Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mia Farrows daughter calls out Woody Allen (pedo)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Mia Farrows daughter calls out Woody Allen (pedo)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

I cant believe that Barbara Walters said,"The relationship he had with Soon-YI was mutual when she was seventeen".
Im disgusted that old bat would utter such bullsh*t out her mouth.
Sherri cleared that BS right up there is no way that was a mutual relationship of shes still a child.
Whoopi said nothing the whole time.

Not surprised. Barbara is jewish (and suffering from dementia) and Hollywood is jewish-led. Roman Polanski is also jewish. Had it been another producer of another ethnicity, it might have gone over not as well. No way they're about to disgrace a film icon like W. A. Never understood the fuss about his movies. Could never watch one all the way through. Anyways, disgusting...

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Feb 03 2014 at 7:01pm
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 7:33pm
never thought I'd be saying this, but Thanks Sherri for being so  smart!
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 10:52am
This modthafcker....

Dylan Farrow's Brother Moses Defends Woody Allen

Dylan Farrow's Feb. 1 open letter to The New York Times detailing sexual molestation she says she suffered at the hands of her father Woody Allen reignited a controversy that has divided their family bitterly for more than 20 years.

Now her brother Moses Farrow is speaking out to defend Allen – and accuse their mother, Mia Farrow, of poisoning the children against their father.

"My mother drummed it into me to hate my father for tearing apart the family and sexually molesting my sister," Moses, 36, tells PEOPLE in the magazine's new issue. "And I hated him for her for years. I see now that this was a vengeful way to pay him back for falling in love with Soon-Yi."

A Family Divided

Moses and Dylan, 28, both adopted by Allen and Farrow, and their brother Ronan, 26, were in the center of a 1993 custody battle in which both sides testified about Allen's affair with Farrow's adopted daughter Soon-Yi Previn, whom Allen went on to marry in 1997. Farrow was awarded custody of the couple's three children. (In total, she has 14 kids from her marriages and solo adoptions.) Allen, 78, who was investigated but not charged with molestation, has for decades denied abusing Dylan, maintaining that Farrow, 69, coached Dylan, an accusation Farrow has always denied.
"Of course Woody did not molest my sister," says Moses, who is estranged from Farrow and many of his siblings and is close to Allen and Soon-Yi. "She loved him and looked forward to seeing him when he would visit. She never hid from him until our mother succeeded in creating the atmosphere of fear and hate towards him. The day in question, there were six or seven of us in the house. We were all in public rooms and no one, not my father or sister, was off in any private spaces. My mother was conveniently out shopping. I don’t know if my sister really believes she was molested or is trying to please her mother. Pleasing my mother was very powerful motivation because to be on her wrong side was horrible."

Dylan's Response

Dylan insists that she is telling the truth.

"This is such a betrayal to me and my whole family," she tells PEOPLE in response to her brother's comments. "My memories are the truth and they are mine and I will live with that for the rest of my life."

"My mother never coached me," Dylan says. "She never planted false memories in my brain. My memories are mine. I remember them. She was distraught when I told her. When I came forward with my story she was hoping against hope that I had made it up. In one of the most heartbreaking conversations I have ever had, she sat me down and asked me if I was telling the truth. She said that Dad said he didn’t do anything. and I said, 'He's lying.' "

Painful Memories

Moses accuses Farrow of bullying him as well. "Our mother has misled the public into believing it was a happy household of both biological and adopted children," he says. "From an early age, my mother demanded obedience and I was often hit as a child. She went into unbridled rages if we angered her, which was intimidating at the very least and often horrifying, leaving us not knowing what she would do."

"I don't know where he gets this about getting beaten," counters Dylan. "We were sent to our rooms sometimes."

"I will not see my family dragged down like this," she adds. "I can't stay silent when my family needs me and I will not abandon them like Soon-Yi and Moses. My brother is dead to me. My mother is so brave and so courageous and taught me what it means to be strong and brave and tell the truth even in the face of these monstrous lies."

Farrow, who declined to respond to Moses's accusations, Tweeted, "I love my daughter. I will always protect her. A lot of ugliness is going to be aimed at me. But this is not about me, it's about her truth."

Moses, a family therapist, says that his own life has been made better by spending time with Allen.

"I think my sister is missing a great deal in life in not reconnecting with her father, who had always adored her," he says. "It’s important that she assert her independence from our mother and not go through life with the false impression that she has been molested by my father. I am very happy I have come into my own power, separating from my mother, which has led to a positive reunion with my father."

'Horrible Tragedy'

Allen's family says that the director is devastated by Dylan's letter.

"This is a horrible, horrible tragedy," Allen's sister Letty Aronson tells PEOPLE. "He feels very badly for Dylan, that she has been so poisoned by her mother."

Dylan, of course, feels very differently.

"I have a wonderful family," she says. "We are brave and we are truthful and anyone who says anything otherwise does not know us."

With reporting by K.C. BAKER

For much more on this story, including details of Dylan's and Woody Allen's lives now and an update on all of Farrow's children, look for this week's issue of People on newsstands Friday

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 10:59am
will this saga ever end?
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 8:24pm

Woody Allen Speaks Out

By WOODY ALLEN

Launch media viewer
Mia Farrow, Woody Allen, and their children Dylan and Ronan, January 1988. Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images

Last Sunday, Nicholas Kristof wrote a column about Dylan Farrow, the adopted daughter of Woody Allen and Mia Farrow. Mr. Allen has written the following response to the column and Dylan’s account.

TWENTY-ONE years ago, when I first heard Mia Farrow had accused me of child molestation, I found the idea so ludicrous I didn’t give it a second thought. We were involved in a terribly acrimonious breakup, with great enmity between us and a custody battle slowly gathering energy. The self-serving transparency of her malevolence seemed so obvious I didn’t even hire a lawyer to defend myself. It was my show business attorney who told me she was bringing the accusation to the police and I would need a criminal lawyer.

I naïvely thought the accusation would be dismissed out of hand because of course, I hadn’t molested Dylan and any rational person would see the ploy for what it was. Common sense would prevail. After all, I was a 56-year-old man who had never before (or after) been accused of child molestation. I had been going out with Mia for 12 years and never in that time did she ever suggest to me anything resembling misconduct. Now, suddenly, when I had driven up to her house in Connecticut one afternoon to visit the kids for a few hours, when I would be on my raging adversary’s home turf, with half a dozen people present, when I was in the blissful early stages of a happy new relationship with the woman I’d go on to marry — that I would pick this moment in time to embark on a career as a child molester should seem to the most skeptical mind highly unlikely. The sheer illogic of such a crazy scenario seemed to me dispositive.

Notwithstanding, Mia insisted that I had abused Dylan and took her immediately to a doctor to be examined. Dylan told the doctor she had not been molested. Mia then took Dylan out for ice cream, and when she came back with her the child had changed her story. The police began their investigation; a possible indictment hung in the balance. I very willingly took a lie-detector test and of course passed because I had nothing to hide. I asked Mia to take one and she wouldn’t. Last week a woman named Stacey Nelkin, whom I had dated many years ago, came forward to the press to tell them that when Mia and I first had our custody battle 21 years ago, Mia had wanted her to testify that she had been underage when I was dating her, despite the fact this was untrue. Stacey refused. I include this anecdote so we all know what kind of character we are dealing with here. One can imagine in learning this why she wouldn’t take a lie-detector test.

Meanwhile the Connecticut police turned for help to a special investigative unit they relied on in such cases, the Child Sexual Abuse Clinic of the Yale-New Haven Hospital. This group of impartial, experienced men and women whom the district attorney looked to for guidance as to whether to prosecute, spent months doing a meticulous investigation, interviewing everyone concerned, and checking every piece of evidence. Finally they wrote their conclusion which I quote here: “It is our expert opinion that Dylan was not sexually abused by Mr. Allen. Further, we believe that Dylan’s statements on videotape and her statements to us during our evaluation do not refer to actual events that occurred to her on August 4th, 1992... In developing our opinion we considered three hypotheses to explain Dylan’s statements. First, that Dylan’s statements were true and that Mr. Allen had sexually abused her; second, that Dylan’s statements were not true but were made up by an emotionally vulnerable child who was caught up in a disturbed family and who was responding to the stresses in the family; and third, that Dylan was coached or influenced by her mother, Ms. Farrow. While we can conclude that Dylan was not sexually abused, we can not be definite about whether the second formulation by itself or the third formulation by itself is true. We believe that it is more likely that a combination of these two formulations best explains Dylan’s allegations of sexual abuse.”

Could it be any clearer? Mr. Allen did not abuse Dylan; most likely a vulnerable, stressed-out 7-year-old was coached by Mia Farrow. This conclusion disappointed a number of people. The district attorney was champing at the bit to prosecute a celebrity case, and Justice Elliott Wilk, the custody judge, wrote a very irresponsible opinion saying when it came to the molestation, “we will probably never know what occurred.”

But we did know because it had been determined and there was no equivocation about the fact that no abuse had taken place. Justice Wilk was quite rough on me and never approved of my relationship with Soon-Yi, Mia’s adopted daughter, who was then in her early 20s. He thought of me as an older man exploiting a much younger woman, which outraged Mia as improper despite the fact she had dated a much older Frank Sinatra when she was 19. In fairness to Justice Wilk, the public felt the same dismay over Soon-Yi and myself, but despite what it looked like our feelings were authentic and we’ve been happily married for 16 years with two great kids, both adopted. (Incidentally, coming on the heels of the media circus and false accusations, Soon-Yi and I were extra carefully scrutinized by both the adoption agency and adoption courts, and everyone blessed our adoptions.)

Mia took custody of the children and we went our separate ways.

I was heartbroken. Moses was angry with me. Ronan I didn’t know well because Mia would never let me get close to him from the moment he was born and Dylan, whom I adored and was very close to and about whom Mia called my sister in a rage and said, “He took my daughter, now I’ll take his.” I never saw her again nor was I able to speak with her no matter how hard I tried. I still loved her deeply, and felt guilty that by falling in love with Soon-Yi I had put her in the position of being used as a pawn for revenge. Soon-Yi and I made countless attempts to see Dylan but Mia blocked them all, spitefully knowing how much we both loved her but totally indifferent to the pain and damage she was causing the little girl merely to appease her own vindictiveness.

Here I quote Moses Farrow, 14 at the time: “My mother drummed it into me to hate my father for tearing apart the family and sexually molesting my sister.” Moses is now 36 years old and a family therapist by profession. “Of course Woody did not molest my sister,” he said. “She loved him and looked forward to seeing him when he would visit. She never hid from him until our mother succeeded in creating the atmosphere of fear and hate towards him.” Dylan was 7, Ronan 4, and this was, according to Moses, the steady narrative year after year.

I pause here for a quick word on the Ronan situation. Is he my son or, as Mia suggests, Frank Sinatra’s? Granted, he looks a lot like Frank with the blue eyes and facial features, but if so what does this say? That all during the custody hearing Mia lied under oath and falsely represented Ronan as our son? Even if he is not Frank’s, the possibility she raises that he could be, indicates she was secretly intimate with him during our years. Not to mention all the money I paid for child support. Was I supporting Frank’s son? Again, I want to call attention to the integrity and honesty of a person who conducts her life like that.

NOW it’s 21 years later and Dylan has come forward with the accusations that the Yale experts investigated and found false. Plus a few little added creative flourishes that seem to have magically appeared during our 21-year estrangement.

Not that I doubt Dylan hasn’t come to believe she’s been molested, but if from the age of 7 a vulnerable child is taught by a strong mother to hate her father because he is a monster who abused her, is it so inconceivable that after many years of this indoctrination the image of me Mia wanted to establish had taken root? Is it any wonder the experts at Yale had picked up the maternal coaching aspect 21 years ago? Even the venue where the fabricated molestation was supposed to have taken place was poorly chosen but interesting. Mia chose the attic of her country house, a place she should have realized I’d never go to because it is a tiny, cramped, enclosed spot where one can hardly stand up and I’m a major claustrophobe. The one or two times she asked me to come in there to look at something, I did, but quickly had to run out. Undoubtedly the attic idea came to her from the Dory Previn song, “With My Daddy in the Attic.” It was on the same record as the song Dory Previn had written about Mia’s betraying their friendship by insidiously stealing her husband, André, “Beware of Young Girls.” One must ask, did Dylan even write the letter or was it at least guided by her mother? Does the letter really benefit Dylan or does it simply advance her mother’s shabby agenda? That is to hurt me with a smear. There is even a lame attempt to do professional damage by trying to involve movie stars, which smells a lot more like Mia than Dylan.

After all, if speaking out was really a necessity for Dylan, she had already spoken out months earlier in Vanity Fair. Here I quote Moses Farrow again: “Knowing that my mother often used us as pawns, I cannot trust anything that is said or written from anyone in the family.” Finally, does Mia herself really even believe I molested her daughter? Common sense must ask: Would a mother who thought her 7-year-old daughter was sexually abused by a molester (a pretty horrific crime), give consent for a film clip of her to be used to honor the molester at the Golden Globes?

Of course, I did not molest Dylan. I loved her and hope one day she will grasp how she has been cheated out of having a loving father and exploited by a mother more interested in her own festering anger than her daughter’s well-being. Being taught to hate your father and made to believe he molested you has already taken a psychological toll on this lovely young woman, and Soon-Yi and I are both hoping that one day she will understand who has really made her a victim and reconnect with us, as Moses has, in a loving, productive way. No one wants to discourage abuse victims from speaking out, but one must bear in mind that sometimes there are people who are falsely accused and that is also a terribly destructive thing. (This piece will be my final word on this entire matter and no one will be responding on my behalf to any further comments on it by any party. Enough people have been hurt.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/opinion/sunday/woody-allen-speaks-out.html?_r=0

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 8:28pm

Here's The 1993 Woody Allen Custody Ruling In Its Damning, Detailed Entirety

Posted: Updated:
Print Article
Main Entry Image

The Huffington Post has obtained the 1993 court ruling denying Woody Allen custody of his three children with Mia Farrow. The ruling, which has been referenced often but has not yet appeared in full online, sheds some light on several questions surrounding Dylan Farrow's allegations that Allen molested her when she was seven years old. While it does not conclude whether Allen molested Farrow, the ruling by Justice Elliott Wilk paints a particularly damning portrayal of Allen the father, describing him as "self-absorbed, untrustworthy and insensitive," and undercuts the claims that Farrow was "brainwashed" by her mother into inventing the tale of her sexual molestation.

Wilk's ruling also calls into question the credibility of the much-cited Yale New Haven Hospital study, released Friday by Radar Online, that concluded that Allen did not molest Farrow and suggested that Farrow was either coached by her mother or merely a vulnerable child who fabricated her claims.

Specifically, Wilk writes:

1. "There is no credible evidence to support Mr. Allen's contention that Ms. Farrow coached Dylan."

2014-02-07-nocrediblewomanscorned.png

2. The Yale New Haven study report is "sanitized and, therefore, less credible" owing to a variety of factors.

2014-02-07-YNH2.png

3. Mia Farrow was "not faultless as a parent," but, "ironically," her "principal shortcoming with respect to responsible parenting appears to have been her continued relationship with Mr. Allen."

2014-02-07-mianotfaultless.png

4. Allen's "self-absorption" and "lack of judgment and his commitment to the continuation of his divisive assault...warrant a careful monitoring of his future contact with the children."

2014-02-07-selfabsorption.png

5. Ultimately, "we will probably never know what occurred on August 4, 1992...[but] Mr. Allen's behavior toward Dylan was grossly inappropriate and...measures must be taken to protect her."

2014-02-07-grosslyinappropriatemeasuresmustbetaken.png

The full 33-page document is embedded below. It is a quick and fascinating read. Dig in.

Allen v. Farrow Custody Ruling, June 7, 1993 by huffpostlive

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/danny-shea/heres-the-1993-woody-alle_b_4746866.html
more
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

Whoopi has really lost my respect since joining the view. First giving a past to a white man saying the "n***er" then she was trying to differentiate between fake rape and real rape, you know "rape rape" Ermm and now this. Welp. Glad Sherri is on the view.

yeah, i seriously can't stand her.  she's always taking the "im not offended" stance in racial topics giving the green light to white ppl to move on and not try to do better.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Feb 08 2014 at 2:20pm
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 2:32pm
*Only read the OP*

Good for her!!!  It is truly sickening that he has been able to go on and live a life of fame, fortune and accolades when it was quite obvious for quite some time that this man was messed up.  This story will pass like other new stories that don't outrage the public but it should.  
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:33pm
So Mia beat the Asians?

And Mia's brother is a convicted pedophile?

And Woody never much cared for Seamus/Satchel/Ronin, even when he was a baby?

And Dory Previn wrote a song about Mia called Beware of Young Girls, that is on the same album as the song With My Daddy in the Attic?

And the son who is now a therapist, who was a teenager and present in the house at the time of the alleged molestation, says it didn't happen and that Mia brainwashed the kids?

And it was Mia who encouraged Woody to spend more time with Soon-Yi because they didn't much care for one another?

Maaaaannnnnnnnn....
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:41pm

Angst-Ridden Humorist

By Jim Jerome

Self-Described as a Neurotic Personality, Woody Allen Pokes Fun at His Paranoia in His New Comic Strip

From PEOPLE Magazine Click to enlarge

"I think I'm being followed. I don't know who is after me. I feel the same anxieties everywhere I go—the country, L.A., Europe. It's a general sense of suspicion, paranoia and fear."

Woody Allen's voice breaks and then rattles nervously into a laugh. He is peering over the balcony of his penthouse apartment, 18 acrophobic floors above Fifth Avenue. Two searchlights sweep the Manhattan skyline, an exhilarating view that fills men with visions of grandeur and omnipotence. Allen merely shivers inside his denim workshirt and cinches his baggy jeans tighter around his scrawny waist. "On the surface of things," he acknowledges, "I have no reason to be this way. I was beaten up the same amount as all the other kids in my neighborhood. With me it's just a genetic dissatisfaction with everything."

But while the other kids on his Brooklyn block schlepped into obscurity, it has been Woody Allen's singular brilliance not to purge his angst but to purvey it. Allen will surely donate his self-lacerating sense of humor to a medical school someday, but already he has given the world a sublimely ridiculous body of work: two hit shows on Broadway; three LPs of nightclub monologues; two best-selling collections of New Yorker and other satires; and, incredibly, seven money-making movies, including last year's smash Love and Death, all of which Allen wrote, directed and starred in himself.

Now, at 40, Allen is still diversifying. This month he plays his first serious movie role in The Front, a McCarthy-era story of showbiz blacklisting which Woody made for director Martin Ritt "because it seemed like a worthwhile project." Less nobly, but more visibly, Allen's consummately klutzy life goes rotogravure next week in a syndicated comic strip titled Inside Woody Allen. Though Woody shrugs it off as "an amusing notion that's purely exploratory for me," the strip has already been bought by an unprecedented 180 newspapers.

Allen has friends among the mighty and access to the most privileged. Last year, for example, he escorted Betty Ford to a Martha Graham dance benefit. "We're just good friends," he cracked at the time of his date with the President's wife. (Now he finds Jimmy Carter the "far superior" candidate.)

By any measurement Woody Allen is Walter Mitty, whose fantasies have only to be named to come true. Yet Woody glumly describes himself as "a neurotic personality prone to depressions and anxieties all the time." After 20 years of Freudian psychoanalysis he has succeeded only in reducing his sessions from five to three a week. "I cannot conceive of living without it," he groans, "but it hasn't helped as much as I'd hoped. In the normal things that trouble everybody—meeting new people, crowds, shyness, human relationships—I haven't made much progress at all."

Even if Woody's minuscule self-image is just another shtik, it's one that no one believes except possibly himself. Allen's friends are unanimously devoted to him. His acting company has worked for him so often it has become an identifiable ensemble. "The most revealing thing," says cartoonist Joe Marthen, who draws Allen's new strip, "is that Woody chooses not to wield the incredible power he has when he works with other people."

