Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Military-Air Force

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KhadiNiaomi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KhadiNiaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Military-Air Force
    Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 9:36pm
Hey guys, I know I haven't been on here in a minute but I wanted to know if any of you ladies are in the Military, or the Air Force branch more specifically. I would like to know your pros and cons and if it has lead you to a stable life financially and career wise. Im young and I've been stressing today, of what I want to do with my life. I dont want to be in debt for college, and I dont want to struggle in life, so please feel to share your experiences or opinions.
Sponsored Links

patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 9:47pm
If you do join the military make sure it's Air Force, better quality of life, better suited to get you for the world when you get out.
KhadiNiaomi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KhadiNiaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 9:54pm
^ Thanks for your opinion :-)
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

If you do join the military make sure it's Air Force, better quality of life, better suited to get you for the world when you get out.

That's what both my uncle's in law tole me back in the day.  They also said that it was a better choice for women in general.  More sh*t goes on against women in Navy and Army in their opinion. One was Navy the other was Air Force.
Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 8:49am
my bff is in the airforce.  she loves it but wants out right now. She's over it. 
shes been in for 13 years now.  She does agree that the airforce is the better choice of them all.
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 9:01am
Yes, it is and better for women and the treatment and advance for women as well. If this was my daughter or female relative and they were thinking about this career path than I would all by means direct them to this route.
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 9:30am
I'm in the air force.
If you WANT to join the military the af is the best branch.

What is yor ultimate goal in life? Are you just joining for a guaranteed income?
sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 12:58pm
I'm in the Air Force and if I could do things over, I would have gone to college and been an officer.

Pros:
-Pretty stable (we stilll got paid even with the whole gov't shutdown)
-Free (ish) healthcare. I only say free-ish if you have a family; you would still have to pay dental for them, but that's about it.
-Travel
-Can be like an average 9 to 5 office job depending on what your job is
-More laid back than the other branches
-Experience. Depending on your job, the military will pay for you to get certain certs (ex: with my job I needed Network+ and Security+ so I got those for free). If and when you get out, you'll have that leg up above fresh out of college people.

Cons:
-Politics...there's a bunch of ass kissing that goes on, and if someone doesn't like you; you can get screwed out of awards/decorations/anything positive.
-Depending on what job you get, you could work with a bunch of weirdos. I basically do comm. stuff (routers, switches, computer networking type stuff) and I deal with a bunch of guys that talk about video games and Wow and MTG.
-Deployments. I don't like the deployed environment...you make money, but I hate it.
-Lack of freedom...you can't do certain things with your hair, if you wear a purse while in uniform it has to meet certain regs, gym bag regulations, nitpicking over little things that normal people wouldn't think about.
-The pomp and circumstance that comes when a DV (distinguished visitor) comes to your base or squadron. All of our day is spent making our squadron look pretty (aka like we don't work for a living) for the off chance that this person and their entourage will visit (more than likely, they won't.)

And with any branch, the higher in rank you get the more responsibility you get. That can mean having multiple troops to be responsible for...tbh I hate it.

I've been thinking about getting out for a while now; I'll just wait and see.
sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 12:59pm
Sorry for the long post Embarrassed. I always answer in these types of threads (military).
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply