Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ministers baby dies in hot car @ church
    Posted: Jun 06 2011 at 2:22pm
Sorry but I just don't buy it. If he, his wife, and his other child arrived together why did they leave the baby in the carseat? Who does that?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three-month-old Norman Collins III died after being left in a hot car outside of a church for hours last weekend. The infant was the son of music minister Norman Collins, Jr. of Real Faith Christian Church in Clarksdale, Mississippi, who says the death was the result of a "miscommunication".

Collins, Jr. arrived at the church with his wife and son and asked a church member to retrieve the baby from the car. The church member says he didn't hear him and the baby was left in the car.

By the time Collins realized the baby was still in the car it was too late. He rushed the unconscious infant to the hospital where he was later pronounced dead. Local police charged Collins with negligent manslaughter and is now out on a $30,000 bond.

The Coahoma County District Attorney is investigating the case.

http://www.thegrio.com/top-stories/baby-dies-in-hot-car-in-church-parking-lot.php

Sponsored Links

babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2011 at 2:25pm
Sad.  This happens every summer.  I remember a couple of years ago, a local doctor somehow left his child in the car.  The thing that got me is that doctor actually went to lunch in that same car and never noticed his child in the backseat.  The child wasn't discovered until later on when his clinic closed.Shocked
slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2011 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by babelipsss babelipsss wrote:

Sad.  This happens every summer.  I remember a couple of years ago, a local doctor somehow left his child in the car.  The thing that got me is that doctor actually went to lunch in that same car and never noticed his child in the backseat.  The child wasn't discovered until later on when his clinic closed.Shocked

It does. It's sad that it still happens so frequently. 
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2011 at 2:29pm
May the Baby RIP.Cry

IDK why parents leave their children in the Hot car. Someone dies of that all the time. you'd think after the first few times people would catch a hint. 
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2011 at 2:29pm
Sad. Wasn't there a story last year of a black minister who did the same thing? The baby was in the car dying while he was inside preaching the word.

RIP baby.
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2011 at 2:30pm
Nothing will ever be that important, not even church.
OnYourMind View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2011 at 2:31pm
I almost forgot my baby in the car when she was 6 weeks, but it wasn't hot outside...we had went to the store and came back...while I was walking away from the truck, I had one of those "I feel like I'm forgetting something" moments. I stood there for a few seconds, and still couldn't figure it out. So as I was unlocking the door to go inside, I was like "OH sh*t!"

I felt awful for a long damn time
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2011 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

Sad. Wasn't there a story last year of a black minister who did the same thing? The baby was in the car dying while he was inside preaching the word.

RIP baby.

i truly hope this is an old story bc otherwise it is too sad to hear this happening so many timesCry
divalicious123 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2011 at 2:35pm
I don't understand why he would ask someone else to take his child to the child care area when he should have done that himself. The reason he asked the church member to to take the child in the first place is because they were late getting to church and didn't have time to take their baby to the child care area. If it was me I would have been taken my own child and just be a little later getting to the service. That wasn't smart at all.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2011 at 2:37pm
I can understand if ONE parents is the car....but like OP said...how to miss to take the baby out when the car is full of folk?  Dad, Mom, AND kids..and nobody thought to get the baby.

I thought mother's with more than 1 child always did a "count"...to make sure they had everyone?
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic