Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedMICROPOINT LINK - THE HOLY GRAIL OF WEAVE?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
shebastacey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: MICROPOINT LINK - THE HOLY GRAIL OF WEAVE?
    Posted: Mar 01 2007 at 10:32am

I remember posting this way back when, when I first joined BHM and getting blasted by some rude members, who are thankfully no longer on here. I cannot recommend this technique, but in all honesty, if I had the money I would do it. Even at risk to my little hair. I'm of the mind, hair grows back....eventually. So here goes.

Micro Point Link is four Cyberhairs linked to one single strand of your own hair. Micro Point Link's knot is so micro-tiny, your new hair looks and feels like your own growing hair.

This sounds like a great idea in theory. But 1) the Cyberhair is synthetic and i hate synthetic hair from my braiding days. 2) it will probably be like an act of congress to find this Cyberhair in an ethnic texture.

Most licensed salons won't do an entire head because your little hair is at risk and it will probably take 1 week to put in. (I'm exagerrating of course.)

Your own natural little hair sheds 100 strands a day. So eventually the micropoint will need to be filled in.

But like I said in another post, you throw enough money around, you can get the hair you want. And if I had the money I would be rocking some micropoint right now and swinging it like a big dog and having my grandmother fill it in as she knows how to work those microscopic crochet needles.LOL

These are four Cyberhairs linked to one single strand of your own hair. With Micro Point Link you can receive up to 672 hairs in the crown or top of your head in one hour. The Micro Point Link knot is so micro-tiny, your new hair looks and feel like your own growing hair. The links stay in place and simply grow out naturally with your own hair.

Notice the tiny tie at the very top? The 1 hair at the top is your hair and the 5 hairs at the bottom is your 1 hair
plus the 4 links. This is permanent and since your own hair does grow, you'd need to get a refill but you'd still have last month's links attached providing that they have not shed yet.  
because I will show my clients' actual pics who have worn the links for months.

The link below is for a stylist who does this and her advice and web site is on point. She is not stingy with the 411. She is based in PA.

Sponsored Links

koffeebrown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2007 at 10:49am
sheba, that's the lady from  Hairboutique that i said had the info on micropoint. She posted that pix over there a while ago. That technique does look interesting..

and blasted? u? no way..

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2007 at 10:57am
Hi KoffeeBrown,

Yeah this was when I first got on and all the weave fans where talking about integration units. They weren't really monitoring the boards much and there were free for alls.

Whenever someone mentioned an alternative to a method, hair supplier, or whatever there was always this one board member who would accuse of you of not doing your research. Like she was the weave police. I suspect she was a troll/vendor of some sort.

She would also get mad if somebody asked the same question we've seen a hundred times. I'm like who cares. Is that person question clogging up your server? If it is, then get off the board. LOL Just because I've seen the question 10 times before, that is the first time this person is asking it. Lighten up.
essence View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2007 at 11:14am
wow!  sheba.. you taking it WAY WAY back.  that was right about the time that i 1st joined and i remember there was that thread about the integration that was like 100 pages long and FULL of drama LOL  that person probably worked for the company...

the technique you have above looks similar to this one that i found on korean site that is WAY WAY ahead of us on the hair technology..

Once you open the site goto the Hair Increase link on the bottom...

http://www.propia.co.jp/hair_con/english/index.html

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2007 at 11:28am

Hey Essence, That was way back. LOL  That person was so nasty and for no reason. People were going out and spending upto 7000 dollars on integration units, which I ain't mad at 'em if they got the money, but as soon as you were like...try this place...or if the person's unit didn't live up to expectation...she made it seem like it was the person's fault or the fault of BHM. She was nuts.

Europe and Japan are always 10 times ahead of us on weave technology. That's why so many American celebrities get their hair done oversees.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2007 at 11:32am

I cant imagine why anyone would have blasted you shebaShocked...but, I must disagree with you on one point. All hair doesnt grow back eventually. Sometimes the damage can be permanentOuch.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2007 at 11:50am
That's true, Wildfire. But I'm trying to remain optimistic as I abuse my own little hair with 26 inches of weave hair. LOL And if you have natural male pattern or female pattern baldness, there ain't a darn thing you can do about that's just genetics.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2007 at 11:56am
yeah, it sucks!!!
This weekend my moms was with me and I kept staring at her head to see if she was going bald or anything----no sign and I hope it doesnt change!!! My dad is in his 80's (dont ask! they had me late) and has a FULL head of crazy thick hair, so maybe I'm safeLOL
koffeebrown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2007 at 12:06pm
Ok sheba.. believe it or not, i've been around long enough to remember that thread too.  Don't specifically remember u being blasted tho; but i do remember that thread got quite heated. I wasn't a member back then tho; but i did read. BhM is what turned me on to Indian hair, NG brand back then.

Sheba, u watch "The Game"? DId u hear the guy crack on mom/manager's 'Indian hair weave" . I bout died LOL!!
requestaword View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2007 at 12:26pm
I wondered what my 100th  post would be Ė itís an anniversary of sorts since Iíve noticed Shebastacey, Essence and I all joined BHM within weeks of each other in 2004. I also remember the debacle with that poster Ė maybe thatís why it took me so long to reach 100 posts Ė I was apprehensive to post with all the negativity on the boards at that time.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic