Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
barbi53657 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: men and your money
    Posted: Jun 01 2007 at 5:28pm

So this week I have decided to go follow throttle with the rules...Well I posted about this guy I went out with once walking for 3hrs and dinner which he paid for and our drinks after which I paid for wrong.  Well this week he has been asking to meet for lunch since I am on vacation.  He asked me Wednesday and thursday but I was truly busy...So we said we would do it today so I stay home to rest and clean my place.  I get a call of him tell me that he cant make it because he has to go to the bank during his lunch hour.... Still no mention of a weekend date... So I have decided to turn off my phone for the rest of this weekend.  Something isnt vining well with me and him last week we hung out tuesday and thursday but again no mention a weekend date.. I have decided not more week day dates for me.. I know he lives in LI and I live in manhattan. However he has mentioned that he has driven to NJ to hang out with friends so that is the lease that he can do for me....

Not to mention he is always mentioning $$.... ie mentioning that he had bad credit which has cleaned up...

He is looking to start a new business do I know where he can get a grant from... I am a doctor I dont know ANYTHING ABOUT BUSINESS

Or he paid his credit card yet the credit card company said that he didnt pay it...

This was all in our 1 hr convo today...I am just reading too much into it?

Sponsored Links

QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2007 at 7:18pm
Go with your intuition.  If you feel something is not quite right, it's probably not right.  Listening to that "irking feeling".  Considering he can never make weekend dates  would leave me to believe he has girlfriend or family that he spends time with on the weekend.

The money thing is a red flag.  It's almost as if he's trying to bait you to divulge your financial situation or sly hoping you will say "Hey, I'll let you have/loan money for your situation".   His financial situation according to him seems like it's not that stable ie bills, debts, bad credit.  Honestly, that's how it usually start some sob story and then women end up giving the guy money to "help him out"---it happens all the time on Judge Judy. 

Edited by QueenBee - Jun 01 2007 at 7:24pm
oneone1onezero0 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2007 at 10:54pm
Red flag.  BS alert high.  Run, don't walk, away.
cityvixen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2007 at 11:13pm
he might be cheap.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2007 at 6:25am
Yeah maybe he is just cheap;however I dont understand how guys who live with their parent who likely only pay a small portion of the rent dont have money.

I will give him another two weeks then bail on this situation.
Two weeks because I am actually going away next week to Bahamas so I will be away over the weekend...
Secondily my birthday is the 11th of this month so I am going to see if he does ANYTHING at all for birthday: a card, a bunch of flowers from the local store which has two dozen roses from $10- 12 which only last like 3 days.

Edited by barbi53657 - Jun 02 2007 at 6:28am
QueenSonia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2007 at 6:50am
Keep Moving!!!  All the signs are there that this situation only gets worse.Thumbs%20Down
Kym View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2007 at 6:59am

Yes, I also smell a rat.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2007 at 7:09am
I want to ask him about the weekend thing but I am afraid I will look desperate
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2007 at 8:03am
Originally posted by barbi53657 barbi53657 wrote:

I want to ask him about the weekend thing but I am afraid I will look desperate

This may sound harsh.   Girl, give your head a shake.  Everything you mentioned about this man indicates he's trifling. You setting yourself up for drama because your women's intuition is telling you the real deal and you are CHOOSING to ignore it.  That's what's wrong with us women we will ignore our intuitions and make excuses to pursue or continue in a relationship. Thus, turn around and bitch about how we got played or were in a bad relationship.

Honestly, I would turn my phone off for the weekend.  I would be busy during the week.  I wouldn't even go out with him until it's a weekend date.  Seriously, this dudes actions is almost a sure sign you are the other woman.  (I'm speaking from experience).
Joi77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2007 at 8:57am
^^ I agree with QueenBee. As another person speaking from experience, I know my ex-husband did something similar to his "other women".  I couldn't understand how some of his extravagant purchases were being financed until I realized he was cheating with a couple of well-to-do women.  I talked to one and your story sounds just like her side.  I wouldn't mess with him. 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic