Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - McDonald’s Worker Arrested After Confronting...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

McDonald’s Worker Arrested After Confronting...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 26>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:20pm
Ok sure but y'all kinda are making it seem like there would be no reason to go to college.
Heck maybe this way more people would go and finish without all that debt breathing down their necks.

Sooner or later Congress is gonna have to address that issue too and no matter how anyone feels about it.
It's not good for the country
Sponsored Links

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

I'm being sarcastic. Calm down. Evidently I'm following the same presumptive tone as the person I quoted. Y'all both reaching. 
No one is that hype over your post though.

MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

I'm being sarcastic. Calm down. Evidently I'm following the same presumptive tone as the person I quoted. Y'all both reaching. 
No one is that hype over your post though.

Very good to know.  Wink
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Ok sure but y'all kinda are making it seem like there would be no reason to go to college.
Heck maybe this way more people would go and finish without all that debt breathing down their necks.

Sooner or later Congress is gonna have to address that issue too and no matter how anyone feels about it.

I don't think Haiti and I were on the same page. My only point for that particular conversation is that there would be LESS incentive for going to college, esp. when everything is factored in.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:35pm
Maybe but even the college system is set up wrong.

College shouldnt be the only way out of poverty anyway.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:45pm
Was she already working at McDonalds when she she decided to take on the financial drain of having kids?
I wonder how much her husband makes. Does he work?
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:54pm
you couldn't pay me to work at McDonalds as an adult. $15 or not. Id rather be a prostitute.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

IA. I always think that unless it directly affects the folk in congress directly (their own pocketbook), it won't happen.

How much is daycare for 3 little ones? This graphic made me sad.Cry
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/12/child-care-_n_3585752.html

In some states it is more than the cost of college tuition!
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 12:03am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

But if she was on Public Assistance those same comments would have been "McDonalds is always hiring".

SNAPAROONI!!!
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 12:14am
I don't think I was being nasty. Just realistic. You can show me charts and graphs about how minimum wage impacts cost but you and I both know that the CEOs will use it as an excuse to charge us more. I could give a rats ass about eating a McDonald's anything. I don't have a problem paying 3.50 for a burger just not THAT mess that probably cost them a quarter to make. Would you pay $5 for a pack of ramen? So yes, I will them cross them off my list completely when that happens. Next point. I am a social worker and have been for a long time. I would never encourage any of the people I have worked for to aim for a lifelong career at McDonalds because I care about them. If they get $15 an hour they will find another way to exploit them. I love learning but instead of spending the ridiculous amount of money I spent for all of my degrees honestly I could have learned all of that for free. So that blah, blah, blah about we should all should get paid the same is ridiculous.Some of the smartest people I know never went to college but see if that works in the job market. Maybe we should fix that. And I started from the bottom. I have never worked at McD's but I have worked at Taco Bell, Burger King and Wendy's as a teen and in college. I aspired to do better partly because I knew that was not what I wanted to do the rest of my life. I grew up poor so I am speaking from experience not what I think. Everyone's experience is not the same, I am speaking from what I know, not what you or anybody else's experience was. I really hate when yall get petty and try to make personal attacks when someone doesn't see things the way you do. Real childish. But it's BHM and it will never change so carry on. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 26>
  Share Topic