MID-BACK BY DECEMBER!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Cali naps View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cali naps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 1:06pm
you have very pretty hair naynay!
Sponsored Links

Cali naps View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cali naps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 2:59pm
sorry for the crappy picture. I was struggling with my phone LOL

Edited by Cali naps - Apr 07 2013 at 3:46pm
Cali naps View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali naps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by misjaghuar misjaghuar wrote:

regimen: wash and deep condition 2x a month, oil my scalp with my jbco mix or sulfur mix atleast 2x a week.
choice of protective styling: I'm guilty of wearing my hair down a lot but I will try to bun more often.
products and oils used: Ors deep conditioner, hawaiian silky 14 in 1 moisturizer, jbco mix, evoo, castor oil, blah blah blah LOLLOL. I can't think of all of them right now.
vitamins and supplements you will use: I currently take a one a day multi for women. I just ordered some fish oil and evening primrose capsules. I also got a bottle of deva vegan hair, skin and nail vitamins.
Anything else that helps your hair grow: I do scalp massages and I sometimes use the ghe method on the nights I oil my scalp. Also I have been trying to drink LOTS of water( I even have a water tracker app on my phone LOL) and I go to the gym a few times a week.

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 6:24pm
Ok, I'm back. Here's my reggie that I'm currently using plus starting length. I'll come back with a starting pic in the next day or so when I wash my hair. :)  This is an edited repost from a challenge starter topic in a previous challenge I just wrapped up...hence the quote! ^_^

Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

starting length? between APL & BSL Long term goal is WL ^_^
normal growth rate? 1" per month
hair status? natural texture & henna'd
regimen?
  • PS during cold weather months
    • Currently FLW'ing it, but will be doing twist outs now that the weather is getting warmer.
  • GHE every other night on the evenings where I oil my scalp with the Liquid Gold with Sulfur
  • Only use all natural products on my hair - nothing with impossible to pronounce ingredients allowed!
    • make my own flax seed gel
    • make my own shea/mango butter daily moisturizing mix
  • Wash my hair up to 2x a month w/terressentials mud wash. Any more than that and it dries my scalp out.
  • Use topical growth oil 2 - 3x a week.
  • Spritz my hair daily with my aloe/water/msm/essential oils moisturizing mix.
  • Henna rinse 1x a month or every 2 months depending on how busy I am
  • Oral growth aids: 1 garlic pill daily + Hairfinity.
  • Drink 64oz of water daily (or at least get as close to that as possible!!!)
  • Put as little heat on my hair as possible unless I'm doing a very infrequent length check.
  • Spend as little time thinking about my hair as possible.
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 1:56am
Good luck ladies hopefully next year I can be a part of this it's my final goal!
misjaghuar View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misjaghuar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Cali naps Cali naps wrote:

[QUOTE=misjaghuar]
regimen: wash and deep condition 2x a month, oil my scalp with my jbco mix or sulfur mix atleast 2x a week.
choice of protective styling: I'm guilty of wearing my hair down a lot but I will try to bun more often.
products and oils used: Ors deep conditioner, hawaiian silky 14 in 1 moisturizer, jbco mix, evoo, castor oil, blah blah blah LOLLOL. I can't think of all of them right now.
vitamins and supplements you will use: I currently take a one a day multi for women. I just ordered some fish oil and evening primrose capsules. I also got a bottle of deva vegan hair, skin and nail vitamins.
Anything else that helps your hair grow: I do scalp massages and I sometimes use the ghe method on the nights I oil my scalp. Also I have been trying to drink LOTS of water( I even have a water tracker app on my phone LOL) and I go to the gym a few times a week.

[

Clap
misjaghuar View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misjaghuar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 11:58am

Ok, I'm back. Here's my reggie that I'm currently using plus starting length. I'll come back with a starting pic in the next day or so when I wash my hair. :)  This is an edited repost from a challenge starter topic in a previous challenge I just wrapped up...hence the quote! ^_^

starting length? between APL & BSL Long term goal is WL ^_^
normal growth rate? 1" per month
hair status? natural texture & henna'd
regimen?
  • PS during cold weather months
    • Currently FLW'ing it, but will be doing twist outs now that the weather is getting warmer.
  • GHE every other night on the evenings where I oil my scalp with the Liquid Gold with Sulfur
  • Only use all natural products on my hair - nothing with impossible to pronounce ingredients allowed!
    • make my own flax seed gel
    • make my own shea/mango butter daily moisturizing mix
  • Wash my hair up to 2x a month w/terressentials mud wash. Any more than that and it dries my scalp out.
  • Use topical growth oil 2 - 3x a week.
  • Spritz my hair daily with my aloe/water/msm/essential oils moisturizing mix.
  • Henna rinse 1x a month or every 2 months depending on how busy I am
  • Oral growth aids: 1 garlic pill daily + Hairfinity.
  • Drink 64oz of water daily (or at least get as close to that as possible!!!)
  • Put as little heat on my hair as possible unless I'm doing a very infrequent length check.
  • Spend as little time thinking about my hair as possible.

lol WOW...I make my own coco and shea cream too. I am getting away from silky weaves and trying the AKC and coarse yaki so I will not have to flat iron bone straight. I will be editing and updating my regimen with pic shot and growth shots an all soon
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 5:24pm
Yeah I did a hardcore growth challenge between Jan and March on here and managed to get 3" of growth in spite of a setback I had with my marley twists in January. But I do use growth aids because my regular .25" rate (sans growth aids) would make me cry with a goal of MBL/WL looming in the horizon. I would say the biggest boost to my growth is the Liquid Gold with Sulfur oil I bought.

Because I've used hairfinity before by itself and I definitely wasn't getting an inch a month. So, this will for sure be my go-to routine that I'll maintain until I get to WL. My hope is WL by summer '14. 

But I'm due for a trim when I wash my hair tonight and flat iron it tomorrow. So, I'll probably lose about an inch since I had some serious uneven issues when I took my Marley twists down in January.

Edited by modelbusiness82 - Apr 09 2013 at 5:25pm
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 5:07am
Model I read on Liquid Gold's site they recommend you co wash  and scalp oil every other day.  Do you do it that way? If so do you oil right after you co wash or how?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2013 at 10:19am
No, lol.

I use the LG every other day, but I'm only washing 2x a month. You can actually use the LG daily, but I don't considering that I only wash my hair 2x a month...I think there would be too much of a chance for buildup.

Plus, I don't cowash, I only use bentonite clay mud washes --> Terressentials.

When I use the LG is right before bed. So, right now I have some celie twists that I've been rocking under a flw. I apply the LG to my scalp and massage it in, put a shower cap on and then tie it down with my silk scarf. And I normally do this every other night or at  least 2x a week.

I haven't experienced any build up issues such as dirt flaking or or excessive oil, so I think I'm doing it right. And considering the growth spurt it's given me, I'll keep this up til I reach WL. But it's actually a relatively light oil, even with the sulfur in it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic