Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Mega-Tek

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Author
sweetvirgo2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sweetvirgo2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 7:39pm
Been using 2 weeks I think its working
Sponsored Links

Lightangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 9:37am

Hi ladies,

I’ve been using Megatek on and off for over two years. Initially I was using the product undiluted on my scalp every night, I noticed that it was causing excessive shedding. After that I started using the product diluted in castor oil/jojoba oil mix every other day only. Have absolutely no issues using Megatek like that, additionally I mixed it with my deep conditioner. I think Megatek is a great product when used correctly, you just need to find out what works for your hair Smile

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 9:58am
Originally posted by joy6899 joy6899 wrote:

Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Yep that makes ya think doesn't it? 
I recommend only using this once a week if you must use it. Personally I feel there are much better products on the market, tested for human use. This product may add strength to your hair, but it does not make the hair grow from the root. Massaging your scalp daily with EVOO, CO, or grapeseed oil would produce better results for stimulating growth.

i disagree.

I actually used it and took pictures to help me compare. my starting picture my hair in the front was at the tip of my nose, three weeks and three days later that hair was at the bottom of my chin. that was the only thing in my hair regime that i changed. the one i have does have that safe for humans label on it

i used it everday applying it to my scalp in the morning and at night. I did mix in some JBCO with it. This product works for some and not for others. don't discount it and try to act your your an authority on all things hair growth.

Wow!
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:38am
Originally posted by joy6899 joy6899 wrote:

Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Yep that makes ya think doesn't it? 
I recommend only using this once a week if you must use it. Personally I feel there are much better products on the market, tested for human use. This product may add strength to your hair, but it does not make the hair grow from the root. Massaging your scalp daily with EVOO, CO, or grapeseed oil would produce better results for stimulating growth.

i disagree.

I actually used it and took pictures to help me compare. my starting picture my hair in the front was at the tip of my nose, three weeks and three days later that hair was at the bottom of my chin. that was the only thing in my hair regime that i changed. the one i have does have that safe for humans label on it

i used it everday applying it to my scalp in the morning and at night. I did mix in some JBCO with it. This product works for some and not for others. don't discount it and try to act your your an authority on all things hair growth.
People disagree all day no big deal. I do not have to ACT any type of way, because I am educated professionally (not from the internet only) in haircare (growth included). This product is okay but it does not grow hair, so I will discount it in that sense. It is, as I said, a good protein strengthening product that will coat your hair strands and allow you to hopefully retain more growth. And JBCO is a good oil but regular castor oil is just as good and less expensive. Castor oil coats the hair strands and make it appear thicker. But it does not make hair thicker permanently. The problem with megatek is that, because it is not last I checked marketed for human usage, there are no directions for using it on human hair. So people make up their own usage directions as they go. This can lead to protein overload, especially if you are not shampooing your hair frequently.....If you do not like my post responses just skip over them when you see my user name. Blessings to you.Big smile
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:57am
It seems to be working for me as far as detangling and I have noticed a little growth in the crown area.  Ive been mixing it with my Dove conditioner and water.  I havent experienced any excessive shedding from it.  I only use it once a week sometimes once every two weeks. 
ClassicBeautee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBeautee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 6:27pm
I use it but I haven't noticed any significant changes.. my hair is growing at its regular rate...
ms_vicky_diva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_vicky_diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 2:25am
It has been working nicely for me.  I thought I had permanently lost a lot of my hair in the top and also the hairline due to years of abrasive braids.  The Mega-Tek filled in the hair loss in the top as though it never existed.  My hairline now has "fuzz".  That is, it is starting to grow back.  All of this in about a year...
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 9:59am
i use it mixed with a moisturizing conditioner whenever i co-wash every 3 days.  I did not think this stuff would work.  when i went on Amazon.com and read over 3 pages of good reviews on humans, i thought i'd give it a try.

I also use it in an everyday concoction consisting of a water based moisturizer/peppermint/sulfur/megatek.  Then seal with JBCO.

For the last year my sides and crown have grown in.  This is definitely one of my staples.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic