Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - McDonald’s Worker Arrested After Confronting...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

McDonald’s Worker Arrested After Confronting...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 26>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 2:13am
My point is no matter what you are doing you should be able to afford the bare minimums without struggling on minimum wage and gov assistance.
Sponsored Links

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 2:50am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

My point is no matter what you are doing you should be able to afford the bare minimums without struggling on minimum wage and gov assistance.

I agree wholeheartedly

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I see why a lot of people, esp minorities, don't strive for better.
They've got a poopload of people patting them on the back telling them it's perfectly fine not to.
Have a bunch of kids you knew you can't provide for, usually by men that you knew in advance wasn't worth ish..
Then whine and moan about your struggle.
Girrrrrl, get on that Public Assistance! You deserve it! After all, da gubment is giving corporations all type of welfare.
Make all the irresponsible decisions you like. Accountabilty isn't an option.
After all, you didn't know any better.
And IF you did, it won't matter. You'll still have bleachers full of enablers, oops, I meant cheerleaders, to support your REPEATED poor decisions and act like everyone else that doesn't cosign on your foolishness are the confused ones..

at the same rate I also agree with this.

Krystal Klear View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote Krystal Klear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 6:29am
so in short....

poor people should not have kids

Is that the summary?Stern Smile
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Krystal Klear Krystal Klear wrote:

so in short....

Not at all. My parents were poor and had kids.
They just didn't believe it was anyone else's responsibility to support them.
I guess that's an uncommon way to think for some folks.
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Social workers make pennies. 

Some not all. check the facts. Some make six figures. I am not at the bottom of the barrel but for the work I do I definitely should make more. I will say I am comfortable.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:20am

so in short....

Pretty much, smh..
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:24am
Poor people exist so the rest of us don't have to be called poor.  Poor people exist to suppress the wages of everyone just above the poverty line.  Because then the working class wage seems pretty good in comparison.

I hate these topics because the real issue here is that most of the people making comments about what someone else should / shouldn't do feel that they don't get paid enough.  And they are CORRECT!   Capitalism is set up to pit middle class families against the poor and keep the focus on all the things they are doing wrong.  

The poor are not responsible for suppressing middle class wages.   Let's ask why people in the middle are not also paid more instead of saying McDonald's workers might make the same as someone with a college degree.  FOR SHAME!   If you go to college for 4yrs and pay all that money to go why shouldn't you be paid $100,000 per year.   You should and you could bu then there is greed.

Because that is reserved for only a handful of Managers.  Those managers may be at $250K per year.  And then there is this ENORMOUS gap between them and the CEO of MILLIONS of dollars.  The CEO makes 250M per year and he has the SAME degrees as the people below him.  So close that gap and guess what?   A living wage is available.  But with the VP, CEO and host of TOP level people making the elephants share nobody under the senior management level is being paid as they should. 

NO DEGREE

This Lady in OP makes ~$17K per yr (before they cut her hours)

4yr DEGREE
Entry Level Office ~ $25K
Skilled Experienced ~ $50K (2x more than Entry)
Middle Management ~ $75K (3x more than Entry)

ADVANCED DEGREE
Senior Management ~ $100K (4x)
Executive Management ~$250K (10x)

> ENORMOUS GAP <

CEO ~ $10 Million  (400 times more than an employee with a degree !!!!)

See that big gap?  And the lobbyists and congresspeople get more of the company's money to keep minimum wage below poverty ~ More millions.  Of money that was made by and because of those people making $17 - $50K

Look at the numbers yourself and move them around.  Lets say we give this lady $15 - $20 per hour, start those with degrees at $100K, Keep scaling times 5-10 and fck it, let the CEO make 20 times more than the entry level but not 400 times more.    So 20 times more is $500K per year.   Who couldn't survive on that?   That frees up a lot of money to pay EVERYONE better.   To allow EVERYONE to make ends meet in this economy. 

If you can't see that the real issue is greed you are either in extreme denial about what's really going on or you are not so good at math.

Again I ask, when is America going to stop asking the least among us to do the most.

So Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian and the rest can do EXACTLY what everyone is so down on poor people for?  Paris' daddy's empire has workers with the fcked up pay scale above so that she can sit on her ass all day and do zero work.   But guess who the Hilton workers are mad at about their salaries???   Poor people. 

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:30am
Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Social workers make pennies. 

Some not all. check the facts. Some make six figures. I am not at the bottom of the barrel but for the work I do I definitely should make more. I will say I am comfortable.

And the state workers only need to look at the Industrial Prison Complex to see where the salary you should be making goes.   Pass laws to lock up kids for 20 yrs for a bag of weed and there you have $100K+ per year going to keep that kid in jail.   Instead why not pay you that money to run a program to give that kid something to do that will land him a good paying job?  Because you don't have a million dollar lobby to get congress to pass laws.

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Oct 11 2013 at 12:42pm
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:32am

so in short....

No. Poor people should have as many kids as their income can sustain. Don't take a job at McDonalds, keep it for ten years and see they aint trying to give you a raise but keep adding fuel to the fire. I could not take care of myself comfortably for 8.25 let alone me a few someone elses. She did not have any kids when she started at 16 so she had to know things would be difficult if she kept having more. 

And what is having the bare minimum? Does he have to have new shoes? New shoes are nice but maybe not in her budget and that is the choice that she made. I feel bad for the kids that their parents don't put more effort into making their lives better. They are the real victims. Her kids aren't starving. Im sure she qualifies for foodstamps. I wish I had some at times because life would be much better but then I realize how it would be worse in other ways so I will suffer and buy my own food. 

I feel the same way about domestic violence. If you have one partner that abuses you I feel badly. If you have three and keep wondering what the problem is it might be you. At a certain point I stop feeling sorry for the choices you continue to make. At some point you have to stand up for yourself and create some boundaries. Ie. I will not have any more children because I cannot afford the ones I have now. I will not get into another relationship with a man who tries to control me. When I see the first signs I will leave. 

That's just me. 

Right now my budget does not include cable tv. I would like to have it but it is not a necessity. I'd rather use the savings of having no cable to take a vacation or buy something else I like more than tv or is important.  I would like a pair of chanel sandals but right now my budget might be coach or even target. 

I'm not against poor people. I am for Education for all. People who are educated are less likely to fall into the trap of careers without advancement at McDonalds. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style