Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Michigan YT woman jailed for harrassing IR couple
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Michigan YT woman jailed for harrassing IR couple

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michigan YT woman jailed for harrassing IR couple
    Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 1:08pm

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 1.08.51 PM

A Michigan woman will spend the next three months behind bars after a judge sentenced her to 93 days in the Genesee County Jail for her racially charged phone calls to an interracial couple.

According to reports, Colleen Kahl made threatening calls to a woman and her husband after they purchased a home in Grand Blanc Township. The victim, who is Black and married to a White man, said Kahl’s phone calls were akin to being harassed by the KKK.

The victim did not want her name mentioned in news reports for fear of retaliation, but she told the court: “[Kahl’s] call, at midnight, from a blocked number, was her version of a white sheet to hide her true identity.”

“She said she was the welcoming committee for Grand Blanc,” the woman recalled. “This woman went on a racist rant calling me horrible names and threatening my life.”

While Kahl admits to making the call, she contends she never threatened the victims. However, Genesee County District Court Judge Christopher Odette dismissed her claims.

During the sentencing hearing, Judge Odette read a portion of Kahl’s calls, which were recorded by the victims, and chided the woman for her behavior.

“They have felonies for this. It’s called ethic intimidation,” Judge Odette told Kahl. “Why you weren’t charged with it I don’t know. You should have been. That’s my opinion.”

Judge Odette sentenced Kahl to 93 full days with the added stipulation that she will not be eligible for work release, trustee status or any other benefit that would shorten her time in jail.

Edited by Alias_Avi - Mar 08 2014 at 1:09pm
Sponsored Links

yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 1:13pm
Just disgusting. And she looks angry and bitter from this angle.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 1:20pm
That's white ppl in MI for you. Up here they are just as racist but not blatant about it like down south. Glad that woman pressed charges.
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 1:24pm
I hope it's cold in that jail.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 1:37pm
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 1:44pm
Michigan is weird about IR dating, its cool though cause Im moving again. 
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 1:55pm
this idiot i used to know used to try to convince me that the only people who had a problem with IR dating was white men and black women. 

supposedly black men and beckies are above the fray because they are desired by all races... smh

i am so happy to not know that person anymore, but if i did i'd send him this article.

marumaruyobi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marumaruyobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 4:03pm
Shoulda tacked that intimidation charge on there at the end judge LOL
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

this idiot i used to know used to try to convince me that the only people who had a problem with IR dating was white men and black women. 

supposedly black men and beckies are above the fray because they are desired by all races... smh

i am so happy to not know that person anymore, but if i did i'd send him this article.

You should send it to his coon a$$ as supporting facts to prove your theory. I tell people this allllll the time. Most black women could care less about IR dating. But the media tries to convince u otherwise. Black women are not the ones interracial couples should fear. Afterall we're NOT the ones hunting down blk men in Texas drugging them, cutting their ears off, and slitting their throats then determining the cause of death as a suicide.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

Just disgusting. And she looks angry and bitter from this angle.

DeadLOLCry
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style