Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - McDonald’s Worker Arrested After Confronting...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

McDonald’s Worker Arrested After Confronting...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 26>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 12:45am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

But when did I say they should make the same? Ppl with their masters or more are oooonnllyy making 15 an hour sad /sarcasm/

Snd even so all that schooling should be so you get into the feild that you want and/or just love education. Whyare you competing with a mcdonalds worker.

I'm sorry but I'm not seeing it. I go to school to learn and be trained in the field I want. Teachers, social workers wtc shouldn't be starting at 20k a year anyways.   Maybe when the minimum wage is raised to where it should be

Well this social worker has not had a raise in more than five years because of state budget crunch. I have a friend with a Phd in something he loves that not everyone else values as much as he does. I will tell you that he works very hard at finding a job in his field but until then he has to take what he can. But sometimes what you love doesn't pay. So if you love not going to school for something that society highly values if you go at all or choose to have children then you are making a conscious decision to do what you love with the possible cost of not making as much as you could if you chose another field or to remain childless (just examples). If my friend would have gotten his Phd in engineering he might not like his job as much but he would be living a lot easier. That's not a sacrifice he is willing to make. 

How many of you are willing to work at McDonald's right now? Why not?
Sponsored Links

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 12:55am

Edited by HaitianDiva64 - Oct 11 2013 at 1:02am
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 1:04am
Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

But when did I say they should make the same? Ppl with their masters or more are oooonnllyy making 15 an hour sad /sarcasm/

Snd even so all that schooling should be so you get into the feild that you want and/or just love education. Whyare you competing with a mcdonalds worker.

I'm sorry but I'm not seeing it. I go to school to learn and be trained in the field I want. Teachers, social workers wtc shouldn't be starting at 20k a year anyways.   Maybe when the minimum wage is raised to where it should be

Well this social worker has not had a raise in more than five years because of state budget crunch. I have a friend with a Phd in something he loves that not everyone else values as much as he does. I will tell you that he works very hard at finding a job in his field but until then he has to take what he can. But sometimes what you love doesn't pay. So if you love not going to school for something that society highly values if you go at all or choose to have children then you are making a conscious decision to do what you love with the possible cost of not making as much as you could if you chose another field or to remain childless (just examples). If my friend would have gotten his Phd in engineering he might not like his job as much but he would be living a lot easier. That's not a sacrifice he is willing to make. 

How many of you are willing to work at McDonald's right now? Why not?

>>>|<<<
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 1:07am
Haiti, I'm think your take is "if you studied a field you loved, then what is it to you that someone making minimum wage is now able to pay their bills? Shouldn't you be happy to be doing what you do? B/c w/o that education, you couldn't do what you do." 
Correct?
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 1:16am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

That Mercedes I want is expensive. It would really cause financial strain if I got it. Even if my credit allowed me to get it, common sense tells me to put it off until I can financially manage it.
Just because I can, doesn't mean I should, right?
Or if I got it & ran into financial difficulty, it's no biggie. I'll just expect my friends and family to cover the $ I can't come up with. They would have to sacrifice for my selfish decision but ,oh well.
It's not like I bought the car when my finances were just fine but unexpectly lost my job or had a reduction in pay. I'm buying the car knowing I can't really afford it. It's my right! & anyone that doesn't support my selfish decision are indeed evil.
Not sure what you're trying to compare...?

I knew most wouldn't ..Or pretend that they didn't. A lot of folks say that racism doesn't exist.
I'm sure most don't get that one, either. Lol
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 1:17am
Social workers make pennies. 
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 1:28am
I see why a lot of people, esp minorities, don't strive for better.
They've got a poopload of people patting them on the back telling them it's perfectly fine not to.
Have a bunch of kids you knew you can't provide for, usually by men that you knew in advance wasn't worth ish..
Then whine and moan about your struggle.
Girrrrrl, get on that Public Assistance! You deserve it! After all, da gubment is giving corporations all type of welfare.
Make all the irresponsible decisions you like. Accountabilty isn't an option.
After all, you didn't know any better.
And IF you did, it won't matter. You'll still have bleachers full of enablers, oops, I meant cheerleaders, to support your REPEATED poor decisions and act like everyone else that doesn't cosign on your foolishness are the confused ones..
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 1:35am
Threads like this always remind me of the outrage when someone posted an article about a study that essentially said "The Black Culture Encourages Failure."

Some of y'all aren't going to get that my point..As expected.

And the irony is, the people I know that had some of the poorest, roughest, least privileged childhoods/lives, that fought their way to a better life, are the least accepting of excuses and repeated poor decisions that some people insist on making.

Imagine that.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 1:42am
What you just said reminds me of the movie Black Girl.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 2:05am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I wish I could get on welfare...I hate spending my own money Ouch

my boss (after trying to figure out the new healthcare options we have to choose from) said he aughta find someway to get laid off and just collect welfare.  Instead of working poor he's a working fool.  It don't pay in the 2013 to have a job "with benefits".
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style