Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Men With Attractive Wives Report Higher Levels Of
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Men With Attractive Wives Report Higher Levels Of

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Men With Attractive Wives Report Higher Levels Of
    Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:30pm
Happy wife, happy life? Not anymore -- a new study suggests it’s an attractive wife that leads to a satisfying marriage.

In the study, which was recently published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, psychologist Andrea Meltzer tracked over 450 newlywed couples during the course of four years and posed the question: does a good-looking spouse lead to a more satisfying union?

What Meltzer and her team discovered was that spousal attractiveness does play a major role in marital satisfaction -- but only for men. In other words, men care about looks more than women do.

The authors write, "The significant effect of wives’ attractiveness on husbands’ satisfaction was significantly stronger than the nonsignificant effect of husbands’ attractiveness on wives’ satisfaction, indicating that partner physical attractiveness played a larger role in predicting husbands’ marital satisfaction than it did in predicting wives’ marital satisfaction."

Interestingly, the attractive wives also reported higher levels of satisfaction, all because having a happy hubby made them happier too.

A study conducted in 2008 at the Relationship Institute at UCLA reached a similar finding. Researchers theorized that men who felt they "lucked out" by marrying attractive wives were happier and more likely to care about their wives' needs -- and in turn, the good-looking wives were happier in the relationship as well.

“The husbands seemed to be basically more committed, more invested in pleasing their wives when they felt that they were getting a pretty good deal,” study author Benjamin Karney explained.

Karney said the opposite occurred when the husbands felt they were better looking than their wives, explaining, "They didn’t seem to be quite as motivated to help out their wives when they were more attractive than their wives."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/19/marriage-study_n_4299002.html

Talk about it BHM

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:44pm
Who are the three women that one star this thread? Are those jimmies rustled, I'm pretty sure, but...
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:47pm
so men care about attractiveness in their spouse but women dont?

lies
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

so men care about attractiveness in their spouse but women dont?

lies

I don't think that's a lie per se.

Now the men w/unattractive wives---did these men settle? Do men settle?  

This study reminds me of that Trophy song by Future ft. Kanye West which I had the misfortune to hear for 30 seconds today.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:58pm
^^you made me google the lyricsDead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:04pm
I just read those lyrics smfh! Now, aren't those some chauvinistic lyrics to say to the woman who birth your child. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:17pm
i meannn...iono lol....
this sounds like a personal problem really....

why are guys out here settling for wives they feel are unattractive in the first place?...it must be the best they can do...

biological clock ticking/running out or wha? why settle? 

Edited by ModelessDiva - Apr 27 2014 at 5:23pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

i meannn...iono lol....
this sounds like a personal problem really....

why are guys out here settling for wives they feel are unattractive in the first place?...it must be the best they can do...

biological clock ticking/running out or wha? why settle? 

It's the best they can get that would either put up with them or actually like them. Usual causes why men settle.
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:48pm
I think this applies to women who think they don't have to keep up their looks after a certain period in the marriage or after their first child or second child...  Not rocket science.

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 5:52pm
Both ppl should work to stay attractive in their SO eyes and their own. However, both sides sometimes get comfortable/lazy in various ways that change how they see one another.

Today bhm has taught me that a happy marriage consists of an avg size peen and decent looking wife. Who knew.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic