Topic ClosedMegatek/Ovation Weave Growth Challenge 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 62>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Galeb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2009 at 4:31pm
Thanks Sayra718, I'm getting some too. My hair is very thin, especially the edges. I usually only keep my weaves in for about a month and wash my hair about evey 2 weeks, is 2 weeks to long to leave it on my hair without washing it? I'll probably miX mine with castor oil, and I also moisterize my scalp with tee tree oil mixed with shea butter, mango buttter and castor oil. My hair is natural, and I've noticed my edges start standing up on me after 2 or 3 weeks. i will leave some out next time and use it on my leave out and edges definitely.
Sponsored Links

Sayra718 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2009 at 5:11pm
Galeb, most of us do every OTHER day.  You might have to wash once a week, if the oil gets on your weave.  You could mix the MT with what you moisturize your scalp with.  Kill 2 birds with one stone. 
Galeb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2009 at 6:22pm
Thanks for the info.
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2009 at 9:02pm
sooo... idk if it's superstition, but im startin 2 feel like my edges are gettin thicker. I've only been usin it like 2 weeks, so I"m sure it's my imagination... thought i'd share that little tidbit...

back 2 the regularly scheduled program... lol
jamaicalovely View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2009 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

Is it creamy?? Do you alternate between this and the MT? 
Originally posted by jamaicalovely jamaicalovely wrote:

Tropical Scent, but I heard that Love Spell is popular.

Claudie's Elxir is oily.   Yes, I alternate every 3 days.
jamaicalovely View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2009 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by KurlieBeautie KurlieBeautie wrote:

sooo... idk if it's superstition, but im startin 2 feel like my edges are gettin thicker. I've only been usin it like 2 weeks, so I"m sure it's my imagination... thought i'd share that little tidbit...

back 2 the regularly scheduled program... lol

No, its not your imagination.  I had a crazy growth spurt when I first used it.
for1qt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 8:53am
Finally!! I took my extensions out last night! I am now all natural, Yea!!  The rest of my hair I ordered still hasn't arrived for my install yet but I was laid off Thursday so I can look like who done it for a couple of days. Here is the link to my fotki.  
I'm Ready!

Password is: growth

edited hyper link

Edited by for1qt - Jan 17 2009 at 9:01am
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 9:07am
Hey ladies -

I've been so busy with work I haven't had a chance for hair fun!  Looks like everyone is getting along with their MT/OCT/Claudie's just fine.  See JamLov - you shouldn't have mentioned the Claudie's girl you are going to make me want to try it.  Dang...gotta control the PJ in me.

So I'm still using my OCT/MT sulfur mix which includes grapeseed, peppermint oil, but now I've added some Aloe Vera Gel....mucho mucho, muccopolysacchrides.....kinda like the stuff that SURGE had in it.  I've used up one bottle of OCT - from the 2 bottles I ordered the first week of November.  Now I have like 1/2 a bottle left of the other bottle of OCT, my MT is gone.  I ordered another one and I'm on the fence as to whether I want to order more OCT. 

This weave FINALLY comes out Friday, January 23 - after 11 weeks!!  I'm going to do a henna Friday night and sleep with my hair all hennaed up. Saturday morning, I will wash out the henna do a  deep condish treatment then off to the dominicans for excessive heat - roller set and a fry out LOL(blow out) do a length check and then Sunday I reinstall my weave.  I love the dominicans but the heat!!!!!Dead  It's going to a weekend of all about my hair which is truly so sad, it's too dang time consuming, but once my hair gets to MBL....I'm not going to weave up anymore....I hope!
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 9:11am
Originally posted by for1qt for1qt wrote:

Finally!! I took my extensions out last night! I am now all natural, Yea!!  The rest of my hair I ordered still hasn't arrived for my install yet but I was laid off Thursday so I can look like who done it for a couple of days. Here is the link to my fotki.  
I'm Ready!

Password is: growth

edited hyper link

Hey girl, I'm sorry to hear you got laid off - when God closes one door he's sure to open up another...I try to believe that.  By the way good starting point for your hair....all natural without a doubt your hair will thrive!  You are in good growing company cuz' Ms. JamLovely is motivating us all to grow it out in 2009!
for1qt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 9:19am

Thanks Talia- I really believe God for a better opportunity. I have not allowed myself to cry or feel sorry for myself because I believe that I'm moving on to greater things. I appreciate the encouragement. I am excited for the hair growth encouragement too!Thumbs%20Up

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 62>
  Share Topic