Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

mega hair loss/breakage post pregnancy

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
hairforgood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairforgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mega hair loss/breakage post pregnancy
    Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 4:54pm
help!! i am losing A LOT of hair now that i've given birth...during my pregnancy my hair was growing a lot and got very, very thick...however now nothing but breaking during the week and then on wash day, i lose hair in the shower.  i even have a bald spot on my left temple.

dont know what to do or how to curb this...i've been so busy with the baby that i stopped taking my vitamins when they ran out, but re-ordered and started them again.  other than that, i am just watching my hair fall out daily...please help anyone with advice...thank you
Sponsored Links

Loveverythinghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loveverythinghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 8:05pm
You may be experiencing Postpartum alopecia.
Some women experience (PA) after having a baby.
However it is totally normal. During pregnancy the hair stays longer (anagen stage),then after childbirth the hair enters into the telogen phase.
The loss of hair is the result of the body hormonal balance returning to it's previous state.

What type of hair care products are you using?

You should also google postpartum alopecia for more information.

If you think this is not the case,try getting some products to treat the hair loss,such as thickening agent.
Some shampoos and conditioners contain this.
Susanmon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susanmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 5:02am
I used the Postpartum alopecia.
My friend has a baby also use it.
Good luck to you!

---------------------
Enjoy here
Online shop to Buy Diablo 3 Gold
http://www.salediablo3.com/buy-diablo3-gold/
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 12:49pm
Go to the doctor and have a hormone panel/bloodwork done.  You may need EFA/DHA as well as other nutrients depleted by the baby.  Chances are you vitamin d3 levels are low.  Also have a thyroid panel done (get printed results) as your hormones are affected/controlled by your thyroid.  Natural Progesterone (BHRT) may be needed. Topical products will not produce the best results if there is an underlying medical issue.  Good Luck and Congrats on the new baby!!
MayM2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayM2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 9:40pm
This might really be postpartum alopecia. Naturalists recommend a truly healthy diet to restore nutrients that the hair needs. Make sure you include good vitamins like vitamins A, B6, B12. Zinc is also essential to make hair follicles healthy. Use mild shampoos for your hair. Two ingredients in shampoos are silica and biotin. And, when you comb your hair, do it gently. Hope this helps. :)
sydney07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sydney07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 4:54am
Postpartum hair loss is a normal - and temporary - postpartum change that is unrelated to breastfeeding. Most women will return to their usual hair growth cycle between 6 and 12 months after birth. 

Many new moms notice hair loss - sometimes quite dramatic - around three months postpartum. This is a normal - and temporary - postpartum change that is unrelated to breastfeeding. 

Following is how the hair growth cycle works: 

All hair has a growth phase, termed anagen, and a resting phase, telogen. On the scalp, anagen lasts approximately 3 years, while telogen lasts roughly 3 months, although there can be wide variation in these times between individuals. During telogen, the resting hair remains in the follicle until it is pushed out by growth of a new anagen hair. 

Normally, around 85-95% of your hair is in the growth phase at any point in time, but the hormonal changes during pregnancy stimulate an increase in the percentage of hairs in the growth phase. As a result, many women enjoy thicker hair during pregnancy, as more hairs than normal are growing and fewer than normal are resting/shedding. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply