FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Memphis, TN

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memphis, TN
    Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 3:27pm
What's it like?

My job wants me to go on a year long detail there. I'm considering it bc nyc gonna suck my finances dry and it would be nice to have a change of pace

the only place I've lived outside of new York was Miami and even that seemed pretty slow after a little while

Is there a lot to do??
Sponsored Links

newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 3:48pm
No. Not much to do at all. Try to live out East or in Olive Branch, TN. I lived in Memphis for 26 years before moving to Nashville. I could not see myself moving back. I visit my family and friends often though, but never want to move back.
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

What's it like?

My job wants me to go on a year long detail there. I'm considering it bc nyc gonna suck my finances dry and it would be nice to have a change of pace

the only place I've lived outside of new York was Miami and even that seemed pretty slow after a little while

Is there a lot to do??

No, not a lot to do. 

I'd consider Memphis on the slow side, especially compared to cities like Miami and NYC.  

There are some things to do in Memphis, depending on your interests. It has some nice shopping and restaurant areas, if you know where to look, but the city is mainly known for its history (the civil rights museum). imo downtown memphis (Beale Street) is nice - it has a very busy night life. 

What area are you considering? 
oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 8:49pm
You'll save a ton of money bc compared to NYC and MIA, super cheap.

There aren't a ton of things to do but you are 5 hours from ATL and 3.25 from Nashville.

If u stay east as recommended, slower pace.
But some parts of the downtown area are really flourishing... slowly but surely. Fedex Forum, Beale St and Mud Island are some hot spots.

I'm from Memphis. It will be a culture shock for sure but if you're looking for a slower pace, I don't think you will hate it. It'll be different but not terrible different.

Plus TN doesn't have state income tax.

Edited by oh_so_moody - Nov 17 2013 at 8:51pm
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 8:51pm
The change of pace would be something to adapt to but if the pay was the same Id go for the purpose of saving up some money alone. The only way that choice would be come hard would be if theres kids and a hubby to think about... if single and childless id be out.
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 10:21pm
thanks!

I've never been to Memphis so I don't know which area to consider

I might go for a trip in early december
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com