BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Miley Cyrus VMA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 7:34am
Few yt people, I work with called her trashy..Who these people standing for her?
Sponsored Links

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 7:45am
That was a pitiful performance.  The stage act sucked, the singing sucked, the dancing bear theme sucked, and she was just gross.  Miley wants attn?  She got it, but maybe the wrong type of attn.

Thicke looked like a backup singer with herLOL

Lady Ga's performance was interesting and unique, but her ending sucked as well. (I just watched performance clips, not the entire show).

Katy PerryClap

Edited by Tbaby - Aug 27 2013 at 7:46am
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (16) Thanks(16)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 7:48am
Folks throwing "slut shaming" at everything...when some of this behavior should be thought of as  shameful. js
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 11:07am
Besides all the extra her voice sounded absolutely horrible

I thought she could at least halfway sing until last night
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 11:08am
I bet Mike Will backed away from her after that performance.. It was all good when was on that red carpet together though..
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

http://groupthink.jezebel.com/solidarity-is-for-miley-cyrus-1203666732

thoughts?

My thoughts are these are the same bitches who come for Beyonce every time she buys a new leotard, but want to encourage Miley to continue to "find herself" through the exploitation of ppl of color and their culture. The fact that they are stanning so hard for her to act a goddamn fool onstage is unsurprising, but it still disgusts me. 

Ok I can see some of this with the butt slapping and pretend licking. But none of that was part of some culture. Let us hold the soul train on that one.
true, because Black Culture is varied and different everywhere. But I think the point is Miley is stereotyping Black people to promote herself and therefore perpetuating the stereotype even more. She said herself, in an interview, that she wanted this song to be more "Black." She knows exactly what she's doing.
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 11:37am
Originally posted by thickblkbarbie thickblkbarbie wrote:

Few yt people, I work with called her trashy..Who these people standing for her?
White feminists generally. People who think that the criticisms against her are slut shaming. And while people might think she's trashy, they still can't see why her performance was racist.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by EasterBell EasterBell wrote:

I bet Mike Will backed away from her after that performance.. It was all good when was on that red carpet together though..
That was her Black male prop? I was wondering who that fool was.

And yes yt women are cheering her on saying she's young, finding herself, don't judge her negatively, we all did crazy things at 20 y/o, blah blah blah.Dead
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 12:01pm
White Shame always brings a smile. Big smile
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

http://groupthink.jezebel.com/solidarity-is-for-miley-cyrus-1203666732

thoughts?

My thoughts are these are the same bitches who come for Beyonce every time she buys a new leotard, but want to encourage Miley to continue to "find herself" through the exploitation of ppl of color and their culture. The fact that they are stanning so hard for her to act a goddamn fool onstage is unsurprising, but it still disgusts me. 

Ok I can see some of this with the butt slapping and pretend licking. But none of that was part of some culture. Let us hold the soul train on that one.

Her entire schtick is her basically taking the most stereotyped forms of various aspects of black culture and using it to "find herself." 

Now, I have a problem with this in particular, because the black girls who naturally behave like this are automatically deemed ratchet and unworthy of even basic respect. Yet Miley's been doing this sh*t for months and, before this disastrous ass performance, far too many people for my liking were accepting it as a "phase." She can go home, put on some decent clothes, grow her hair out and everyone will just dub these her "wild years." Whereas, there are black girls her age who have never acted like that in public, but will still get labeled because of the color of their skin and/or where they grew up.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic