Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Microsoft reveals the new xbox: Xbox One

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 2:28am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

The console will reportedly block used games. So long to gamestop and or borrowing games from friends.

I want Microsoft to comment on this though before I believe it. I hate that and hope Sony doesn't adopt the same attitude.

Awwww.....SNAPAROONI!!!

*picks up phone to call my boy*
I had my gaming friends tell me about this. And the possible kinect pay per person BS. I hope it is all lies *and easily bypassed*Cry
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/05/24/patent-suggest-kinect-could-charge-per-person-when-playing-a-movie/
Sponsored Links

Momeijheii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Momeijheii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 4:04am
They've got some nerve. No used games, and this thing has already been accused of being a surveillance device. I'm not an xbox user anyway, but this won't be welcome in my house.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 11:44am
perve has spoken

king jaffe joffer: i'm not bashing xbox on some console war fanboy sh*t but...
kingjaffejoffer:

How can you buy an XBOX One that has a camera attached that monitors the movements of your entire living room, and has the technology to count how many people are in the room, when you just received proof that Microsoft is working with the government and letting them spy on you?

And Unlike the xbox 360, Kinect is a requirement for the Xbox One to even function. It’s also a requirement that the Xbox one “phones home” at least once per hour with an internet connection.

It’s not a conspiracy theory, we now have documented evidence that Microsoft is letting the government see your Skype conversations and god knows what else.

So knowing that, how can you put a god damned camera in your living room and let them cook?
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 11:50am
I'm not liking the direction this is going and I was excited about the new Xbox but no thanks
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 11:56am
yep im not buying it neither
Joseph_Sun View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joseph_Sun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 11:59am
just got my ps3 fixed to hold me over till ps4. I don't even know what an xbox is.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 2:09pm
From Polygon, a gaming site that was actually funded by Microsoft lol.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/7/4406170/xbox-one-internet-trade-policy

Opinion: Xbox One policy is a lovely marriage proposal to big corporations

By Chris Plante on Jun 07, 2013 at 1:30p @ctplante

After a month of vague corporate comments from Microsoft executives, we now know the Xbox One's game licensing policy was written from the ground up for companies. It's aggressively anti-consumer and anti-middle class, and it outright ignores underprivileged gamers. It's gross, despicable, greedy, pathetic, cowardly and out of touch with a growing global resentment for corporations.

Microsoft has designed a policy by committee, with that committee representing the interests of large video game publishers and retailers, and internet providers. "Participating retailers" have the privilege to be the exclusive resellers of games, torpedoing the consumer-to-consumer resale market, while third-party publishers have the option to restrict the resale of games entirely.

As speculated for months, we now know for a fact all owners of the Xbox One will be required to have an internet connection, so that their new console can ping Microsoft every 24 hours, alerting the mother brain as to whether or not the child's been caught stealing from the cookie jar. If a relationship is built on trust, then Microsoft sucks at relationships.

The Xbox One is out of touch with a growing global resentment for corporations

You have limited rights, despite being the theoretical owner of the hardware and software. You can't rent games; you can't trade games; you can't resell games, at least not without sharing a cut with Microsoft's favored retailers.

Microsoft has girded itself from criticism with puny asterisks, like the one-time option to give a game, and the needlessly perplexing family share plan. Both asterisks are themselves asterisked by Microsoft's reserved right to modify or outright strip these rights at a later date, should the company see fit.

The thinly masked intention of this policy is to have an advantage over the consumer, to control how they play games, where they buy games and for how much. The policy shrewdly restricts competition by annihilating entire alternative marketplaces like eBay, rental shops and person-to-person trading or sharing. Without competition we can assume static and high prices. Why can we assume that? Because each time Microsoft's approached a road diverged in a yellow wood, they've chosen the one that makes them and select partners the most money.

If you're low on money, you're out of luck.

Let's say you have money, though. You can afford the console, controllers, games, internet and Xbox Live. Are your living arrangements fit for gaming on the Xbox One?

The "1.5 Mbps" necessary for a comfortable experience is nothing to blush at. For cloud computing (expected to be mandatory for Respawn Entertainment's Xbox One and PC shooter Titanfall) the bandwidth requirement may be higher. Assuming your internet connection still handles that speed, what about the other people in your home who'd like to use the internet? If you have one person downloading videos on a computer or two people surfing on laptops, what sort of reliability can you expect from the Xbox One cloud service?

As a teenager, going on the internet meant asking everyone else to stay off the phone. Off the stated policy, I wonder if playing the Xbox One means asking everyone in my home to stay off the internet.

I've seen one recurring defense of the policy.

Will playing the Xbox One mean asking everyone in my home to stay off the internet?

Some commentators have compared the Xbox One's internet-connection and used-game policies to PC gaming. And sure, the Xbox One does appear to share the worst parts of PC gaming: obtrusive DRM from AAA publishers; complex if not impossible methods for sharing games; the need for an internet connection to play some games, connect to some digital merchants and ping some third-party servers.

But the Xbox One policy doesn't share the good aspects of PC gaming. PC games can be given away by developers. PC games can be sold without DRM. There are alternative retailers, allowing the consumer to choose where he or she buys from. And because there is choice, there is competition, and because there is competition, there is competitive pricing.

On PC, you can "donate" to the Humble Bundle and choose precise amounts of cash to award a game's creator. On PC, you can play alpha builds of games that are months if not years from completion, and participate in some capacity in that game's development. On PC, publishers are free to do all of the awful things offered by the Xbox One. But they're also free to do things that are responsible and consumer-friendly.

PC publishers are free to be consumer-hostile or consumer-friendly

One additional thing that doesn't pertain to Xbox One's policy per se, but the system itself. A PC is compatible with a massive catalogue of over two decades' worth of games. An Xbox One is not. Never have the words fresh start sounded so awful.

Xbox One's policy, as it stands, includes all of the burdensome aspects of PC gaming and none of the best.

Next week, I will visit the Electronic Entertainment Expo, the annual celebration of video games' biggest corporations. Microsoft will be hosting a lavish press conference to further acquaint the world with its new system. But the company's executives won't be meeting with much of the press. They canceled their post-press conference interviews, all of them as best I can tell, and have even canceled some interviews at the show itself. I understand. They probably couldn't fit everyone in between all the CEOs they have to meet with.

Microsoft is married to business now. They don't have time for consumers anymore.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Jun 07 2013 at 2:09pm
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 2:10pm
They started a firestorm of harsh reactions today.

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 6:04am
They really ruined themselves and I hope fellow competitors will learn from Microsoft's many mistakes. I'm not trying to bring a dystopian 1984 Orwellian future into my living room and have to pay an assload of fees for games with an assload of restrictions and ridiculous requirements.

No thank you. Had me excited, smh.

Edited by Midna - Jun 08 2013 at 6:05am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic