Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - McDonald’s Worker Arrested After Confronting...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

McDonald’s Worker Arrested After Confronting...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 8:48am
Get some converse at sears...they are usually on sale for $19.
Sponsored Links

Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 10:20am
I love me some ice cube he's always been an intelligent brother
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 10:28am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Cream you can't understand it because you made up your conclusions based on what you read INTO the thread and many others.  Your shock is hysterically funny to me right now because you've typed so shocked so many times before about the same thing.  We get it.   We're killing the black community with our enabling ass enabling.  Nobody is mad.  Type away.  I do it all the time. 

Anyway, the people over there in your imaginary thread can't answer in here.  Some kind of mix up with the universes or something.  Go figure. 

i just loved kfoxx a little more
juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

cc I know why you didn't understand the Mercedes analogy.   The bible don't say nothin about go forth and buy luxury carsLOL

Oh, folks following The Bible when it comes to being fruitful, but the parts about marriage, adultery, laziness, etc. can be conveniently ignored?

It's humorous how folks, (myself included),  pick and chose which parts of The Bible we can use to justify our actions.

A person " be fruitful and multiply" by someone they're not married to, multiple times, not work and leech off "the system", but some folks ignore the adultery and sloth aspects of the situation but screech that the "fruitful" part is perfectly ok because The Bible said so. LOL

I seriously enjoy BHM. If it wasn't for BHM, I wouldn't know that there were so many seemingly educated and successful folks that support the rights of criminals, leeches, self destructive behavior, the "baby mama/daddy" epidemic,people not striving for better, people having no sense of pride, accountability and self sufficiency, to the point you would think they hope Black people will continue to fail.

So many Black leaders fought and died for us to have the right to get educations, get a fair wage, work jobs that weren't accessible to Blacks, fair loan rates for home ownership ,etc., and now we have folks that continue to pat folks on the back for not even attempting to exercise their rights that those leaders gave their lives for.

It comes across as either; enabling and encouragement of failure for whatever inconceivable reason or a purposeful attempt to widen the financial  distance between themselves and the poor, by dayum near telling them it's perfectly fine to do things that detriment their lives.CONTINUOUSLY.

And then get angry at folks that want to see poor/uneducated folks at least TRY to improve the situations that they whine and moan about.

I'm glad I don't associate with folks that every time I make a detrimental decision,(that 99% of the time, the outcome was predictable), tell me it's perfectly fine, don't worry about it, keep up the good work, other folks should mind their business, the Government, The Bible, the Man In The Moon, etc.

With friends like that, I wouldn't need enemies.

This is an eye opener. Makes me fully understand why, as a race, we seem to be going backwards instead of forward. Too many of our own endorsing and supporting our failure and attacking the ones that don't.

This is truly scary. And totally mind blowing. I'm not exaggerating. I've lived in several states, numerous cities, encountered and worked with people from a vast arrange of races, cultures, ethnicities, education levels and socio-economic classes, and have NEVER, EVER heard/read/observed the ideologies/sentiments expressed on this site. (If I did, they were so few and far between that I don't even remember.)

I'm sure my ideologies/sentiments are just as bizarre and inconceivable, etc. to some of you as yours are to me. "How could someone, that genuinely loves their own people, possibly think like that?? You would think they detested them." 

I'm not saying this to be disrespectful, throw a job, etc. I REALLY can't begin to understand why so many intelligent, educated, professional minded, Black women come across,(to ME), as encouraging failure and non accountability.

I could never begin to understand that stance. Surely, some things aren't meant for me to understand.

Agree with a few points of the quoted piece. At the end of the day, she'll remain in the same circumstances unless she makes a new CHOICE (we all have choices, and consequences to ANY choice we make, whether we stay where we are at or expand our horizons). I can emphasize with her past, and how she is struggling, but my empathy won't help her or her family, nor pay her bills. We'll look at this story, be outraged, talk about the poor/working poor, discuss how some people are more privileged than others and move on quickly. But she'll still be in her current situation. So I hope that this 26-year old will find a workable solution to her very real problem of being paid minimum wage, whatever path she may choose. I (nor anyone else) cannot tell her what to do, and she can't change her past, but she can take baby steps towards her future if she chooses to. It's difficult (level of difficulty varies by person), requires self-reflection and patience (which is a trait missing from my generation), but it's an inescapable means to an end (financial security). She deserves to elevate herself just as much as anyone else on this planet...my opinion is that she has to live life proactively, not reactively.

Edited by juicifruit89 - Oct 12 2013 at 11:50am
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 1:12pm
But she is just one person. She is standing up sooo everyone can have fair wages. Her moving on means someone else will take that spot. Not everyone can or is meant for college to become a ceo or whatever but everyone should be able to provide for themselves.

I do agree that since she has the two kids plus her she needs to look for another hustle. Hopefully the kids go to school soon. Wonder where her mom or fam is
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 1:24pm
Interesting read these last several pages were....
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 1:25pm
ok y'all writing essays?

did it get that serious?

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 1:44pm
Okay these some long as paragraphs
But good read though. ...
juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

But she is just one person. She is standing up sooo everyone can have fair wages. Her moving on means someone else will take that spot. Not everyone can or is meant for college to become a ceo or whatever but everyone should be able to provide for themselves.

I do agree that since she has the two kids plus her she needs to look for another hustle. Hopefully the kids go to school soon. Wonder where her mom or fam is

I will say, good for her for speaking out and sharing her views. And I also hope that she can find her way and become financially secure. Fast-food places won't ever raise wages, but maybe the publicity will help her out as well. Again, best of luck to her.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
  Share Topic