Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Miley Cyrus VMA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2013 at 11:31am
smh

Last week, we reported on Juicy J‘s tweet about a 50K scholarship to the best twerker but now those that want to enter have access to all the details. The Stay Trippy rapper has partnered with Worldstarhiphop.com to launch the “Juicy J Scholarship Foundation” competition.

According to the press release, “All young women ages 18 (or age of majority in your state, whichever is higher) to 25, currently enrolled in a 2 or 4 year accredited college or university are eligible to enter. All contestants must be able to prove their enrolment through the 2014/2015 school year.

( Collapse )

Fans can enter the competition by creating YouTube videos explaining why they’re most deserving of the prize, utilizing the Juicy J song “Scholarship”, and submitting the link to their video in the contest entry form located here: http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/scholarship/. Contestants will be judged on their assets and creativity.

Show us why you deserve a Scholarship. Grades are optional. Juicy encourages entrants to be creative, as these videos will be voted upon by fans until the contest ends on September 30, 2013. Once fans have narrowed down their top ten favorite videos, Juicy himself will ultimately decide on the final winner to be awarded the scholarship to their university.”

So no twerking is necessary for a chance at 50K from Juicy J. Just be creative and show why you deserve the cash.

Enter here: http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/scholarship/

Yo! im giving away a $50,000 scholarship http://t.co/uKCsuK21MG #StayTrippy
— juicy j (@therealjuicyj) August 29, 2013

@TheRealJuicyJ Is Giving Away A $50,000 Scholarship With Worldstar! http://t.co/ppNGOeKyAR #WSHH via @WorldStar #StudentsOnly
— WSHH (@Worldstar_FANS) August 29, 2013

Sponsored Links

indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2013 at 11:35am

Paramore star Hayley Williams has sparked a new pop feud by taking aim at Miley Cyrus for her controversial performance at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday (25Aug13).

The former child star split fans and peers with her provocative routine, during which she thrust her backside into stage partner Robin Thicke's crotch, while sticking her tongue out at the audience. Williams insists she wasn't bothered by Miley's naughty act, but she was offended by the fact the 20 year old appeared to adopt moves that are popular in African-American culture as her own.

The Paramore singer rages, "It seems like more people are focusing on the trashiness or the dancing, the clothes. But I, actually, am uncomfortable with the racial aspect of it. I feel like she’s sort of taking a culture that isn’t really hers and sort of using it as an accessory, and that actually bothers me more...

( Collapse )
"I feel like maybe someone needs to go to her and sort of explain the race issue.

"I’m not going to be the artist that goes around throwing accusations that other artists are racist. I’m not gonna go there. I do think it’s a little insensitive, and it definitely seems as though there were black women onstage with her that... kinda felt like accessories more than anything else. I felt uncomfortable about that.

"I think Miley’s a 20-year-old girl who’s going to experience, or try to experience, new things for the first time, and that does include partying and wearing certain things that people aren’t going to feel comfortable with, and that, to me, is the lesser of any of the evils. That part doesn’t make me as uncomfortable."

used2braid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote used2braid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 12:41am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by used2braid used2braid wrote:

I know this must've been talked about already but I almost died of second hand embarrassment from her VMA performance:(
you white?

lol yo im late. Don't get it. 
Geminigirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 1:09am
he is saying are you white because your embarassed for her. white people should be embarassed. your saying your generally embarassed for her though.and I get both of you. its just hard to explain.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 1:11am
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

Paramore star Hayley Williams has sparked a new pop feud by taking aim at Miley Cyrus for her controversial performance at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday (25Aug13).

The former child star split fans and peers with her provocative routine, during which she thrust her backside into stage partner Robin Thicke's crotch, while sticking her tongue out at the audience. Williams insists she wasn't bothered by Miley's naughty act, but she was offended by the fact the 20 year old appeared to adopt moves that are popular in African-American culture as her own.

The Paramore singer rages, "It seems like more people are focusing on the trashiness or the dancing, the clothes. But I, actually, am uncomfortable with the racial aspect of it. I feel like she’s sort of taking a culture that isn’t really hers and sort of using it as an accessory, and that actually bothers me more...

( Collapse )
"I feel like maybe someone needs to go to her and sort of explain the race issue.

"I’m not going to be the artist that goes around throwing accusations that other artists are racist. I’m not gonna go there. I do think it’s a little insensitive, and it definitely seems as though there were black women onstage with her that... kinda felt like accessories more than anything else. I felt uncomfortable about that.

"I think Miley’s a 20-year-old girl who’s going to experience, or try to experience, new things for the first time, and that does include partying and wearing certain things that people aren’t going to feel comfortable with, and that, to me, is the lesser of any of the evils. That part doesn’t make me as uncomfortable."

Shocked^^^^^^^^^^^^ShockedShocked^^^^^^^^^^^^Shocked

can we just let this girl not get anymore attention..seriously she is loving it...as much as Beyonce gets on my last dayum nerve, i wish she would just come out of mommy hood and do something to outshine this filth....
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 2:56am
Haley gets it though..,,
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System