BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Miss USA's 1st transgender contestant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miss USA's 1st transgender contestant
    Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:33pm

'It was my dream since I was 11': Miss USA's first transgender contestant on her recent surgery and braving the swimsuit round

By OLIVIA FLEMING

PUBLISHED: 15:40 EST, 11 January 2013 UPDATED: 15:47 EST, 11 January 2013

• Comments (49)
    • < border="0" ="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" ="0" ="0" width="100%" id="I0_1357961304961" name="I0_1357961304961" ="https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fast?bsv&size=medium&hl=en-GB&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ffemail%2Farticle-2260981%2FIt-dream-I-11-Miss-USAs-transgender-contestant-recent-surgery-braving-swimsuit-round.&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en_US.0NTQiYZfHKc.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DiQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTPhdtg_BH01tf9y0RLs3QjbhWxJBw#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_%2C_%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled&id=I0_1357961304961&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk" allowtransparency="true" -gapiattached="true" title="+1" style=": static; top: 0px; width: 90px; margin: 0px; border-style: none; left: 0px; visibility: ; height: 20px;">
    • < allowtransparency="true" border="0" scrolling="no" ="http://plat.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_.1357735024.#_=1357961307686&count=horizontal&count=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ffemail%2Farticle-2260981%2FIt-dream-I-11-Miss-USAs-transgender-contestant-recent-surgery-braving-swimsuit-round.&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ffemail%2Farticle-2260981%2FIt-dream-I-11-Miss-USAs-transgender-contestant-recent-surgery-braving-swimsuit-round.&size=m&text='It%20was%20my%20dream%20since%20I%20was%2011'%3A%20Miss%20USA's%20first%20transgender%20contestant%20on%20her%20recent%20surgery%20and%20...&=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FURMGdY&via=MailOnline" ="twitter-share- twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter Tweet " -twttr-rendered="true" style="width: 110px; height: 20px;">

Kylan Wenzel, the first transgender woman to compete for the Miss USA crown, has revealed she has been waiting for this opportunity since she was 11 years old.

The 26-year-old is among 229 contestants participating in the preliminary Miss California round this weekend, and the first ever transgender contestant after Miss Universe changed its rules in April last year.

She told host Anderson Cooper on Anderson Live this morning: 'This has been a dream since I was 11. So I kind of just put it out to the universe and hoping it would happen. And then it happened.'

Excited and eager: Kylan Wenzel, the first transgender woman to compete for the Miss USA crown, has revealed she has been waiting for this opportunity since she was 11 years old
Following international fallout in April 2012 when pageant officials disqualified Miss Canada Jenna Talackova after learning she was a transgender woman, Donald Trump and his Miss Universe Organization reversed the decision, allowing transgender women to compete for any of their pageant titles.

As soon as she learned of the rule change, Miss Wenzel left her job as a shift manager at Jamba Juice to pursue her life-long dream of entering the Miss California beauty pageant. 

As a boy: Miss Welzel underwent sexual reassignment surgery on August 23rd, just in time for the pageant

As a boy: Miss Welzel, who says she has always felt like a girl underwent sexual reassignment surgery in August, in time for the pageant

'I moved my surgery up six months, I resigned from my job. Ever since then I've been just working on hoping to become Miss California,' she told Mr Cooper.

She admitted that she has 'always felt like a girl,' but that 'it took a little longer for me to process it.'

Miss Welzel's recovery time from her sexual reassignment surgery on August 23rd only recently ended, just in time for the pageant.

'I still do get a little aches but other than that I am doing really well,' she said.

As for whether she is nervous about Saturday's competition, she said: 'I am just excited. I am not nervous what so ever. I have been waiting for this day for a very long time so I can not just wait to see what happens in the finals.'

There will definitely be no holding back in her outfits, either.

'I think my strongest is actually going to be swim suit because I have been running and working out a lot,' she admitted.

'I am not nervous at all I am just hoping to experience the swim suit, the evening gown and the final question that way I have the whole experience.'

Miss Talackova, 23, who had the sexual reassignment surgery at the age of 19, sparked a heated gender debate in March after she was thrown out of the Miss Canada competition.

LGBT activists claimed the organisation was being discriminatory, and more than 20,000 people signed a virtual petition on Change.org demanding that she be re-instated.

Transgender beauty queen: Miss Wenzel told host Anderson Cooper this morning: This has been a dream since I was 11. So I kind of just put it out to the universe and hoping it would happen. And then it happened

Modern move: The 26-year-old is among 229 contestants participating in the preliminary Miss California round this weekend, and the first ever transgender contestant after Miss Universe changed its rules in April last year

Her case was taken on by celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred who is famous for representing clients including a string of Tiger Woods' ex-lovers and Nicole Brown Simpson's family during the O.J. Simpson trial.

Mr Trump subsequently overruled that decision, saying pageant rules had 'been modernized to ensure this type of issue does not occur again.'

Read more:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2260981/It-dream-I-11-Miss-USAs-transgender-contestant-recent-surgery-braving-swimsuit-round.html#ixzz2HjEkAOlK 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited by bindy - Jan 11 2013 at 9:34pm
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:38pm
pretty brave.  donald trump isn't gay friendly enough for any real success in this though.  
Jr1127 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Jr1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:40pm
Why can't they have a Miss USA for transgender??
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:40pm
so you take the time to get fake breasts, grow your hair out, take hormones, but you do not get braces? what an unfortunate oversight.
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:40pm
fix the teeth and then she will be good to go.
Jr1127 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jr1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:41pm
^^^ I guess she have to keep something real.
Marmonette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmonette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:43pm
I only looked at the first pic and couldnt understand why yall were saying something was wrong with her teeth.

Then I scrolled down and looked at her other pic...
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:47pm

Im sure this is not the best of the best. Can't possibly be the cream of the transgender crop, I've seen better.

miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:49pm
is thst a lace front she got on Geek
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:53pm
Good for her. She won't win though.

I wonder if this could happen in a fitness competition though? If a biologically male person (who lived as female in all other aspects of his life) wanted to compete in a women's fitness competition, and he hadn't gotten an operation nor taken hormones, would it be fair for him to compete as a woman?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic