Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Millionaire Matchmaker/Nenes Friend/Shade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Millionaire Matchmaker/Nenes Friend/Shade
    Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 6:59pm
Did you see Nene's bridesmaid/friend on Millionaire Matchmaker last night?
When I saw the part where they gave her bio and said that she was a 'full time stay at home mom', didnt mention anything about an ex-husband and showed her lavish home, I knew there was some shade to bring to light. I just stumbled upon it while reading an article about someone else from RHOA.

She has twins with an old guy that was worth 60mil and the judge was trying to reduce her 28k/month child support according to this 2007 articleShocked

The article is posted after the blog post:
http://hisstory1.blogspot.com/2007/01/diana-gowins-you-are-about-dumb-ho.html

Child support limits face test: Mom asks court for $28K a month
By Beth Warren The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Published on: 01/21/07

At last count, Florida attorney Willie Gary raked in roughly $1 million a month. Featured on the TV show "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous," the 59-year-old lives in a sprawling, $6 million waterfront home in Stuart, Fla. His law firm, which recently employed former Atlanta Mayor Bill Campbell, has three posh offices and owns two jets, including a 32-passenger Boeing 737 outfitted with an 18-karat gold sink and a $1.2 million sound system. But just how much money is too much money to pay in child support?

Atlanta resident Diana Gowins —- the mother of twins fathered by Gary —- could find out soon.
The 36-year-old is seeking to have reinstated a $28,000 a month judgment that was slashed last year to $5,000 by a judge who cited concerns about Gowins' spending habits and lack of a job.

The case, which is headed to the Georgia Court of Appeals for review, could set a precedent in how to deal with child support battles among the small number of Georgians who are so rich that current laws offer no directives. "At this level of income, the guidelines stop providing a lot of guidance. There's not that many people of this wealth," said Marietta family law attorney Stephen Steele, who helped craft state child support guidelines that took effect this month.

Gary, who is married to his childhood sweetheart, and Gowins met in January 2000 at a Florida event honoring the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Gary was the keynote speaker and Gowins, who excelled at track, was seeking sponsorship as an Olympic hopeful. The two agreed to meet for business, but ended up having sex. Gowins, who became pregnant and gave birth to twins who are now 6, says she and Gary have dated on and off for four years. Gary's attorneys say the pair had two rendezvous at a hotel. Gowins has sole custody of the twins.

Gary's attorneys said he was willing to pay $14,000 a month until he found out Gowins had stopped putting money into a college fund for the twins and was instead spending much of the cash on herself. Gowins, who lives in a $600,000 home in south Atlanta, splurged on designer clothes, cruises without the kids and a tummy tuck, Gary's attorneys contend. She also spent thousands of his money on a Steinway piano, as well as private school tuition and diamonds for her oldest child, a teenage daughter from a previous relationship, they said.

Gary's attorneys filed court documents asking the judge to reduce the child support payments.
A judge heard evidence from both sides, then cut the payments to $5,000, not including expenditures for health insurance and school tuition. In taking the action, the judge cited Gowins' spending and her lack of employment. A former nurse, Gowins said the accusations that she's spending fistfuls of money aren't true. She also said she doesn't work because she wants to be a stay-at-home mom who is active in her children's academic and social lives. "I think it's very important my children have me at their side," she said.

As for the judge's ruling, "It's very insulting to me," said Gowins. "I'm not the first and won't be the last to be a stay-at-home mom. I do have a job. I take care of the children, cook and clean."
The state Court of Appeals agreed to review the case and decide whether the judge should have revisited the amount after initially ordering Gary to pay $28,000. The state's current child support law charts out specific amounts Georgians must pay for their offspring, but it tops out at an income of $30,000 a month.

"There's not law that says what's right when you make $1 million a month," said veteran family law attorney Randy Kessler, who represents Gowins. Gary, who teamed with famed boxer Evander Holyfield and others to buy a cable TV network, was one of 11 children. His Web site tells of a rags-to-riches story of first toiling as a migrant worker before heading to law school and ultimately earning national recognition. He boasts of trying cases in 45 states and winning more than 150 cases worth $1 million or more, including a $240 million verdict in 2000 after teaming with the late Johnnie Cochran to sue entertainment giant Disney. His net worth is estimated at $60 million.

Gowins says Gary has called the twins only twice since 2004. His attorneys say he's stayed away to avoid interacting with Gowins. "Her lies and thievery make it difficult for him to trust her," said Tamar Oberman Faulhaber, one of Gary's attorneys.

Gowins dismissed that. "It's very hurtful," she said. "I feel like: 'Why introduce yourself to my children and not carry out your parental role?' "

Edited by NJHairLuv - Apr 21 2014 at 7:22pm
Sponsored Links

onesoulsistah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote onesoulsistah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:02pm
on the show last nite, she stated her twins are now 13. time for her to get a job, her gold digging days will be coming to an end in 6yrs
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by onesoulsistah onesoulsistah wrote:

on the show last nite, she stated her twins are now 13. time for her to get a job, her gold digging days will be coming to an end in 6yrs

yesss, that is why she was on the show trying to get matched up with a 'rich' manLOL
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:36pm
She needs to get a job ... But is 30k seriously hurting him that much?
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:40pm
$28k a month as a stay at home mom.
I am not mad. Must be nice.

Raise those kiddos for another 5 years.

thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:41pm
Isnt she the one all up in Nene business seems like she has enough going on in her own life.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by iBetYouhNvNika iBetYouhNvNika wrote:

She needs to get a job ... But is 30k seriously hurting him that much?

No way. That man is swimming in money. I remember when he was on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. I hope that Diana has been making smart decisions with the money and that her kids will always have what they are entitled to and that she did not burn through their money.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Apr 21 2014 at 7:46pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

Isnt she the one all up in Nene business seems like she has enough going on in her own life.

Yes. I guess that she is trying to ease her way into having a public persona though she really needs to stay below the radar.

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:48pm
I  was surprised to read that she was a former olympic track hopeful. her belly was swanging when she went salsa dancing on the show and the article said that she has had a tummy tuck b4. Im always surprised when people that used to run track fall off.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:52pm
I wonder how many other outside kids he has.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic