Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - McDonald’s Worker Arrested After Confronting...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
 

McDonald’s Worker Arrested After Confronting...

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 26>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: May 27 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9387
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:34am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Social workers make pennies. 

Some not all. check the facts. Some make six figures. I am not at the bottom of the barrel but for the work I do I definitely should make more. I will say I am comfortable.


And the state workers only need to look at the Industrial Prison Complex to see where the salary you should be making goes.   Pass laws to lock up kids for 20 yrs for a bag of week and there you have $100K+ per year going to keep that kid in jail.   Instead why not pay you that money to run a program to give that kid something to do that will land him a good paying job?  Because you don't have a million dollar lobby to get congress to pass laws.

Not saying I disagree with you here at all. As a matter of fact my first post said McDonalds should set up more opportunities for employees to improve their current circumstances. 
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: May 27 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9387
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:38am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Poor people exist so the rest of us don't have to be called poor.  Poor people exist to suppress the wages of everyone just above the poverty line.  Because then the working class wage seems pretty good in comparison.

I hate these topics because the real issue here is that most of the people making comments about what someone else should / shouldn't do feel that they don't get paid enough.  And they are CORRECT!   Capitalism is set up to pit middle class families against the poor and keep the focus on all the things they are doing wrong.  

The poor are not responsible for suppressing middle class wages.   Let's ask why people in the middle are not also paid more instead of saying McDonald's workers might make the same as someone with a college degree.  FOR SHAME!   If you go to college for 4yrs and pay all that money to go why shouldn't you be paid $100,000 per year.   You should and you could bu then there is greed.

Because that is reserved for only a handful of Managers.  Those managers may be at $250K per year.  And then there is this ENORMOUS gap between them and the CEO of MILLIONS of dollars.  The CEO makes 250M per year and he has the SAME degrees as the people below him.  So close that gap and guess what?   A living wage is available.  But with the VP, CEO and host of TOP level people making the elephants share nobody under the senior management level is being paid as they should. 


NO DEGREE

This Lady in OP makes ~$17K per yr (before they cut her hours)

4yr DEGREE
Entry Level Office ~ $25K
Skilled Experienced ~ $50K (2x more than Entry)
Middle Management ~ $75K (3x more than Entry)

ADVANCED DEGREE
Senior Management ~ $100K (4x)
Executive Management ~$250K (10x)

> ENORMOUS GAP <



CEO ~ $10 Million  (400 times more than an employee with a degree !!!!)


See that big gap?  And the lobbyists and congresspeople get more of the company's money to keep minimum wage below poverty ~ More millions.  Of money that was made by and because of those people making $17 - $50K

Look at the numbers yourself and move them around.  Lets say we give this lady $15 - $20 per hour, start those with degrees at $100K, Keep scaling times 5-10 and fck it, let the CEO make 20 times more than the entry level but not 400 times more.    So 20 times more is $500K per year.   Who couldn't survive on that?   That frees up a lot of money to pay EVERYONE better.   To allow EVERYONE to make ends meet in this economy. 

If you can't see that the real issue is greed you are either in extreme denial about what's really going on or you are not so good at math.

Again I ask, when is America going to stop asking the least among us to do the most.

So Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian and the rest can do EXACTLY what everyone is so down on poor people for?  Paris' daddy's empire has workers with the fcked up pay scale above so that she can sit on her ass all day and do zero work.   But guess who the Hilton workers are mad at about their salaries???   Poor people. 


I agree completely but tell me when things will change....... They already think Obama is a socialist for giving people healthcare just to stay alive and functioning. 
Back to Top
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 102004
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:38am
This is exactly what I mean.   The only reason we have these expectations of poorer people is because we ourselves are actually poor but we live in a house instead of apartment, drive a car instead of ride the bus, eat at Chipotle instead of Taco Bell.  And it makes us feel like we're "smart".  We got that prize.

And MzCalikey I'm not even going to talk about trying to regulate births for the "poorer" but I'd be interested to know how to stop my 9yr old's feet from growing as soon as I buy him a new pair of sneakers.   I mean I guess I could bind them or chop off some toes but that just seems cruel.  LMKS. 


Edited by kfoxx1998 - Oct 11 2013 at 12:43pm
Back to Top
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 102004
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:40am
That's what I'm saying.  I'm not saying there isn't a reason some of you feel that way but please know its a gotdamn scam.  They got us running around trying to solve sh*t they put in place with the Trans Atlantic Trade Industry.   Free (damn near free) labor.
Back to Top
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 22 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 33362
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:42am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

This is exactly what I mean.   The only reason we have these expectations of poorer people is because we ourselves are actually poor but we live in a house instead of apartment, drive a car instead of ride the bus, east at Chipotle instead of Taco Bell.  And it makes us feel like we're "smart".  We got that prize.

And MzCalikey I'm not even going to talk about trying to regulate births for the "poorer" but I'd be interested to know how to stop my 9yr old's feet from growing as soon as I buy him a new pair of sneakers.   I mean I guess I could bind them or chop off some toes but that just seems cruel.  LMKS. 

Clap

And LOL at going into nursing for the money. Some people are in for a serious shock.
Back to Top
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 28 2008
Location: US - Washington
Status: Offline
Points: 60853
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:42am
This is why i've always said starting a business, and hoping it becomes successful is the way to go. Working for someone is a rat race.
Back to Top
Senior Detective View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 21 2013
Location: Fly on the wall
Status: Offline
Points: 39077
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:43am
I think there is a difference btw working class poor & poverty level poor.   

Ppl should be finacially, physically, mentally & emotionally stable b4 having kids imo
Back to Top
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 30 2006
Location: Cali
Status: Offline
Points: 184247
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:46am
i think im kinda poor (not like poverty poor)

what is really considered poor?
it seems subjective but im sure theres an actual number that ppl go by


Edited by coconess - Oct 11 2013 at 9:47am
Back to Top
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 102004
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

I think there is a difference btw working class poor & poverty level poor.   

Ppl should be finacially, physically, mentally & emotionally stable b4 having kids imo


What exactly IS the difference bun?



Back to Top
Senior Detective View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 21 2013
Location: Fly on the wall
Status: Offline
Points: 39077
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:50am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

I think there is a difference btw working class poor & poverty level poor.   

Ppl should be finacially, physically, mentally & emotionally stable b4 having kids imo


What exactly IS the difference bun?



this is some of it

The only reason we have these expectations of poorer people is because we ourselves are actually poor but we live in a house instead of apartment, drive a car instead of ride the bus, east at Chipotle instead of Taco Bell.  And it makes us feel like we're "smart".  We got that prize.
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 26>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down