BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Meet Taylor Moxley: 8 Year Old Pastry Chef

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meet Taylor Moxley: 8 Year Old Pastry Chef
    Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:38pm
http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/06/yes-can-meet-taylor-moxey-8-year-old-pastry-chef/
Yes She Can: Meet Taylor Moxey, The 8-Year-Old Pastry Chef
by Clutch — Jun 10, 2014

Most 8-year-old children aren’t busy with running their own pastry business. But 8-year-old Taylor Moxey isn’t like most children. In the words of Jay Z, Taylor is a  business, man. Taylor is  a pastry chef from Miami, and starting out by selling cupcakes at her church, which turned into having private clients! Need I remind you this is an 8-year-old?

Taylor decided to start her business after her father insisted that she figured out how to come up with money for a doll she wanted.  Want a doll? Start a business. So Taylor did just that.

From ABC News:

“If I have a client on Tuesday, say my dad picks me up at like 1 and then we go to my house and we get the ingredients ready and start baking and by the time it’s done and we deliver it, I go to dance,” Taylor told ABC News about juggling her schedule.

She’s still in elementary school, after all, so homework and other extracurricular activities can sometimes get in the way of maximizing profit.

[...]

“Her mom and I gave her a loan of $40 and said she can pay it back. We were confident she’d make $40 but we thought that’d be the extent of it,” Moxey said. “But that Sunday at church she made $175 selling the cupcakes. We were blown away.”

Rather than buying the doll she had earned, Taylor chose to use the profits to buy business cards and start a real pastry business.

“She started passing the cards out as ‘Taylor the Chef,’” Moxey explained. “My phone number was on them, so people started calling, and all of a sudden I’m getting cupcake orders. And it’s just spiraled.”

To say Taylor has moxie, would be an understatement!

You can follow Taylor on Instagram and Twitter.

Edited by CherryBlossom - Jun 10 2014 at 1:59pm
Sponsored Links

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:43pm
very good....i know mom/dad are monitoring every order/phone calls...good luck to her

she will be paying for her own college education or at least some of it if she budgets correctly...

175 in one day...
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:44pm
That's cool.. So many lesson in this.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:45pm
good...she start from young. keep it up TaylorThumbs Up
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:46pm
read about this yesterday

Man, I love good parenting!
Meme0887 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Meme0887 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:48pm
She should go on Masterchef Junior
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:53pm
I'm sure Miami has some great pastry schools she can advance her skills....
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:56pm
Thumbs Up Starting off young! Hopefully her parents are setting some of the money she makes aside in a savings account for her.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:56pm
now this is heart warming 

She's getting it early! Go 'head Miss Taylor!
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 2:33pm

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic