Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Missing child with Autism Avonte Oquendo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JaiNTX80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JaiNTX80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing child with Autism Avonte Oquendo
    Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 3:09pm
This is not the kind of thing I do, but as a mom of 5, 2 who have autism, I felt compelled to do what I can to help this child. If you have not heard, Avonte Oquendo is a 14 year old autistic boy who wandered out of his school on Oct. 4th, when he was not being properly supervised. According to school surveillance video, he walked out of his school in Long Island City, NY and went North on Center blvd. According to his family his mental level is at 7 years old and he is completely non verbal. He is not able to ask for help if he is scared, hungry, etc.

I'm posting this in case some of you in that area would like to volunteer: search, pass out flyers, etc. Or just so you know to be on the look out.

I wish I could post a link but am using an android tablet not a computer. But please do a search for "missing autistic boy Avonte" and info will pop up. There are also facebook pages in support of this search. It has been 12 days but It may not be too late autistic kids have been located several weeks later. Those who are not locals can help by spreading the word and using social media to get this story more attention. If you have kids what would you want others to do if this was your child?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

hername View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 9:47pm

Here you go..I have been following this case. I am praying this boy is found soon. It is such a sad case. If anyone knows anything they can also contact his brother @kingdetrick on twitter and instagram or just check for info on how to participate in the search
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 12:53am
The parents need to sue the school! This kid could be in any sort of danger!
I hope they find him soon, safe and happyCry
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 7:52pm
He hasn't been found yet and police wants to decrease the number of men searching for him.....Cry
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 10:17am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

He hasn't been found yet and police wants to decrease the number of men searching for him.....Cry

I don't like how police commissioner Ray Kelly told the press that this child is feared dead. No parent wants to hear that their missing child is probably dead.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 9:47am

Avonte Oquendo resembles subway train rider in photo, says father

A picture of boy bearing a striking resemblance to the missing autistic teenager has emerged. When the teen who took the photo inquired about his identity, the boy did not answer.

Comments (25)

By Kerry Burke , Mark Morales , Lisa L. Colangelo AND Corinne Lestch / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Thursday, October 31, 2013, 1:13 AM

Police investigating the autistic boy, Avonte Oquendo, are remaining hopeful with baited breathe that a picture taken on a NYC subway line will lead to his immediate return to his family and loved ones. A teenager snapped the attached picture which strikingly resembles Avonte with hair growth on what is believed to be the E or F train Tuesday, October 29, 2013.

A teenager snapped this picture of a boy resembling missing Avonte Oquendo on an E or F subway train Tuesday afternoon.

A photo emerged Wednesday of a boy who so closely resembles Avonte Oquendo that even the teen’s father couldn’t be sure if it’s his missing son.

A 13-year-old straphanger thought a boy riding an E or F line train Tuesday afternoon just might be the 14-year-old autistic boy who is nonverbal and has been missing nearly a month.

The youngster approached the look-a-like, asking, “Hey, are you Avonte?” according to Tony Herbert, president of the Brooklyn East chapter of the National Action Network.

The boy didn’t answer, Herbert said, and the inquiring youth — whose identity was unknown — snapped a picture before he got off the train.

He later posted the photo of a boy staring straight ahead and wearing a beige jacket and green khaki pants on his Facebook page, sources said. An administrator from the good Samaritan’s school saw the image and alerted police, who are investigating.

Since Avonte vanished Oct. 4 after leaving his Long Island City school, authorities have been frantically scouring the city’s subway tunnels in hopes of finding him. Cops have received and investigated sporadic reports of possible sightings, as recently as Wednesday, all to no avail.

RELATED: AVONTE OQUENDO'S MOM RAILS AT RAY KELLY

Around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, residents near the Woodhaven-Ozone Park border in Queens said NYPD cops from the 102 Precinct swarmed the area, and helicopters hovered above a Burger King on Atlantic Ave.

“We saw cops coming up by twos, going into every house on 92nd St. looking for security cameras,” said one resident, who declined to give her name.

The person who sparked that massive search was not Avonte.

Tuesday’s subway photo emerged days after Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said he’s “not hopeful” that the autistic boy is still alive. He later apologized to Avonte’s enraged kin.

Family members were hesitant to affirm that the recently released image was, or wasn’t, Avonte, who has a fascination with trains.

After he was shown the photo, Avonte’s father, Daniel Oquendo, said he was “still hopeful.”

Yes, it’s a close likeness,” he told the Daily News on Wednesday night. “We need to get a better look to really tell. If we could find the individual who took the picture, that would help big time.”

He believes one of the possible sightings eventually will bear fruit.

“We just need to stay focused and analyze every sighting,” he said. “The more sightings, the better. Eventually one will pan out.

“We’re still hopeful,” he said.

A reward for finding Avonte is now up to $85,000, CBS reported.

Meanwhile, another autistic boy, Robert Richard, 14, went missing from Yonkers and may have wandered somewhere in the Bronx, authorities said Wednesday night. Anyone with information on either boy is asked to call 911.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/avonte-oquendo-resembles-subway-rider-photo-father-article-1.1502230#ixzz2jJKwmVMv
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 2:06pm
I hope that's him, and he's returned to his family safely and soon!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 8:38pm
I would have followed him..I would have called 911..I would have insisted in asking if he was Avonte...
I so wish he is well and his family can have him back.
That school needs to be sued!!!
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 12:47pm

Photo resembling Avonte Oquendo is not the missing teen, cops say

A picture of boy bearing a striking resemblance to the missing autistic teenager emerged Wednesday but police said Thursday morning that the person pictured riding the subway is not Avonte.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 2:58pm
They increased the reward to 90k....I hope that if someone has found him and (sadly) kept him, to consider that amount of money and give him back. I am afraid he was sold to pedophiles in the sex trade or to some kind of slavery Cry
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>