FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Michigan States mourns loss of 8 yr old girl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michigan States mourns loss of 8 yr old girl
    Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 12:27am
im going to hell

Michigan State Mourns Loss of 8-year-old Lacey Holsworth

bilde

The death of 8-year-old Lacey Holsworth, whose battle with cancer and friendship with Michigan State basketball became national stories, has inspired an outpouring of support and mourning today.

It inspired emotion from MSU basketball coach Tom Izzo, who said in a phone interview: "I'm supposed to be a guy who leads men, and now an 8-year-old has impacted my life like this. … the impact on all of us will be lasting, and that's especially true for Adreian (Payne)."

It inspired ESPN analyst Dick Vitale to call Lacey's father, Matt Holsworth, and tell him he's going to donate $250,000 in her name, with fund raising starting now at dickvitaleonline.com.

"I can't believe it," Vitale said of Lacey's death in a phone interview before sobbing for several seconds. "This rips my heart out, man."

Lacey's family posted the following on Instagram around 3 a.m.: "Princess Lacey has achieved the ultimate victory. She now dances among angels.... The world is a better place because you were in it. Our hearts are broken. We love you Doll. Dance all night... Mommy and Daddy, Will, Mitchell and Luke #LoveLikeLacey"

Lacey, of St. Johns, became especially close with MSU senior forward Payne, starting more than two years ago when the team visited her at Lansing's Sparrow Hospital. A tumor had wrapped around her spine at the time, limiting her ability to walk. Treatments eventually removed the cancer from her body, but it returned in the fall and her condition worsened in recent weeks.

In that time, she accompanied Payne on his senior night at Breslin Center, helped cut down the nets after MSU won the Big Ten tournament in Indianapolis, and made appearances on "The Today Show" and "Good Morning America." She was with Payne last week in Texas, cheering him on in a slam dunk contest.

Izzo said he talked to Payne around 7 this morning about Lacey's passing.

"Even though he knew this was inevitable, it's hard," Izzo said of Payne. "But he took it with the class and dignity that she taught him. I told him, 'Not everybody gets to touch somebody's life like you have. And sometimes other people impact your life, too.'"

Izzo also spoke on the phone with Vitale, who had Lacey and Payne as his guests at his annual Dick Vitale Gala to fight cancer last spring in Sarasota, Fla. Izzo said he was blown away by the emotion and determination from Vitale.

"His passion for this," Izzo said of Vitale and fighting cancer, "makes my passion for basketball look like an ant."

Many have expressed their support on Twitter, including ESPN analyst Jay Bilas, who posted: "RIP Lacey Holsworth. A beautiful soul, whose strength and courage touched and inspired us all. Heartbreaking."

download
download1

77ILs.AuSt.69

article-2600656-1CF6E88000000578-437_634x637

article-2600656-1CF69D9A00000578-527_634x576

article-2600656-1CF69DA200000578-436_634x469

basketballgery6_19j7gub-19j7h12

bH0fSFR-360

BkZq50hCMAADi1C

o-LACEY-HOLSWORTH-570
cropped_adreian_payne

article-2600656-1CF69D9600000578-390_306x423

JVN7AcT

Sponsored Links

GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 12:34am
I'm over here tearing up...this is sad, I hate when kids have to go through things like this. RIP Lacey.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 12:37am
is it just me or does it seem like white kids get childhood cancer more often than any other group? Or is it just media representation?
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 12:47am
I cried when i heard the breaking news . I know babies go straight to heaven . I pray for her parents . God bless the player . I  think the feeling of loosing a child can't be put into words . Cry
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 1:06am
R.I.P. little girl
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 1:22am
RIP, little one.

And yeah, the white kids are the faces shown when it comes to terminal disease and the donation of sympathy in mass numbers. It's cold to say and I mean nothing negative by it, but the sympathy is usually directed towards the faces of white innocents because they are represented by default.
Qualified View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qualified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 1:35am
So sad. The local news, I think Pix 11 NYC, did a special on them last week and it pulled on my heart strings as I was getting ready the other morning. She was so cheerful and wise beyond her years, despite all she was going through... and now shes gone. So sad. RIP!!
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 1:53am
dayum now i have to re-apply my lash serum....so freakin sad...so young and so cute...r.i.p.

say hello to TaliaJoy18 up in Heaven..

Edited by DiorShowGirl - Apr 10 2014 at 1:54am
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 2:07am
RIP
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 3:15am
So sad when we lose children, whether by illness or some other tragedy.

R.I.P   Sleep with the Angels

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>