ex-convicts from helping others for fear that their pasts will come back to haunt them.

More details may yet emerge to complicate Ramsey’s character. If it turns out he knew anything about the detention of Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight, and didn’t act, that would be shameful. He told Cooper “now I’m losing sleep” over the revelations about the torture chamber next door.

He was also adamant that not only was he not a hero, but that any reward money that exists should go to the victims, not to him.

I tell you what you do, give it to them. Because if folks been following this case since last night, you been following me since last night, you know I got a job anyway. Just went picked it up, paycheck. What that address say?….Where are them girls living? Right next door to this paycheck. So yes, take that reward and give it to [them]….

Charles Ramsey doesn’t want a reward. But he doesn’t deserve shame and scorn either. He did something heroic, and his past can’t change that. It only makes it more remarkable.

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:45am
right now I believe he changed because he was so heroic by choice in a blink of an eye

now if he beat someone last night, he may have had other motives other than remorse or change, but regardless, we are grateful he stepped in, when he did, how he did, as quickly as he did

there are men that haven't hit anyone that would not have done what he did
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

right now I believe he changed because he was so heroic by choice in a blink of an eye

now if he beat someone last night, he may have had other motives other than remorse or change, but regardless, we are grateful he stepped in, when he did, how he did, as quickly as he did

there are men that haven't hit anyone that would not have done what he did

Thank you
lexis83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 12:05pm
Charles Ramsey has not hidden anything about his past from the get go. He made us aware that he'd had a colorful past. Who goes and TV and says, if my boys and I knew about it, Ariel wouldn't even had been arrested, he'd have been covered by a white sheet? He's talking about street justice.

As TC said, he mentioned it in Anderson's interview. It wasn't context clues to me, it was a statement. Which ever reporter is trying to make it seem like he broke a story needs to try again. Nothing that has been said about Charles so far hasn't been said by the man already.

Again I say, acknowledge the good deed the man did and stop trying to find reasons why to prevent him from getting the necessary kudos. Just cuz someone has done something bad in their life doesn't make them incapable of doing good.
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 12:11pm
clear folk bring up a black mans history but like to dismiss slavery like it never happened! 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 44>
  Share Topic