Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Minimizing Your Risk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (17) Thanks(17)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minimizing Your Risk
    Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 10:18pm
1. Get a weave buddy, someone who you know actually buys hair. You guys pick three companies and each buy hair, and report back to each other. 

2. Quit running and swiping your debit card cause your favorite YT guru said the hair is heaven sent, it was for her since it was sent for free.Confused Do your homework

3. Do not start off buying 11 bundles of 32" weave from a company you never used before, longer lengths require more bundles which = more money that MIGHT be a waste

4. Just because someone is a Senior member does not = friendship or trust. Everyone aint here for a sisterhood and nothing good. Trust is earned and should not be given just because someone has 16,000 post and a member since 2008 Ouch 

5. Instagram should be used as a platform and not their SOLE company, if they do not have the capital to invest in a website besides weebly or any other FREE site then this is a half assed not very well planned out company . So if they don't care about their company why should you. A tax refund is not enough capital sorry.

6. If you feel you MUST try this new unknown hair site order 2 packs of 10" and get a bob, better to be out of $100 than $350. Look at their wefting, see how fast they actually ship. A tracking number dont mean diddly.

7. If On Aliexpress re view the reviewers, you can click on the name and see all the reviews they have posted. If everything is always 5* then you cant trust them. They will most likely wear anything.

8. Quit trying to find Bliss quality hair in 3 bundle and a closure deals, it will never ever happen.

9. Stop being so eager to try the newest exotical craze, you will not be getting Russian anything on a chinese website so just STAWWWWP.

10. If you have an American Express card use that for all hair purchases, they have buyer protection that is why most shady hair sites do not accept them. AE does not pay them in batches like Visa & MC they get their money in 30 days. If you can't get one, then get the AE Serve card from CVS, its prepaid but they offer the same protection.

11. If at all possible do NOT use Greendot/Rush cards to make these purchases, you have a better chance of getting your money back with a debit card that is attached to an actual bank.

12. If you see me posting Confused, or Ouch or any other shady GIF its for a reason. I love hair so if I'm giving side eyes something aint right and I can usually spot it a mile away. They said I was a hater about that BD hair and you guys see how that turned out.

13. If you have been scammed dont just say oh well, the weave game has changed. 
Post on the BBB site, Ripoff report, Make a YT video, post on FB, Call Paypal, your bank, make a thread here . I looked on Makeup Dolls Belladonna review and NOT one person had mentioned the fiasco on there and she was doing a review. Confused How can you be so okay with someone taking your money?

If I think of any more ideas I will post them or if anyone else has any please post them, this mess is out of hand. I know it seems tedious but I use most of the steps listed above and I dont have these issues when buying hair.
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 10:20pm
Admin should pay you for all of the great info !!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 10:29pm
India I am very very very serious about my $$$Embarrassed

I will buy a LV bag, but I also will take 12 sales papers to Walmart and price match  and use my coupons and could careless about the sighs and eyerolls from the people behind me in line.  I do not play that bad customer service mess.

I am the woman that will email corporate, with your first and last name.

Last time someone tried it with me I got free Panera bread for 6 months, they need US we dont need them and companies need to realize that and sometimes they need a reminder.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

India I am very very very serious about my $$$Embarrassed

I will buy a LV bag, but I also will take 12 sales papers to Walmart and price match  and use my coupons and could careless about the sighs and eyerolls from the people behind me in line.  I do not play that bad customer service mess.

I am the woman that will email corporate, with your first and last name.

Last time someone tried it with me I got free Panera bread for 6 months, they need US we dont need them and companies need to realize that and sometimes they need a reminder.
Right . I called Neiman corp office last week . I refuse to spend my money if the customer service stinks . I cancel my CC . Now they want to give me all kinds of crap . I hope ladies read the info . I never notice so many scams and loss on BHM .
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 10:42pm
That NM in Troy will treat you like a straight shoplifter....Confused
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 10:42pm
Preach it, Princess Grace!  Clap

Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 7:13am
Graceeeeeeeeeeeeee...you need to put this in the Newbie Section. Everyone who is weave buyer needs to read this.

Edited by Brjasuga51 - Jul 31 2014 at 7:17am
Keezyanduknoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keezyanduknoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 7:27am
very good post w/ helpful info, thx for sharing....
CallMeLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 8:04am
Very good info! Thanks for the post and all the tips! LampGeek
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 9:22am
I luv PG, you always keep it 100! and i agree with you, i have always brought hair or any online purchase with my Amex card and if I use paypal my Amex card is the funding source. They will refund your money for anything quickly
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic