Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Michael Douglas "Oral Sex Caused Cancer"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 3:38am
I wouldn't like my husband to come out like that but at the same time it is good he did it. I think many people didn't know it could cause cancer. It takes a person like him to raise real lasting awareness. Think of all those that were the first to come out with something and how much we now know.

Also to be given a death sentence and to fight it off is amazing. Some would have given up, get their papers in order and die.

Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 5:03am
Hold on now...

So Catherine's cooty ... causes cancer?

Geesh, she's purdy .. but she ain't THAT purdy. LOL
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 9:30pm
 I think  the latency period can be decades; he could have acquired it  20-30 years ago.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 9:34pm
Well, maybe he's wife wasn't too happy about him revealing this to the world cause he's retracting now. Chances are she didn't have anything to do with it anyways, though. This man was a straight ho in his day. She even had him include a clause in their premarital contract about her getting X amount of extra millions if he cheated, so she knew about his past...

Michael Douglas Denies Saying Oral Sex Was The Cause Of His Throat Cancer

Michael Douglas

In an interview published in the Guardian newspaper, Douglas appeared to blame his own battle with throat cancer on oral sex – although that interpretation was later disputed by one of his representatives.

The Guardian quoted Douglas as attributing his illness to the HPV virus spread through oral sex. When asked about his cancer, Douglas said, "without wanting to get too specific, this particular cancer is caused by HPV (human papillomavirus), which actually comes from cunnilingus."

In response, spokesman Allen Burry said Douglas never said oral sex was the cause of his own cancer, just one of the many causes.

"In a discussion with the newspaper, they talked about the causes of oral cancer, one of which was oral sex, which is noted and has been known for a while now," Burry said.

Health officials say smoking and drinking alcohol are the main causes of oral cancer, although the human papillomavirus has been linked to one kind of throat cancer. The human papillomavirus is mostly known for causing cervical cancer.

Douglas also told the Guardian he didn't regret his years of smoking and drinking.

A spokesman for the Guardian said in an email that the paper hadn't received any complaints about its interview either from Douglas or his representatives.

Douglas has starred in many movies – including "Basic Instinct," "Fatal Attraction" and "Wall Street" – and is married to the actress Catherine Zeta-Jones. He is currently appearing in a biopic about Liberace titled "Behind the Candelabra."

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 03 2013 at 9:36pm
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 2:26am
Smart Guardian taping the interview.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 2:29am
I really would like to know what his doctors actually told him but I guess I never will.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 2:58am
CC, did you see that doc on Piers M say that there had been a steep rise of oral cancers in recent years in US probably because 'oral sex is so popular in the US, well everywhere really.' That made me laugh lol.

I was reading though that something like 70% of all oral cancers are caused by  HPV. Good news is they're easier to treat.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 3:27am
^Wut? Those numbers hopefully will go down with awareness.

I might just carry invest in some teflon spray. I don't want any problems.Stern SmileLOL

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 3:38am
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/04/health/throat-cancer-link-to-oral-sex-gains-credence.html?_r=0

I don't know if this was posted

Edited by PurpleHaze - Jun 04 2013 at 3:38am
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 5:54am
are they divorced yet ?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style