In addition to his self-protective humor ("It keeps me from getting too emotional about things"), Allen's defenses against a threatening world include a wimpy rain hat he pulls down over his ears, a nebbish's slouch and a mournful countenance—creating in sum a Chaplinesque getup which has the inevitable effect of attracting more laughs. "It happens all the time," he says, "when I'm playing clarinet [which he does for relaxation at a Manhattan club] or even when I'm just walking down the street."

These days Woody is editing his latest film, a yet untitled "funny and engrossing love story" (as he previews it) co-starring his former lover Diane Keaton and, among others, Paul Simon. "I'll see the film first," he explains, "and then pick a title." That may be the only time Woody sees it, since he never watches his movies after editing. "It would only depress me. I'd say, 'Ohhh, I've screwed up a brilliantly funny concept.' I'd just want to die."

Success, of course, just increases the burdens of Allen's gelt-ridden existence. So while he inhabits an understatedly elegant apartment, decorated with Oriental rugs, Picasso prints and leather-bound books, Woody himself is a study in genteel shabbiness. He is (as only the rich can be) blissfully ignorant of finances, claiming "I haven't cashed a check or been inside a bank in 10 years." Instead he's attended by an accountant and a live-in cook, as well as patient friends who keep him in pocket change.

Allen rises at 6 a.m. these days and whirs maniacally into a schedule that includes, in addition to moviemaking, two hours of daily clarinet practice, tennis twice a week and buying sprees at book and record shops (to hunt down albums by jazz favorites like King Oliver and Jelly Roll Morton). He neither smokes nor drinks nor drives (relying on a limousine) and is turned off by drugs.

Predictably, Woody's frenetic routine has burned all but 120 pounds off his emaciated, 5'6" frame, despite a diet that would throw a sumo wrestler into insulin shock. "I have jelly for breakfast, chocolate bars and cakes with lunch and tons of pie for dinner," he boasts. "I never gain weight. My skin doesn't break out either."

Notwithstanding the remembered agonies of adolescence, Woody is still friends with his parents, a retired jewelry engraver and a bookkeeper, who raised him as Allen Stewart Konigsberg in Brooklyn's Flatbush district. The real question, of course, is how can Mr. and Mrs. Konigsberg forgive their son for one-liners like these: "I was breast-fed on falsies...When I was kidnapped my parents snapped into action; they rented out my room...They believed equally in God and carpeting...This gold watch was sold to me by my grandfather on his deathbed." It is, according to Woody, "just funnier to lean on the dismal side of growing up."

Even as a student "in a school for emotionally disturbed teachers," Woody began mailing in gags to Walter Winchell for a couple of bucks a week. Eventually he made the credits as a $1,700-a-week TV writer for Sid Caesar, Garry Moore and Jack Paar. His movie career began in 1965 when he wrote and co-starred with Peter Sellers in What's New, coochiecat? Along the way Allen's first marriage to a student named Harlene Rosen (she was 17, he was 19) cracked up. Harlene later sued Woody when his nightclub act included such first-wife zingers as "The Museum of Natural History took her shoe and, based on the measurement, they reconstructed a dinosaur."

Postmarital relations are better between Woody and Louise (Mary Hartman) Lasser, who were divorced in 1969 after 11 years together. They are regularly in touch by phone, and Woody praises Louise as "a formidable girl, witty and intelligent, who I knew would make it, even then." Likewise he and Diane Keaton still work well after their 1972 decision that "it wasn't the greatest idea to live together any more."

Woody will admit now only to "dating around" and living with girls for stretches ranging from "two days to two weeks—if you call that living together." Could he possibly have mellowed from the days when his movies rated horniness as a human malaise second only to bubonic plague? "I try to have sex only with women I like a lot," Woody explains solemnly. "Otherwise I find it fairly mechanical." (He has little interest in family life: "It's no accomplishment to have or raise kids. Any fool can do it.")

He goes on: "I'm open-minded about sex. I'm not above reproach; if anything, I'm below reproach. I mean, if I was caught in a love nest with 15 12-year-old girls tomorrow, people would think, yeah, I always knew that about him." Allen pauses. "Nothing I could come up with would surprise anyone," he ventures helplessly. "I admit to it all."

More in the Archive

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20066950,00.html

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon