Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Missing child Avonte Oquendo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThABxBoRoUgH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThABxBoRoUgH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 9:05pm
Apparently he wasn't afraid of water. His mother initially reported that he was afraid of water but his school stated that he had just recently went on a school boat trip and Avonte was incredibly fascinated by the water =(
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 10:22pm
How did he even get out of class????
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 3:16am
Originally posted by Im_oh_so_hott Im_oh_so_hott wrote:

Originally posted by LovesHim LovesHim wrote:

Horrible ending... I'm glad the family has "some" closure.....

New questions arise..... He was afraid of water... He would not have jumped in a river right??? Do these body parts suggest foul play??? The list of questions goes on.... sighhhh 

When they found the remains news reports said there is a dip in the ground area, so he may have fallen and that the parts look like they were separated due to decomposition not a violent act ... lets see if that changes.

I don't believe that one bit. Someone murdered that child and enjoyed cutting each part of his body... probably while he was alive too.Cry
They are suing the school and I am sure they will win. They should. The school should have been watching him and the other kids.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 9:47am
i dont believe that either... not one big. 

an autistic boy just wanders to a river in the daytime and no one sees/notices him? after drowning his body was never seen until like 3 months later..? 
ok... Ermm they better not leave it at that. they better access every camera they can and talk to any/all ppl they can. 
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 9:56am
i remember reading this soon after he went missing:

Quote A study published last year in the journal Pediatrics shows that nearly half of all children with autism are prone to wandering — also called eloping or bolting — away from caretakers and towards objects of fascination, which for many children is water. The results are often tragic: Between 2009 and 2011, accidental drowning accounted for 91 percent of all wandering-related deaths among autistic children in America under the age of 14

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 10:03am
thats true but unless this river is super close to school.. someone had to see him wandering/bolting.. thats not a normal site. 

they could probably tell that he was a little off.. and would have tried to help him 
and his remains would have been seen long before now 

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 10:10am
oh CoCo i was responding to ThABx but forgot to quote because i looking for the article.  i didnt ever read your post til now
GCurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GCurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 3:07pm
I am with you about the remains not showing up for months?!!? 
They were searching the subways for him because the family said he had a fascination with trains but this river is supposedly close to the school.... Three months and then a body washes up?
Its bizarre to me....
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 6:50pm
This news is so devastating as my husband was very involved with the search for Avonte. This is so sad and my prayers go out to his family. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain his mother is feeling right now.
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by GCurly GCurly wrote:

I am with you about the remains not showing up for months?!!? 
They were searching the subways for him because the family said he had a fascination with trains but this river is supposedly close to the school.... Three months and then a body washes up?
Its bizarre to me....
my husband was with a search party looking near the river and the docks and they found no sign of him. There were also blood hounds that tracked him going in another direction towards the train yard. If he did run in to the water it must have happened very soon after he left the school. It is all very confusing.

Edited by stardaqueenb23 - Jan 22 2014 at 6:58pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>