Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - McDonald’s Worker Arrested After Confronting...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

McDonald’s Worker Arrested After Confronting...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 26>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 12:16am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Maybe but even the college system is set up wrong.

College shouldnt be the only way out of poverty anyway.

Right, but it's not. It is one way.
Sponsored Links

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 12:20am
Huh? No one was being petty honestly and I never said ppl should get paid tge same but the base pay should be raised.

Why would a college graduate be mad that someone is making ends meet. The math was done 15 an hour barely reaches 30, 000.

I didn't get why a college graduate would be mad that a mcdonalds worker is making the amount thwy need to make ends meet
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 12:21am
Inflation is real outchea that's why our dollar weakens every year
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 12:22am
That Mercedes I want is expensive. It would really cause financial strain if I got it. Even if my credit allowed me to get it, common sense tells me to put it off until I can financially manage it.
Just because I can, doesn't mean I should, right?
Or if I got it & ran into financial difficulty, it's no biggie. I'll just expect my friends and family to cover the $ I can't come up with. They would have to sacrifice for my selfish decision but ,oh well.
It's not like I bought the car when my finances were just fine but unexpectly lost my job or had a reduction in pay. I'm buying the car knowing I can't really afford it. It's my right! & anyone that doesn't support my selfish decision are indeed evil.
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 12:24am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Huh? No one was being petty honestly and I never said ppl should get paid tge same but the base pay should be raised.

Why would a college graduate be mad that someone is making ends meet. The math was done 15 an hour barely reaches 30, 000.

I didn't get why a college graduate would be mad that a mcdonalds worker is making the amount thwy need to make ends meet

Where is that making ends meet with a family? Oh yeah, in the Evans household. 

No one is mad at a McDonalds worker making ends meet. For all those people who struggled through high school and college, sometimes grad school with families, should they make the same as a 16 year old at McDonalds? I am just wondering what everyone thinks the solution is. I proposed one but we glossed over that. 

not being petty? I am not saying you but there was a couple of comments directed specifically at what I said. I don't need a burger etc. etc. 
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 12:31am
Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Where is that making ends meet with a family? Oh yeah, in the Evans household. 

No one is mad at a McDonalds worker making ends meet. For all those people who struggled through high school and college, sometimes grad school with families, should they make the same as a 16 year old at McDonalds? I am just wondering what everyone thinks the solution is. I proposed one but we glossed over that. 

not being petty? I am not saying you but there was a couple of comments directed specifically at what I said. I don't need a burger etc. etc. 
ETA: typo

Right, I think she's missing the point. Besides, everyone has their on idea of what's needed to "make ends meet". Everyone has a different perception the distance of the ends which need to meet. This is why minimum wage is set to what it is. Someone out there thought ~$8.00 (what ever min wage is) is enough to "make ends meet". Other say "No, it's $10" etc. I just don't see Haiti's logic on why a college graduate should make (near) minimum wage and be fine and dandy with that. 

Edited by MizzAmirah - Oct 11 2013 at 12:31am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 12:33am
But when did I say they should make the same? Ppl with their masters or more are oooonnllyy making 15 an hour sad /sarcasm/

Snd even so all that schooling should be so you get into the feild that you want and/or just love education. Whyare you competing with a mcdonalds worker.

I'm sorry but I'm not seeing it. I go to school to learn and be trained in the field I want. Teachers, social workers wtc shouldn't be starting at 20k a year anyways.   Maybe when the minimum wage is raised to where it should be
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

That Mercedes I want is expensive. It would really cause financial strain if I got it. Even if my credit allowed me to get it, common sense tells me to put it off until I can financially manage it.
Just because I can, doesn't mean I should, right?
Or if I got it & ran into financial difficulty, it's no biggie. I'll just expect my friends and family to cover the $ I can't come up with. They would have to sacrifice for my selfish decision but ,oh well.
It's not like I bought the car when my finances were just fine but unexpectly lost my job or had a reduction in pay. I'm buying the car knowing I can't really afford it. It's my right! & anyone that doesn't support my selfish decision are indeed evil.
Not sure what you're trying to compare...?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 12:38am
Minimum wage is 7.25/hr for the country I believe and that was set back in 2004 I believe. Yes someone out there like congress who gets kick back from the corps that have to pay the minimum wage.

Lol ok I get it. If mcdonalds workers are making almost the same amount as a college graduate your degree is somehow tainted or worth less?

I give up. And minimum wage should be different in wvery area 7.25 is def not enough to live on your own in nyc

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 12:43am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 26>
  Share Topic