Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
ohioshorty06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: military basic training hair
    Posted: Oct 06 2007 at 11:48pm

I'll be joining in a couple months and im worried bout my hair cuz i know im not gonna have time to do anything to it which will suck cuz I'm used to taking my sweet time with my hair.  I thought about a sock bun but you're only allowed to bring so much stuff and I'm not tryna get chewed out for having 3485775 products just to have my naps lay down...then I thought about cornrows but with my luck I'd be stuck in a flight with not even at least one female who can braid lol i'm in desperate need of help!

Sponsored Links

ButterCaramel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2007 at 4:17am
I went through marine boot camp 3 years ago and i guarantee you will want to take as little as possible. Whether we had a way to style our hair we had to use sock buns because they want all of us standardized. they didn't even let us keep the products that we brought with us. I suggest that you twist your hair up in a bun or get it braided the day before you ship out. GOOD LUCK
Miss_Pepa256 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2007 at 8:09am
which part of the service are you going in to? i'm air force and they were a little laxed on us in basic. our ti would let us wear a rag to bed, etc so we wouldn't wake up looking a mess lol! but we always found ways to get things done, hair wise. lol, we would sneek in the bathrooms when we were supposed to be in bed and braid each other's hairLOL but i cut my hair really short, so i never had a problem with styling it. i would mousse it and go. i would aim for micros or any other style you could pull back in a bun. you're not going to have time in the mornings to fix your hair, hell you barily had time to brush your teeth b/c everything is so rush, rush, rush in basic!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2007 at 1:29pm
lol im goin air force and im already experimenting to see how few products i can get away with using and still keeping my hair healthy.  Right now I'm thinking of just wearing a lazy bun (like ur puttin it in a ponytail but u leave the ends out at the top) cuz it takes me a good minute to get my sock bun looking right.
BAY BAY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2007 at 1:54pm
Truthfully there is no time for primping or hair while in basic training.  I would get braids and bring as little as possible.  If there is no braider you can always plait your hair and go.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2007 at 12:57pm
bump
Ms Lala View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2007 at 1:50pm
Get small to medium sized cornrows braided back into a bun.  Big ones will frizz up quicker.  Use weave in them so they will last longer.  Just make sure you take a scarf to tie them up.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2007 at 9:31pm
i've never kept cornrows with weave in for longer than 2 weeks...is it safe to keep them in longer than that?
Miss_Pepa256 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2007 at 1:26am
if you do consider braids, be aware that you will have to go out to the field in the last few weeks of basic. you will be rolling around in mud and sand and stuff. you don't get to take long showers so washing your hair will have to be a quick task. you hardily get to look in the mirror, so don't bring too many products b/c you might not get to use them!
jejora82 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2007 at 1:10am

OhioShorty,

I agree with everyone else and I say you should get micros, but make sure you wash and moisturize them frequenlty. When I was in basic traing (Army), we could not have anything. we could not sleep with do rags on our heads nothng, of course I snuck. But when that drill sergeant walked in at 0600 or whatever time we got woke up with screaming we had better ot have not that was not part of a uniform on.......anyway I digress. I had micro's, extremely small and I used kanakelon hair and briaded it all the way down to the end. It took me a week to finish those braids. Luckily I knew how to braid my own hair, so when it looked raggedy I would sneak a night and re-braid it at night. But the braids really helped alot. Make sure they are small and will fit under you gas mask, hat and other head gear, that they will require you to wear.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic