Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Minimizing Your Risk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 9:23am
This needs to be sticky
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 10:39am
Princess is filled with the hair spirits this morning cos this is needed. I'm just shaking my head about all the scams people have been scammed with
Like really you fell for that dry ended deep curly that looks like loose wave??? Post on sis!!

Edited by sugabanana - Jul 31 2014 at 1:53pm
nappyface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nappyface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 11:11am
Brilliant thread, thanks :-)
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 11:18am
Very wise, practical advice! Star StarClapStar Star
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 1:48pm
Great information Princess Grace
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by mzsophisticated mzsophisticated wrote:

This needs to be sticky

Yes it does.
ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

1. Get a weave buddy, someone who you know actually buys hair. You guys pick three companies and each buy hair, and report back to each other. 

2. Quit running and swiping your debit card cause your favorite YT guru said the hair is heaven sent, it was for her since it was sent for free.Confused Do your homework

3. Do not start off buying 11 bundles of 32" weave from a company you never used before, longer lengths require more bundles which = more money that MIGHT be a waste

4. Just because someone is a Senior member does not = friendship or trust. Everyone aint here for a sisterhood and nothing good. Trust is earned and should not be given just because someone has 16,000 post and a member since 2008 Ouch 

5. Instagram should be used as a platform and not their SOLE company, if they do not have the capital to invest in a website besides weebly or any other FREE site then this is a half assed not very well planned out company . So if they don't care about their company why should you. A tax refund is not enough capital sorry.

6. If you feel you MUST try this new unknown hair site order 2 packs of 10" and get a bob, better to be out of $100 than $350. Look at their wefting, see how fast they actually ship. A tracking number dont mean diddly.

7. If On Aliexpress re view the reviewers, you can click on the name and see all the reviews they have posted. If everything is always 5* then you cant trust them. They will most likely wear anything.

8. Quit trying to find Bliss quality hair in 3 bundle and a closure deals, it will never ever happen.

9. Stop being so eager to try the newest exotical craze, you will not be getting Russian anything on a chinese website so just STAWWWWP.

10. If you have an American Express card use that for all hair purchases, they have buyer protection that is why most shady hair sites do not accept them. AE does not pay them in batches like Visa & MC they get their money in 30 days. If you can't get one, then get the AE Serve card from CVS, its prepaid but they offer the same protection.

11. If at all possible do NOT use Greendot/Rush cards to make these purchases, you have a better chance of getting your money back with a debit card that is attached to an actual bank.

12. If you see me posting Confused, or Ouch or any other shady GIF its for a reason. I love hair so if I'm giving side eyes something aint right and I can usually spot it a mile away. They said I was a hater about that BD hair and you guys see how that turned out.

13. If you have been scammed dont just say oh well, the weave game has changed. 
Post on the BBB site, Ripoff report, Make a YT video, post on FB, Call Paypal, your bank, make a thread here . I looked on Makeup Dolls Belladonna review and NOT one person had mentioned the fiasco on there and she was doing a review. Confused How can you be so okay with someone taking your money?

If I think of any more ideas I will post them or if anyone else has any please post them, this mess is out of hand. I know it seems tedious but I use most of the steps listed above and I dont have these issues when buying hair.

I actually did post on the Make up Doll review video. Link is http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNm0AQ_DLu8. Scroll down a few comments and you'll see my comment. My user name is Vani Jay.

Edited by ExotiqBeautii - Jul 31 2014 at 2:37pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 2:38pm
Welp, the link is not working for some reason so just type in Makeup Doll Bella Donna Hair review in google. Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by mzsophisticated mzsophisticated wrote:

I luv PG, you always keep it 100! and i agree with you, i have always brought hair or any online purchase with my Amex card and if I use paypal my Amex card is the funding source. They will refund your money for anything quickly

Question for you: Do they make you send the hair back on Ali? Because a lot of times, the buyer will accept returns, but make you pay for shipping, which usually ends up costing as much as the hair you bought. If they do make you send it back, do you get refunding for shipping as well?
Motheone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Motheone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 3:57pm
I will attest that since joing BHM I have learned so much BUT this post - the term "gives me life" is so applicable here. I love to see posts like this esp from women  - sad, but it's so refreshing. When someone goes out of their way to help another individual I get so moved, regardless if it's about weave or not. This is some sound and very informative advice.

Thank you! Hug
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic