FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MegaTek Changed Ingredients?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2011 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by glamrock glamrock wrote:

thank you to the member that contacted the store for clarification. has anyone contacted Eqyss directly to discuss the ingredient list yet?
I plan to draft a letter and ask specifically of Eqyss the details.  If enough of us ask perhaps they will post info on their website.
Sponsored Links

VeeVee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeVee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2011 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by MiZzChRiSsEe MiZzChRiSsEe wrote:

I got in contact with the store that sold the MT. When Eqyss was contacted about this, they said that it's the same formula but their old labels were wrong. Here is a copy & paste from the email I got back:

After receiving your e-mail I got on the phone to Eqyss to find out the scoop on the labels and ingredients. The formula for Mega Tek has not changed. They did have to revamp the labels according to the EPA international standards. The way it was explained to me, is that the original label on the old bottles, the ingredients were not listed properly. The new labels are listed properly and with the names of ingredients used worldwide.

So apparently MT listed the ingredients wrong on the old bottles...Ermm. I'm not sure if I believe this... What do you ladies think?

That is what I was told... my boss called Eqyss and they told her that the formula for hasn't changed. They did have to revamp the labels according to the EPA international standards. The way it was explained to her was the the original label on the old bottles didn't list the ingredients properly. The new labels are supposed to have everything listed properly and with the names of ingredients used worldwide. Confused
VeeVee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeVee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2011 at 10:33pm
I just bought me a gallon with the old label just to be on the safe side! Thumbs Up
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2011 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by VeeVee VeeVee wrote:

Originally posted by MiZzChRiSsEe MiZzChRiSsEe wrote:

I got in contact with the store that sold the MT. When Eqyss was contacted about this, they said that it's the same formula but their old labels were wrong. Here is a copy & paste from the email I got back:

After receiving your e-mail I got on the phone to Eqyss to find out the scoop on the labels and ingredients. The formula for Mega Tek has not changed. They did have to revamp the labels according to the EPA international standards. The way it was explained to me, is that the original label on the old bottles, the ingredients were not listed properly. The new labels are listed properly and with the names of ingredients used worldwide.

So apparently MT listed the ingredients wrong on the old bottles...Ermm. I'm not sure if I believe this... What do you ladies think?

That is what I was told... my boss called Eqyss and they told her that the formula for hasn't changed. They did have to revamp the labels according to the EPA international standards. The way it was explained to her was the the original label on the old bottles didn't list the ingredients properly. The new labels are supposed to have everything listed properly and with the names of ingredients used worldwide. Confused
There are new laws on Consumer/Product Safety and this may have more validity than I initially wanted to believe.  If this is true, I wonder if the OCT bottles have been changed to reflect the proper order.  Previously the comparison was very very close less 1 ingredient  (if I remember correctly).
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2011 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Lwhite1960 Lwhite1960 wrote:

Okay I went to a local Farm store. They sell mostly feed, but they had Megatek for 23.99. It is the old stuff, so yea! I'm good to go for now. They changed more than 2 ingredients, I have the new and now the old formula.

Old Formula

New Formula

Deionized water

Deionized water

Hydrolyzed keratin proteins

Stearalkoniom chloride

Stearalkoniom chloride

Glyceryl stearate

Glyceryl stearate

Cetearyl alcohol

Peg 100 stearate

Peg 40 caster oil

Marine protein

Cetrimonium chloride

Peg 40 panthenal

Hydrolyzed keratin

Dimethicone copolyol

Panthenol

Magnesium citrate

Tocopheryl acetate

Allanton

DM DM hydantoin

Amino acids

Methylparaben

Methylparaben

Propylparaben

Mucopolysaccharides

Tetrasodium EDTA

Propylparaben

Fragrance

Imidazol-idnyl urea

Fragrance

They have changed it so much the name should change as well. Damn shame

This is from OCT's ingredient list/page/website
Purified Water
Stearalkonium Chloride
Glycerol Monostearate
Cetearyl Alcohol* Derived from Palm Oil
Castor Oil Ethoxylate(40)
Cetyltrimethylammonium Chloride
dl-Pantothenyl Alcohol
Hydrolized Keratin Protein
Tocopheryl Acetate
DMDM Hydantoin
Methylparaben
Propylparaben
Tetrasodium EDTA
Fragrance

Benefits

Edited by missyo67 - Apr 26 2011 at 4:06pm
lilpooky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilpooky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2011 at 6:55pm
The new formula basically has the same ingredients as the OCT. I just may go ahead and buy some Mega-tek anyway whether it's the old formula or not. It couldn't hurt, especially if it's just the same formula anyway after correcting the list of ingredients on the label. HHG!
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 7:35am
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

Originally posted by Lwhite1960 Lwhite1960 wrote:

Okay I went to a local Farm store. They sell mostly feed, but they had Megatek for 23.99. It is the old stuff, so yea! I'm good to go for now. They changed more than 2 ingredients, I have the new and now the old formula.

Old Formula

New Formula

Deionized water

Deionized water

Hydrolyzed keratin proteins

Stearalkoniom chloride

Stearalkoniom chloride

Glyceryl stearate

Glyceryl stearate

Cetearyl alcohol

Peg 100 stearate

Peg 40 caster oil

Marine protein

Cetrimonium chloride

Peg 40 panthenal

Hydrolyzed keratin

Dimethicone copolyol

Panthenol

Magnesium citrate

Tocopheryl acetate

Allanton

DM DM hydantoin

Amino acids

Methylparaben

Methylparaben

Propylparaben

Mucopolysaccharides

Tetrasodium EDTA

Propylparaben

Fragrance

Imidazol-idnyl urea

Fragrance

They have changed it so much the name should change as well. Damn shame

This is from OCT's ingredient list/page/website
Purified Water
Stearalkonium Chloride
Glycerol Monostearate
Cetearyl Alcohol* Derived from Palm Oil
Castor Oil Ethoxylate(40)
Cetyltrimethylammonium Chloride
dl-Pantothenyl Alcohol
Hydrolized Keratin Protein
Tocopheryl Acetate
DMDM Hydantoin
Methylparaben
Propylparaben
Tetrasodium EDTA
Fragrance

Benefits

Okay so the consensus is that the formula has not changed. It now aligns with the ovation label.

Great!

MommaK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MommaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 7:44am
Originally posted by VeeVee VeeVee wrote:

I just bought me a gallon with the old label just to be on the safe side! Thumbs Up
This is what I think I'm going to do.
Sanders1273 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanders1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 10:34am
I just purchase from the Original Horse Tack Company through Amazon, and I called the store and had the lady read me the list of ingredients and it was the old one. 27.00 with free shipping!
Lilacflower1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilacflower1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2011 at 9:32pm
This product never worked for my hair either way it goes.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>