FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Minneapolis/St Paul recommendations?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minneapolis/St Paul recommendations?!?
    Posted: Oct 20 2016 at 3:37pm
Minneapolis/St Paul recommendations for great food, must see stuff and things to do?
I will be going there for 1 full day really soon (paisley.park), so I already know the Prince related sites and the Mall of America so I AM LOOKING FOR GENERAL MUST SEE STUFF, FOOD, NIGHTLIFE, ETC IN MINNEAPOLIS & ST PAUL.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2016 at 7:26am
I'm so happy for u! Have fun
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2016 at 8:57am
Thank you CB!!!
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2016 at 1:58pm
I know this is late, but did you go see First Avenue? Is that club still there because that is one of the places I plan to go on my trip there.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2016 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

I know this is late, but did you go see First Avenue? Is that club still there because that is one of the places I plan to go on my trip there.

That's one of the places on my list when I go to Minneapolis next year....plus the Hard Rock Cafe in the Mall of America, I believe that's where the have some of his memorabilia as well.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2016 at 11:42pm

Yes. I went to all of the Prince related stuff. First Ave is great. I took pix in front of it.

FYI - If you do go on a trip there, please do not assume that you can Uber your way around. When my friend went 2 wks ago, she mentioned overhearing people with $80-100 uber charges for very short trips and when I was at Paisley Park, I heard these two ladies looking at their uber app and saying that it would cost $80 to get back to their at the parking lot near the Chanhassen Cinema which was less than 10 minutes awayShocked (They ended up waiting and taking the last shuttle back to their car, not Uber).

I rented a car (a Charger) through Costco Travel (I have a Costco membership) and the car was from Alamo at the airport, was $45 for 1 day and that included all taxes and fees, unlimited mileage and could have covered one additional driver. My return flight got cancelled, so I had to rent a car for another day (less than 24 hours) and I got a Jeep Cherokee for $34, so you see that there is no way that paying uber will be economical.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2016 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

That's one of the places on my list when I go to Minneapolis next year....plus the Hard Rock Cafe in the Mall of America, I believe that's where the have some of his memorabilia as well.

Yes, his Sign O' The Times clothing and more is at the Hard Rock Cafe. Since I was short on time, I just hit the other things on my itinerary including the big Prince exhibit at the Mall of America that is only there til mid November.
If I wasnt stuck at the airport all Sunday til 6PM, I would have made time to see the stuff at the Hard Rock, but I just rushed out the airport, got another rental car, checked into the hotel that the airline paid for, then rushed to the Sheila E concert where proceeds went towards the local MN charities that Prince used to donate to.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2016 at 12:07am
That's so cool!! Was that the Purple Philanthropy concert?

Sheila E., George Lopez, Judith Hill, and other celebs have a "Glamorous Life" cruise for Feb.'17 to the Bahamas. There will be tributes to both Prince & MJ.... I'm already booked for that one.

Edited by Az~Maverick - Oct 27 2016 at 12:16am
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2016 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

That's so cool!!

Sheila E., George Lopez, Judith Hill, and other celebs have a "Glamorous Life" cruise for Feb.'17 to the Bahamas. There will be tributes to both Prince & MJ.... I'm already booked for that one.

Nice!!! Enjoy!!!Clap I remember hearing about that. Im sure that you will have a GREAT time!

I mentioned in the random chat thread, but not in the Prince thread that when I went to the Sheila  E Tribute for Prince, I was surprised to find out that my seats were in Prince's family's section (a box section over the stage). I was right behind Tyka (his sister) and her husband, Prince's nephew and Prince's brother and his guest.
Tyka and the nephew reached out to me and hugged me. They were very kind and sweet.

Im going to post a link to 2 clips of Sheila E's performance, but will be taking the link down rapidamente since BHM has that really quick no-edit policy now.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2016 at 12:18am
***Here are 2 of my video clips from the Purple Philanthrophy concert***

Sheila E and Prince had a god son together (his parents worked for Prince during the Purple Rain tour) and he is now Sheila's guitarist:

https://instagram.com/p/BMB9MXHguWnq9jp5-qusHZy7_WOPi9dmm2N8_00/

The Glamorous Life:

https://instagram.com/p/BMA57s1AX7XyJ-jGgtHKWeYkTiC1PW1UBN4zW40/

Edited by NJHairLuv - Oct 27 2016 at 12:46am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic