Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Medical billing/coding as a "career"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lexis83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexis83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 5:03pm
In San Antonio, Texas, that's not bad $. People making $30k a year, (and even less), regurlarly buy 2000+ sf ,brick homes in good neighborhoods.

WOW
Sponsored Links

foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 7:30pm
Hmmm......
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 7:44pm
I think the experience part is where you will get all tangled up.  I just checked for my area and most want 1 or 3years experience for the billing part...sigh. 
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 7:47pm
Foxy dont get hung up on what they say about years of experience. That stuff never flys. Go to the interview confident and show them you know your stuff.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 7:48pm
Cream way to go!! Show the little grasshoppers the way. This field will never go away. Take advantage and network. I used to hate networking but its really beneficial. If I knew there was a position at my job and I met someone yesterday that fit the qualifications...Then I'm referring them. hint hint $2500 referral fee. Some people are snobs about the whole referral thing but like I said just network.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 8:02pm
Cream do you know anything about Cancer Registrars or CTR certification? Someone else mentioned it to me and I'm trying to gather more information on whether it's a good field to get into.
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 8:25pm
I am on the AMBA site and just trying to figure out how the whole online thing could be a clusterfunk.  I have time on my job that I could get this certification but AMBA is even giving a disclaimer of some sort that they are not even offering you everything you would need to take the exam.
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 8:27pm
What are some other medical field carers that have little amount of schooling?
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 8:27pm
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 10:27pm
What do y'all think about going billing and coding classes online?

Honestly, I MUCH prefer to take actual classes in person. The idea of an online class seems so impersonal and passive, I feel as if I'd forget what I learned because the internet is a passive pastime to me.

BUT local education institutions want $15k for a full term courses in person while these classes from accredited organizations like AAPC and AHIMA will charge in the hundreds to about $3k.

If I do it online, I'm afraid I'll look far less experienced on paper to potential job prospects.. plus I don't think I'd have the choice of taking an externship. But these courses being done through AAPC or AHIMA may also make up for that.

Edited by Midna - Apr 10 2014 at 10:32pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>