BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Medical billing/coding as a "career"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

All the ladies at my company have been with the company well over 20 years. Half the team works remote at home and the other half come in if they choose. MY other co-worker told me at her previous job coders got paid extremely well and they had a super awesome training program. 

Modeless im not sure about the program to get certified but I know those women at work are always going on some type of vacation. They get bonuses 2ce a year and it ain't no little bonus.

dangg really?

i wish there were a way to find out for sure...i'd hate to do this and not find anything...
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 9:51pm

suga i heard the tuition can be very costly...

eta: i just saw a program for $4000 which isnt too bad but i wonder if its legit or not

Edited by ModelessDiva - Jan 21 2014 at 9:52pm
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 9:53pm
modeless, my exbff who did it.. i dont remember exactly how much but i think it was pricey.. i know she had to get a loan.. like definitely more than double 4k.. and hers was like several months. 

but ive seen places where its only like 3 months and like 3k.. 
Soulful Beauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Soulful Beauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Soulful Beauty Soulful Beauty wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Two questions:

1.) I read to skip the"billing" part and go straight into medical coding...true?

2.) I also read that more often than not those 6 months programs wont land you a job...and that its a waste of money...no? yes?

thanks in advance

For the school I went to billing and coding was one program. Maybe other places have it separately.
And my program was six months too. They found me a job, but it wasn't even a billing or coding job.

what was the job?

Medical records coordinator. It was a small office and they already had two billers. Still looking for that coding job now.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

modeless, my exbff who did it.. i dont remember exactly how much but i think it was pricey.. i know she had to get a loan.. like definitely more than double 4k.. and hers was like several months. 

but ive seen places where its only like 3 months and like 3k.. 

yea im scared now...lol

ill have to keep researching
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 10:06pm
Guys why don't you get a job at a hospital/medical company for any entry level position then get the company to pay for your course through tuition reimbursement. I know its a hassle but I would rather do that than give Sallie mae another gotdang dime. 
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 10:06pm
im guessing after you do a 6 month certification program, nobody hires someone with no experience. 
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

im guessing after you do a 6 month certification program, nobody hires someone with no experience. 

Bunzzzz there's no such thing as no experience. Holla at me I'll verify your experience. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 10:07pm

did your program cost a lot soufulbeauty?
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

if you can get hired by your externship site.. thats usually your best bet 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>